JMicron JMB368 PATA+SATA controller

SkyZ

12 posts in this topic

Hi there, just wanna check if anyone manage to get the JMB368 controller working. I've the Asus P5K-VM (see my signature), and wanna add one more HDD to the system. However, since the onboard SATA port 3 & 4 are actually on JMicron instead of Intel ICH9 (I tried all the AppleAHCIPort/AppleVIAATA plist editing), is there any genius out there willing to make a driver for it?

Did you try modifying the JMB362 driver thats common on the P965 boards? I haven't looked into it, might just be a edited AppleVIAATA.plist thou.

btw, how well does that PCI-E card work, does it need plist editing to work?

Did you try modifying the JMB362 driver thats common on the P965 boards? I haven't looked into it, might just be a edited AppleVIAATA.plist thou.

btw, how well does that PCI-E card work, does it need plist editing to work?

Yes I tried it, but still no go.......... Anyway, I found a driver called JMicronATA.kext from a Russian forum, will try it later on.

For the Silicon Image card, since it uses RAID BIOS on a ROM (non-flashable), getta edit the plist to make it work, so far it's working but performance can't compare to the onboard Intel ICH9 SATA (about 20% performance drop....) and it also affected the sleep function, wake up with blank blue screen sometime and machine need to hard reboot..........

According to asus site and reviews about this board, it says ICH9 4x SATA and JMB368 PATA.

could it be that apples generic SATA driver only supports 2 devices on this board, I mean it looks to be some BIOS issues since only devices connected to SATA 1&2 shows up in ACHI list in BIOS (disks connected to all SATA ports can be selected as boot drive in BIOS thou).

• 3 weeks later...
\For the Silicon Image card, since it uses RAID BIOS on a ROM (non-flashable), getta edit the plist to make it work, so far it's working but performance can't compare to the onboard Intel ICH9 SATA (about 20% performance drop....) and it also affected the sleep function, wake up with blank blue screen sometime and machine need to hard reboot..........

Sorry for being dense, what SI card are you using? I don't see it in your sig or post.

Also, can you help a newbie :) out with the .plist edit you made? I do not have Windows running so I do not know how to get the register address. Could you tell me what kext you edited?

I desperately need to add more SATA ports. My plea for help is at: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=68073

I have a Asus P5K with a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, PNY Geforce 7300, Intel Pro 1000 ethernet, 4GB 800MHz dual DDR running Uphuck 10.4.9 (It rocks!), I just need some more SATA ports and I will be all set...

Thanks!

As far as I know, the official OSX driver from Silicon Image will only work on 3132 (PCI-E to SATA controller). Since I've some problem with sleep function after putting in the SI card, finally I go back to IDE DVD writer with 2 HDDs on Intel ICH9 SATA ports. Not sure about P5K, but if you're willing to give up sleep, go for the SI 3132 PCI-E expansion card and you'll have 2 extra SATA ports at most (it'll detect as parellel SCSI anyway).

Hi,

I'm guessing that the SATA ports 3 & 4 aren't driven by the JMicron controller. I yet don't have this motherboard, but in a few days. All the 4 SATA ports surely are driven by the ICH9 controller. If you set the controller to work in AHCI mode (for generic OSX86 compatibility) then the device id should be 2923h (not the typical 2922h for 6 SATA ports):

Device 2923h = Desktop AHCI Mode (Ports 0,1,4 and 5) *from Intel ICH9 Device and Revision Identification Datasheet.

I'm also guessing that maybe there's some kind of limitation that unables OS X to recognise non-continous SATA ports.

Cheers!

i use in bios jmicron enabled ,the Disks in IDE mode and i modified 2 kexts with my vendev ids

now i have sata and ide disks work ok

anyway here are the kexts for p5k premium ,im dont remember if they have the same dev.id

find yours and replace the x2920 (this i have for primary SATA)

if you have 2920 (find it in windows) then it should work ok with those 2 kexts

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=68352&hl=