Bands you wish you wouldve known about years ago

cringemaster

24 posts in this topic

What are some bands, musical groups, etc. that you wish you wouldve known about or listened to more often or just genereally had a better interest in years ago?

For me, I recently discovered (over the summer) Radiohead and their OK Computer album. It is amazing. I always liked Karma Police on my original Now CD, but I never took the time to actually look at the sleeve to see who it was. I feel so gyped that I missed out on them. Well heres to being 9 years late, but never too late :D

BTW, if you want to really expand your musical horizons like I did, get last.fm for itunes (or coversutra) and start scrobbling songs to get an idea of what other bands you might like, regardless of how old they are.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm...the dismemberment plan...I've known about them for quite some time...but never got heavily into them, until after they had disbanded. shame.

Ladytron for sure.i discovered them a week after their show on Exit festival `05. ... :P ~R
you can't think of anything better than LADYTRON? -_- they're good, but they seriously lack staying power. It's ultimately vacuous music.You'll figure it out eventually, maybe, hopefully.

you can't think of anything better than LADYTRON? :D they're good, but they seriously lack staying power. It's ultimately vacuous music.You'll figure it out eventually, maybe, hopefully.

Because your opinion is the alpha and the omega. Nobody else may form their own opinions.

Because your opinion is the alpha and the omega. Nobody else may form their own opinions.

Right, well thought out reply.

While I do agree with you.... have you heard ladytron?

?

?

they only want you when you're seventeen, when you're twentyone, you're no fun.

it's great. ;)

ladytron is good band. no doubt about that.and nev6, if you don`t like them ,it`s your problem ... :( ~R
sure, no doubt they're good, but I can't see the appeal of having known about them years ago?I would assume a band that's no longer together, or vastly different, or revolutionary in some way... would be a more appropriate choice...no?
radio head, chilipeppers
it's kinda funny you made radiohead two words and chili peppers one... :blink:;)

• 1 month later...

hmm i wish i had started listening to the stones a lot more before, although i still do prefer the beatles..!

an awesome band is "the king blues", i only discovered them a few weeks ago, they're still 'up n coming' but have been around on the underground circuit for a few years now - definitely worth checking out if you're in the UK some time..!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...