WMP54GS V1.1

xicarusx

14 posts in this topic

Ok so I read about 40 threads about this PCI device, but none seem to help me. I added the line in the broadcom kext under IO80211.kext. I get as far as OS X thinking that its a ethernet card. Its listed in as Airport with the correct DEVID and all that jazz, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. Half of the OS thinks its an ethernet and the other half a wireless.

I edited networkpreferences.plist and made en0 changed to en1 and even tried en2. It just keeps switching it back to En0. I don't know what does this. Specs are as below......

Asus A8N-LA

RTL8201CL - Not Working, and disabled in BIOS

Titan NV40 Package from JAS 10.4.8 for my PCI-e Nvida card

I think this is an NFORCE4 chipset, but am not so sure.

WMP54GSv1.1 -PCI- 90% sure its a broadcom the internet doens't seem to be helping me figuring this out.

Im using that exact same card- i followed this

copy this .kext to System/Library/Extensions Download

then-edit NetworkInterfaces.plist , save and close then :

open a terminal and do these~

1) sudo -s

2) chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

3) chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

4) kextcache -k /system/library/extensions

Now reboot!!!

that should do it

bah, i followed this and things worked flawlessly, i tried itunes and it suggested updating. anyway there were other things it suggested updating. one thing was an airport extreme update. well stupid me i did the update. now my wireless doesnt work, any suggestions ? can i revert back ??? i tried this again and it aint workingoh also i should add under networks, its shows 2 airports now, i specifically remember it was only 1 before.

oh also i should add under networks, its shows 2 airports now, i specifically remember it was only 1 before.

What exactially is wrong? Does the kext not work? Are the permissions set? Do you see the "diamond" in the tray?

is the tray, the network indicator ?? no thats gone, under networks, i got 2 greyed out airports now, i dont know what you mean by permissions.

everything was working fine before i did the update, im assuming its incompatilbe with my drivers, or updated my drivers to something it shouldnt be. re ran the same instructions that got the wireless nic to work (the instructions mburns put up) and {censored} isnt working.

hmmm. well im new to all this myself actually...

I just installed tubgirl's 10.4.10 on another hard drive (yes now i have two installs), applied the kext and whatever, got wireless to work, downloaded and installed all the updates except the intel update .. So that installed the same yours should have, i re-applied the kext as before ~ ran the terminal commands, rebooted, then changed the "Networkpreferences.plist" stuff, ran the terminal commands again, rebooted, after that all i had to do was click the wireless tray icon open the settings and turn airport on, click apply, and then it showed my wireless network, connected to it and am using it now....

So now i have two installs on different drives both updated with working wireless....

Maybe try using linux live cd and find out what chip and address your card is (ex: mine is 14e4, bcm4308 i believe)..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered one of these cards myself, so id like to second that request for the file! and could you guys confirm that the card works just like an airport card in a mac ie the icon in the top menu etc... ive had enough with zydas usb dongles and dropped connections!

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Just ordered one of these cards myself, so id like to second that request for the file! and could you guys confirm that the card works just like an airport card in a mac ie the icon in the top menu etc... ive had enough with zydas usb dongles and dropped connections!

Thanks

this post has a file with that same file name as the one that has a broken link here. It's probably the same.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;mode=threaded