Macserialjunkie

Pentad

27 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody knows what is going on with MSJ? I love that site and miss it. It was down for a bit, then back up, and its been down now for awhile. Their homepage has been stuck on this: :)

"The events of the last week have been troubling ones. Our original Open Letter on this home page was intended to inform the MSJ community, not create the "media frenzy" it has become. Therefore, we've removed the letter in the interest of quelling emotions and unnecessary attention. While there's no way we could have anticipated such attention, we've received tons of emails from regular junkies who have offered assistance, support and even sympathies for the situation. We appreciate this and, for you, we're working diligently to resolve everything so we can get MSJ back online as soon as possible. "

I just miss the site and was hoping somebody here could give a heads up on when it might return. :D

-P

I was wondering if anybody knows what is going on with MSJ?

There was 'AN OPEN LETTER TO THE MSJ COMMUNITY' from 'Madmax and Kuzelnik, Founders of MSJ' published on their site 09-09-2007 for a very limited time - 'we've removed the letter in the interest of quelling emotions and unnecessary attention' - which informs about some deep internal conflict among MSJ crew - 'some moderators think that it's unfair that they don't have a say in critical decisions' and somebody 'plot their dastardly plans' and even have planned to 'block MSJ from continuing being hosted at it's current home' and 'they were really directing and manipulating a lot of moderators at MSJ into a certain direction... away from the sense of community which MSJ is about'. 'We think that it's insane that threats have to come from within the community but hopefully this is a one-time event.'

'New moderators will fill their place at MSJ', 'we are working on a mod-crew that's dedicated to the community' - so I can suppose that probably for now they simply don't have enough loyal moderators for current daily site maintenance.

The full letter (with public comments) still can be found here:

http://www.fazyluckers.com/discussion/1719/childish/

More comments:

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/09/09/1846216.shtml

http://digg.com/apple/MSJ_writes_open_letter_to_community

It's very sad as many (maybe most) their valuable links on file-sharing sites will be lost soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys...

I'm getting worried. First was the sql error. Then it was a blank white page. Now I'm getting this:

HSphere:

Error 403: Forbidden

You don't have permissions to access this page. This usually means one of the following:

• this file and directory permissions make them unavailable from the Internet.
  • .htaccess contains instructions that prevent public access to this file or directory.

Please check file and directory permissions and .htaccess configuration if you are able to do this. Otherwise, request your webmaster to grant you access.

Do you think it's just system updating/changes whatnot? I don't know what to do!! Any news, suggestions? I miss the forum...

• 4 weeks later...

I do know what that type of action is, and yeah, usually it's the result of someone forgetting to re-register a domain & someone else snagging it. I was more curious if anyone knows what's going on with MSJ in particular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...