What's after X?

csturner

36 posts in this topic

I am just curious, is their any talk of what comes after OSx? Is this near future, distant future or just way out there? Or is there just more 10.x.xx in the future?

i dunno 10.9.1.3 doesnt rly have the cool tone that 10.4 or 10.5 do. :P:afro:

There will never be a world after X. Once Apple gets to 10.9999.9999, time will reset itself and we'll back in the era of cavemen before Apple ever existed.

I always had a feeling that would happen...

As long as we can keep out iPods, I am happy - every caveman need his 'tunes

There will never be a world after X. Once Apple gets to 10.9999.9999, time will reset itself and we'll back in the era of cavemen before Apple ever existed.

there will be something ... :thumbsup_anim:

maybe XI :(

~R

After the System 7.6, they developed Mac OS 8; after Mac OS 8.6 - Mac OS 9; after Mac OS 9.6 - Mac OS X. It is not much time until they will develop Mac OS X 10.6. We will see after.

Excuse my bad English.

Mac OS 9.6? I was under the impression that 9.2.2 was the last version of 9

^

correct! And 9.2.2 ended there because Apple badly needed a new OS, and so X was born.

But at the moment, and for the next [many] years, I think OS X will be simply the name of Apple's OS. Like 'Windows' is for Microsoft. Apple has their computers runnin 'Mac' OS X, and their iPhone/iPod touch/future mobile devices running OS X.

So OS X is their OS name... at least for the forseeable future, until the next HUGE thing.

XI doesn't sound as cool as X. Think about it (This depends whether you say the X as "ex" or 10):

Mac OS "ex" and Mac OS "ex aye" (ex sound cooler)

Mac OS "ten" and Mac OS "eleven" (even though ten doesn't sound cool in the first place, its better than eleven...dorky)

Just my 2 cents

OS XI will probably come around the year 2025. At WWDC 2005 Steve Jobs has said that Mac OS X has set Apple up for the next 20 years.

Hmm, well, if you think about it, that's not too bad. We have 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 still to come. That's the equivalent of one every 5 years. ;)