Bugs in 9a559

Fizzeh

93 posts in this topic

Very odd Matthias03. iTunes works a treat for me on this PPC end. There is something wrong in our configurations I think. Did you do an upgrade, archive, or straight install? I did an archive that essentially failed and then manually migrated /Library and /Users (as well as some other misc folders) over. I'm trying to figure out what I may have running or services/daemons that are installed versus others.Anyone *seeing* success with Pages/iTunes/Keynote/Numbers, etc. with PPC Leopard?BTW, working fine on an Intel MacBook Pro on this end. I have a feeling it may be more of a function of router vs. Leopard or router specific WPA implementation. You may try temporarily changing around your router conf to see what happens.Any experience on the other post regard PPC installs and iWork and/or iLife apps?

I did a new install. I haven't touched any system core files, er. . .its OS X. . .I shouldn't have to. That's a "Windows" option. :D

But no, my config/setup/conf files should be 100% vanilla.

And I've narrowed it down to 320 bitrate AAC songs only. Mp3's are fine, and any AAC file below 320 is fine. What's bad for me, is I rip at 320 AAC now. I can live w/ this bug for now, but I'm very concerned dropping 130 bucks, and bringing this bug home. This is exactly why I'm testing {censored} now on this aging machine.

Thanks again though for your thoughts. Anyone else have any idea now that more data is relevant? Any thoughts to Moijole's original issue?

I did a new install. I haven't touched any system core files, er. . .its OS X. . .I shouldn't have to. That's a "Windows" option. :P

But no, my config/setup/conf files should be 100% vanilla.

And I've narrowed it down to 320 bitrate AAC songs only. Mp3's are fine, and any AAC file below 320 is fine. What's bad for me, is I rip at 320 AAC now. I can live w/ this bug for now, but I'm very concerned dropping 130 bucks, and bringing this bug home. This is exactly why I'm testing {censored} now on this aging machine.

Thanks again though for your thoughts. Anyone else have any idea now that more data is relevant? Any thoughts to Moijole's original issue?

Well, it appears that our issues are somehow not connected. Seeing Yipee's comment lends credence to it being a configuration issue.

Now, I am seeing a new issue and am very concerned about it.

I had my workstation running today and went away for about 5 minutes or so and when I came back, the machine had apparently panicked. I found it in a state where the fans were running on overdrive while the screen did not report a panic. Upon rebooting (power held for 5 sec did kill it as is std) things started up and then while it was starting up initial apps, etc. I started hearing a clicking from inside of my machine which normally means the hard drive has physically failed (ie, head tapping the return end, etc.) and the machine went into another panic. I rebooted once more to see if I could see a report and I did see a panic report (will paste below). So I figured things were end game. I rebooted the machine with the install disc and ran disk utility to see what I would find (counted on a SMART failure at this point with physical parameters being out of whack) and low and behold it had a hard time reading the disk.

So after a while it finally came up and the RAID array was working again and I was able to run a repair. HOWEVER the installer panicked about 9/10 of the way through the repair.

So I figured that was it, time to put some new drives in, however I rebooted and the system is running again with out failing. I have never seen a failure like this that will come back up and SMART is saying it is fine it appears. I really am not sure what to think as, like I said, this is usually end game time for a drive.

But, due to this being early on in Leo's life, I thought perhaps there may be a driver problem and was wanting to get other's input as it could be a serious hiccup.

Any thoughts?

Here's the panic dump:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x6188D6B4): "ATA Device recovery failed\n"@/SourceCache/IOATABlockStorage/IOATABlockStorage-200.1.8/IOATABlockStorageDriverV2.cpp:2325

Latest stack backtrace for cpu 1:

Backtrace:

0x0009AC38 0x0009B5DC ... 0x000AFD54

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleK2SATA(1.0.4f2)@0x6193a000->0x6193efff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4)@0x58550000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily(1.7.3f1)@0x610c0000

com.apple.iokit.IOATABlockStorage(2.0.0)@0x6188a000->0x6189cfff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.5.2)@0x586dc000

com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily(1.7.3f1)@0x610c0000->0x610d1fff

Proceeding back via exception chain:

Exception state (sv=0x6094d000)

PC=0x00000000; MSR=0x0000D030; DAR=0x00000000; DSISR=0x00000000; LR=0x00000000; R1=0x00000000; XCP=0x00000000 (Unknown)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Any thoughts?

Here's the panic dump:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x6188D6B4): "ATA Device recovery failed\n"@/SourceCache/IOATABlockStorage/IOATABlockStorage-200.1.8/IOATABlockStorageDriverV2.cpp:2325

Latest stack backtrace for cpu 1:

Backtrace:

0x0009AC38 0x0009B5DC ... 0x000AFD54

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleK2SATA(1.0.4f2)@0x6193a000->0x6193efff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4)@0x58550000

com.apple.iokit.IOATABlockStorage(2.0.0)@0x6188a000->0x6189cfff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.5.2)@0x586dc000

com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily(1.7.3f1)@0x610c0000->0x610d1fff

Proceeding back via exception chain:

Exception state (sv=0x6094d000)

PC=0x00000000; MSR=0x0000D030; DAR=0x00000000; DSISR=0x00000000; LR=0x00000000; R1=0x00000000; XCP=0x00000000 (Unknown)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

The area's to look at are the "dependancies" they will give a clue as to the cause, perhaps a better explaination would to to check this link

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html

Hi All

I'm running on a MBP (older Core Duo) and I can no longer accept bluetooth file transfers from either of my mobile phones. One is a Nokia 6233, the other a Treo 650. They fail at the initial connection stage, and nothing appears on the laptop.

Worth pointing out that bluetooth in general seems to work OK, I can dial up to the internet with my phone using bluetooth.

Any one else confirm this or have a workaround?

This Safari downloading bug is a problem. I have 9a559 installed on two different computers, a new iMac and a Core Duo MBP. I only have this problem on my iMac, and do not seem to have the problem on the MBP. Same with downloading Mail. My Mail.app will stop in the middle of downloading mail, and will only quit with a Force Quit.

Hey guys, i have a small but annoying bug on my MBP (CD) whenever i hit the volume keys the overlay that usually pops up on screen just shows up as a white square with transparent space where the volume level should be, same thing for brightness, anyone else encounter this one?

The area's to look at are the "dependancies" they will give a clue as to the cause, perhaps a better explaination would to to check this link

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html

Thanks for that, I do recall that article from long ago, however it doesn't seem to do the trick in Leo unless I'm missing something. When digging around under /System/Library/LaunchAgents and other LaunchAgents locations, I'm not seeing all of the services/daemons starting up. For example, I don't see the samba/windows/smb/cifs/smbd-nmbd service kickstarts listed anywhere. Seems that there is something else going on service-startup-wise in Leopard. Anyone know about these details?

hello,

i've that same problem with theses bezels like you superspacie...

also i've that front row issue that apple IR is letting me in FR by pressing Menu button, but then no navigation is possible.

I did upgrade install from 10.4.10..

yup, i did a fresh install and now everything works as it should (FR and IR, Bezels displayed correctly), exept that i can confirm the safari bug...

that means, a maybe broken download with safari stalls it...

hope they will fix it soon.

...I can no longer accept bluetooth file transfers from either of my mobile phones...They fail at the initial connection stage, and nothing appears on the laptop.

Any one else confirm this or have a workaround?

Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. I thought I was going crazy for a while. I'm running a C2D MacBook and trying to transfer from a Samsung A707. I wouldn't have discovered the problem though if Address Book archives would import properly. Anyone else having that problem? Mine only imports about 8 contacts.