Apps that work or dont work in leopard?

cringemaster

59 posts in this topic

iPhoto crashes when importing from digital camera (Nikon D40). I store both RAW (NEF) and JPEG version of the shot on the memory card, so maybe it has something to do with RAW format?

iPhoto is updated, import worked fine in 9A527.

Hi,

For people having problems with Parallels relating to the hypervisor, just uninstall and reinstall Parallels. I had this problem uninstalled and reinstalled and now everything works just fine. The problem must be in a kernel extension that is not properly started or installed.

Good Luck :( ,

iTunes won't play any AAC file that's been ripped @ 320 (or over). The song will play, then when finished and trying for the next track, it crashes. MP3's of the same bitrate and below, run fine. AAC files below 320 play fine. iTunes also will not rip @ 320 AAC, rather only rip it at VBR. It appears this has been like this since 9a527. This concerns me greatly.

Running on a 1.2 G4 system.

For people having problems with Parallels relating to the hypervisor, just uninstall and reinstall Parallels. I had this problem uninstalled and reinstalled and now everything works just fine. The problem must be in a kernel extension that is not properly started or installed.

I tried that and it worked for a short while, but then the hypervisor error came back.

Anyone tried VMware Fusion?

I can't view my Aperture library in Aperture. I can view my iPhoto library, but not my Aperture library...anybody else having this issue?

Found them, but I think this is a bug. They no longer show up under "Library" but do show up in "Untitled project"

Latest updates of the following all work: Toast 8, EyeTV, Turbo.264, Handbrake, MPEGStreamclip, Mactheripper, TubeTV, iWork 08, iLife 08, Perian.

ReadDVD! (an app that allows you to read UDF formatted discs like DVD-RAM) doesn't work.

How's OpenGL performance? Anybody try Civilization IV?
Yup. Working fine :P

OpenGL is on par with or slightly better than Tiger in my experience.

I can't view my Aperture library in Aperture. I can view my iPhoto library, but not my Aperture library...anybody else having this issue?Found them, but I think this is a bug. They no longer show up under "Library" but do show up in "Untitled project"
Aperture works fine here.

Works:

Parallels (latest build)

iLife 08 (all the suite's apps)

Transmission

CS3 Master Collection

Lightroom

Adium

iStat Pro

DeskShade

Stattoo

iWork 08

iScrobbler

Perian

Growl

MarcoPolo

Parallels, Spaces, and hot corners configured are amazing. I set Parallels to run full screen in one space, and then use hot corners to switch back and forth between spaces. Very efficient.

Broken:

Mail Appetizer - automatically disabled by Mail.

Red Snapper 1.4

GrowlMail (component of Growl) - automatically disabled by Mail.

BuddyPop 2.5.2 - launches and then shuts down.

Other problems noted:

Copying a selected portion of a PDF document in Preview and then pasting it into another app (e.g. TextEdit) pastes the entire page and not the selected portion.

Folders with a custom icon show up only as a generic folder icon when placed in the dock.

Apple Remote Desktop Admin does not work any more.

Safari fixes some websites that had problems in Tiger but breaks some others. Typical of browser updates!

Airport Disk Utility no longer mounts drive attached to Extreme Base Station automatically. And menubar icon does not appear.

I can't view my Aperture library in Aperture. I can view my iPhoto library, but not my Aperture library...anybody else having this issue?

Found them, but I think this is a bug. They no longer show up under "Library" but do show up in "Untitled project"

I'm having a problem with Aperture also. Nothing shows up under Library, but all my project folders are intact. Also, and this causes major problems, no menu bar items up top. Next to the Apple icon there is nothing.

Have you happened to fix the problem with yours?