[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

with the help from lastExile and cycloneFr (sorry if mispelled), i successfully get radeon 2600xt to hv dual screen (but still need dvi-to-vga adapter).

i'm not sure if i can share this directly (if not, pls delete this post, sorry once again lastExile and CycloneFr). I uploaded to rapidshare included files are ATY_Triakis.kext and Natit.kext (given by CycloneFr). I changed and renamed the compressed file coz original compressed file has wierd name (LOL).

http://rapidshare.com/files/79200262/2600xt.zip

Is this for leopard only?

I have downloaded Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800 and installed. I then followed the readme and looked into Info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

From System Profiler my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT has been recognized as HD 2600Pro, Vendor ID (0x1002), Device ID (0x9588)

In Info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext, the Device ID 0x95881002 is already there, how can I further add?

Also, still cannot get the DVI working, using DVI2VGA is OK though. QE, CI OK, resolution OK.

Please help!

Thanks!

EDIT

Got it fixed by updating my Asus P5K Bios from 6.03 to 7.04.

Many thanks to netkas and asap18

Hello to all, I have a notebook with RADEON HD 2600 XT. Can something as native to include screen. I install radeon_hd_2600_2900 driver from irc, and now I have a black screen ;) .

-x not working(Black screen too). But I can to boot only from KismusDVD tools to edit some files. Thanks

p.s. Sorry for my English

DevID 9581

Vendor 1002

Hello, sorry for my english but im french user...

I have installed the triakis driver for my 2600xt, it work well after editing the Dev ID (for QE/CI)

My 2600xt heats lot, I can not even put my finger on it ...

You think it is normal?

I also got a Radeon 2600Pro agp 512 Mb (dev.id 9587).

Installed the Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800 drivers and added the dev id to the list. Now profiler recognizes it as ATI,RadeonHD2600 but with only 256mb and no qe. Possible resolutions only 1024x768.

Did I miss a step? Looks like the driver assumes this is the older 256mb model.

Anybody have a clue as to how can I fix this?

Running uphuck 10.4.9.

I also got a Radeon 2600Pro agp 512 Mb (dev.id 9587).

Installed the Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800 drivers and added the dev id to the list. Now profiler recognizes it as ATI,RadeonHD2600 but with only 256mb and no qe. Possible resolutions only 1024x768.

Did I miss a step? Looks like the driver assumes this is the older 256mb model.

Anybody have a clue as to how can I fix this?

Running uphuck 10.4.9.

You need to have the imac update that has the 2600 and 10.4.10 update with atleast 8.10.1 kernel

I tried on my laptop HP HDX 9000 series (9050EF) with Leopard Flat Image (the only one that works a little), but triakis gave my black screen (even with -V -X). My ATI Mobility HD 2600XT DEVID: 9583 VEN: 1002.

Then can't boot, I have to install again :rolleyes:

I tried on my laptop HP HDX 9000 series (9050EF) with Leopard Flat Image (the only one that works a little), but triakis gave my black screen (even with -V -X). My ATI Mobility HD 2600XT DEVID: 9583 VEN: 1002.

Then can't boot, I have to install again ;)

same. drivers for "mobility" cards is yet to be developed. Are you tried to plugin monitor in your laptop?

Hello to all, I have a notebook with RADEON HD 2600 XT. Can something as native to include screen. I install radeon_hd_2600_2900 driver from irc, and now I have a black screen :) .

-x not working(Black screen too). But I can to boot only from KismusDVD tools to edit some files. Thanks

p.s. Sorry for my English

DevID 9581

Vendor 1002

mine is doing the same thing. except i have a desktop. DEVID 9588. Any suggestions?

For anyone with a ATI Radeon HD 2600 with AGP Device id 9587 i fixed it for anyone with agp

Download

Use Kext Helper to install the kexts

You still need to download the natit from IRC #RadeonHD ..The first link in the topic

Also report back if Dual DVI works should work fine i just need confirmed report of it

1234be4.png

lastExile, i'm sorry, but this is my first try to use mac os

Can you help me and write mini-guide step by step what I must do to make my AGP Radeon HD 2600 XT 512Mb fully work?

P.S. In any case thank you and sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.

lastExile, i'm sorry, but this is my first try to use mac os

Can you help me and write mini-guide step by step what I must do to make my AGP Radeon HD 2600 XT 512Mb fully work?

P.S. In any case thank you and sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.

Whats your device ID ?

Go to system profiler just click the apple logo then about this mac and more info under video it should say Device ID

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte HD 2600 Pro 512 MB with ID 9589, passive Cooling.

Have installed at first Driver from Netkas, then LasExile's Patch for the white Menüs. And then Triakis Solution for DVI. All works great!

i have some curious things, when i watch videos: There are sometimes some lines in the screen, very short, they come and disappear.

And this appears the last 1 week: There Black Screens in the Videos, 1 second long the Videos. Can someone report the same things?

KS

6wzpkq1.jpg

My Config:

Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

Gigabyte HD Radeon 2600 Pro with DVI

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte HD 2600 Pro 512 MB with ID 9589, passive Cooling.

Have installed at first Driver from Netkas, then LasExile's Patch for the white Menüs. And then Triakis Solution for DVI. All works great!

i have some curious things, when i watch videos: There are sometimes some lines in the screen, very short, they come and disappear.

And this appears the last 1 week: There Black Screens in the Videos, 1 second long the Videos. Can someone report the same things?

KS

6wzpkq1.jpg

My Config:

Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

Gigabyte GA P35-DS4

Gigabyte HD Radeon 2600 Pro with DVI

For me it's worse, the problem with the lines is right from the begining, sometimes it gets some serious distorsions of the image. From what i understood in the irc channel it's some power related bug, because the kext is beta. Need to wait for the final release. One suggestion from XyZ , if you have 2 DVI, try plugging on the other port.