Kalyway Leopard Installer

onizuka

66 posts in this topic

Re: kalyway_osx86dvd_Leopard_9a527.iso.zip (4.02 Gb)

I'm getting a "corrupted file" message when trying to unpack the zipped .iso file, using WinRar 3.71.

Is an OSX environment required to avoid getting the error message?

Someone has reposted a torrent with the zip which can be opened on windows. i believe a little demon has it. :whistle:

Okay... I'm getting (VERY) frustrated.

For two weeks I've been downloading/burning ISOs and then trying to install Tiger and lately Leopard on my brand new Inspiron 1720.

Distros I've tried thus far:

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r2

kalyway 10.4.10

uphuck 10.4.9 v.14i r3

kalyway 10.5

The only distro that recognized my hard drives on SATA(AHCI) mode was uphuck r2. I was able to install the others only on ATA mode and it's not much fun enabling and disabling SATA each time I want to boot into Mac OS or Win XP.

I was hoping Tiger would solve that issue. I was wrong :)

My controller is an ICH8M so I'd like to try what someone has suggested before: get the driver from uphuck r2 and patch the Leopard image with it. Small problem: how do I do that? :D

Also... does anyone know whether Geforce 8600 GT (256 MB) is supported in this Leopard release?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
1) Boot in single user mode

1.1) Press F8 before grey screen with Apple and spinner

1.2) Use startup options –v –f –s –x

2) There should be some sort of command prompt, type "fsck -fy" (without quotes) => the disk repairs

3) Type "diskutil repairpermissions /" => permissions repair

4) reboot

Hi there,

I installed Leo last nite and everything went on fine during installation and post installation problem occured abt "Failure to load extensions com.apple.AppleAHCIPort" and I replaced my existing Tiger kext and passed thru that and had to remove natit to logon to leo.

Now another problem occured... when I tried to open Terminal... I get a PAM error and then [Process Completed] and can't do anything on the terminal.

So no drag and drop, so I followed the instructions about on the single user mode and I get an error when I tried to run diskutil command after "fsck -fy" command.

The error says "Unable to run because unable to use the DiskManagement Framework. Common reasons include, but are not limited to, the DiskArbitration framework being unavailable due to being booted in single-user Mode".

I tried to log on and thought of running Disk Utilities and error occured during repair permissions.

Is there a fix for this problem.... Btw I have an administration password set for my account.

thanks in advanced. :happymac:

P.S.,running on the triple boot on my Hcntsh 1 on my signature.

hi,

i installed kalyway 10.5 beta.

installation went fine, but when it boots it hangs...

i use the dvd to boot from because i dont have a bootloader yet,

the last lines i see:

Got Boot Device ...

BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 2

no special error message. anyone got any idea?

maybe because of the missing bootloader?

but when booting from the DVD it should boot eh????

HI guys im having a little problem with the ethernet at leopard. allthough the sytem is working great on my pc, im having a problem. Is there any way that i could edit the Speed of the duplex?

Whenever i configure the ethernet under manual and autoselect (Speed) , i am not able to choose the duplex. is there any way around this??? pls help me.

• 3 weeks later...
how much chance of success do i have installing this build in my machine if i am already running a hackintosh tiger???
As someone that blew off a solid Tiger for the ToH RC2 Leopard GM-based SL ISO, pretty darn good.The only issue I'm having with Leopard (which is the same issue I have generally with most releases of Tiger) is GPU support (ATI X1650 PRO, specifically the 71c1 variant of RV535 that has been sold by both ATI and VisionTek, under both brands; it's one of the few versions of the X1650 that fails at least with SSE2 CPUs due to kernel panics under Leopard).Networking, printer support, and access to my files in Windows Vista is at least as solid as it was with Tiger.If the graphics problem gets licked, OS X will be at least as usable as my Ubuntu partition (if not more usable, due to a larger application library).
how much chance of success do i have installing this build in my machine if i am already running a hackintosh tiger???
As someone that blew off a solid Tiger for the ToH RC2 Leopard GM-based SL ISO, pretty darn good.The only issue I'm having with Leopard (which is the same issue I have generally with most releases of Tiger) is GPU support (ATI X1650 PRO, specifically the 71c1 variant of RV535 that has been sold by both ATI and VisionTek, under both brands; it's one of the few versions of the X1650 that fails at least with SSE2 CPUs due to kernel panics under Leopard).Networking, printer support, and access to my files in Windows Vista is at least as solid as it was with Tiger.If the graphics problem gets licked, OS X will be at least as usable as my Ubuntu partition (if not more usable, due to a larger application library).

12mins left for downloading that distro... i'll try it on my acer travelmate 3012 with centrino core duo 2x 1667 mhz, 1gb ram, gma 950 and the {censored} 3945wireless card...

with uphucks 10.4.9 1.2v release i got gma fast wie qi & qe, bluetooth running but no sound and no lan or wlan :D

didn't have fun joking with the 10.4.9er - i 'll try it directyl with leo... studio-sound-pc with e6600, 2gb, badaxe2, 7900nvidia is running smooth with the 10.4.9 including wlan and lan.... won't touch that massive well running machine until i got my notebook working fine.

wish me luck this evening ;-) will post my successes later....

• 2 weeks later...

I have something similar, i also posted in another topic when someone mentioned this. Installation goes fine, until reboot. during boot the computer resets right before the grey apple screen with the logo pops up, does anyone have an idea what this is caused by? I've also tried booting the partition in VMware with the same result.

installed on a pentium D 805 (2.66GHz), on an Asus P5vd2-MX mobo with 2 GB's of ram and an ATI EAX300 (which is probably not the best configuration for leopard..). Except for not being able to change resolutions everything worked fine with 10.4.8. I used the Kalyway 10.5 9a527

I use this image because the d/l of the GM release is gonna take a while. and I'd like to try fiddling around with PC_EFI a little in the meanwhile (:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I installed Kalyway Leopard on my Dell Inspiron 9400 (core Duo processor w/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800). Install went fine. System boots apparently without any problems, but when I'm navigating around in Leopard the mouse freezes for a few seconds, then comes back to life, then freezes again on and off constantly. It feels like the system is getting hardware interrupts from something. Can someone help an OSX noob troubleshoot this issue?

• 6 months later...

I have tryed an tryed an tryed, but no luck. my pc Asus P5KC Intel 2Quad Q6600 - 4 gb ddr2 800 in dual channel - Sata raptor harddrives - graphic EN 8600 GT 512mb Nvidia- Soundblaster XFI. Jeg have tryed all posible settings in bios, jeg have tryed the most logical settings i install, an jeg have succes i installing the Kayway Leopard, but when i boot up, i get stuck, it frezzes during boot up, a thats it.

I am not good at programming, så if somone have a simpel solution you can save my day an week for that matter.- Thanks

Flemming Denmark

• 6 months later...

hi, im new in here and i wanted to know if kalyway would work im my pc with the following carateristics:

inter core duo 3.20ghz processor

512mb ddr2 533 ram

nvidia 6200 grafic board

realtek ac97 sound board

plaese reply to: miguellopesknd@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

• 1 year later...