QE/CI not supported..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Hi,My specs are below in my signature. I am using an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB PCIe card with OS X and I have installed the Natit X1600 Drivers as well. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17". Apparently, according to OS X, Quartz Extreme and Core Image are not supported. Pic from System Profiler:

Attached File  Picture_1.jpg   89.16KB   19 downloads

//Why? I have already installed the Natit X1600 series drivers for my card. Without QE/CI, I can't do anyting (iMovie, etc.) Is there any patch or anything I have to load?

PLEEZ help.

Thanks in advance
pcwiz

EDIT: ]I just also tried enabling the QE/CI for my video card using this file in this post:
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=412418

EDIT: I also tried the Modbin patch. It screwed up OS X and I had to reinstall.

I am really not willing to flash the BIOS on my card. Isn't there a software based solution?

lord of the view

lord of the view

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
It worked for me. I did a bunch of things before I got it to work. So I'm not sure which one enabled the QE/CI. Which version of OSX are you using? Your signature lists two. Your video card's device number should be 71C6, right?

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Its the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4iR3 w/ Semthex 8.8.1 kernel. My video card device id is:

0x71c1

According to System Profiler. The card is an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB PCIe (PCI Express)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy