VMWare 10.4.9 upchuck, problem

32 posts in this topic

I am having a problem installing Mac OS 10.4.9 on my Intel PC, hope someone can help me with this.

I have to use VMWare to install it because I don't have a DVD-Burner. But I want to use it native.

I have followed this guide with no luck: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11314

And this is what I have:

VMWare Workstation 6 ACE Edition and VMWare Workstation 5.5

Deamon Tools

MAC OSX 10.4.9 with the 10.4.10 Update (KILL3R) (By uphuck)

Windows XP

Pentium 4 3,1 GHZ (SSE2)

1 GB DDR RAM

nVidia GeForce FX 5600

The Problem:

And when I try to boot up the Mac ISO in VMWare, I get this error:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/417/wtfkc8.jpg

The error:

Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device

If I click OK then It goes on, and afterwards I get the install screen.

I choose a language. And afterwards, I get a crash.

The log:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/193/errormacub0.jpg

Can anyone please help me? :)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for replying!

Yes its about that text. I just moved the window a bit. I tought perhaps there is something in the command people here have to see.

But, like I said before. When I hit OK on that ->

After that I get the install screen, and after that it just freezes, or shuts down on its own.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :thumbsdown_anim:

The torrent: MAC OSX 10.4.9 with the 10.4.10 Update (KILL3R) is in my E: Folder. (C: = Windows, and D: = Where I want to install mac, E: = a file partition).

And if you mean where I downloaded it. Well, by far as I know its illigal to tell that on the forum? O.o

I added it this time. But no luck, I still get this error:

Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device

Anymore suggestions?

VMware ACE Edition is known for causing problems in OS X. Get VMware Workstation 6 non ace edition. And also, Uphuck causes problems in VMware as well, use JaS. Uphuck is faster because I have tested it, but Uphuck often causes problems in VMware and if you are gonna use VMware, JaS is the way to go.

So this means that I have to download all over again? :whistle:

And to be more clearly. I am going to use it native, not via VMWare. I just wanted to install it using VMWare because I don't have a dvd-burner. ;)

But I am downloading VMWare 5.5 non ace. And hope that this work.

I have downloaded VMWare 5.5 by now. And still with no luck I get the same thing.

By far as I read in the error, I need to have DMA enabled for my CD-ROM or something like that. But how to enable that?

I have updated my first post with some more information.

I really hope that there is a solution for this. ;)

Just another thing I want to add to this all. I installed 10.4.6 about a year ago. And it all worked perfectly.

And I have been searching around some more, and I think that I need an older version.

So I am downloading 'Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]' Right now.

I hope that this will work. Please tell me if I am doing the right thing, or mistaking.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for double post

Okey, I am getting head acke from this. First I download Uphuck 10.4.9 (2 days). Then they say Download JaS 10.4.6 (4 hours). Then PCWiz says that I need to get 10.4.8 (Downloading 1 day now). And now you say to download jas 10.4.7 repack.

I am really getting tired of this... What to download for god sakes?