Kalyway Leopard Installer

onizuka

66 posts in this topic

the natti driver seems not works correctly on my ASUS 7950GT 512m,i have edit the flash rom already.

after install,it cannot boot,shows 'you need you restart you computer,hold........."

Gigabyte 965P DQ6 v1.0

E6600

ASUS 7950GT 512M

3G RAM

Seagate 320GB SATA2 HD X3

Dell 2005FPW

I gave it a shot, but the Vaio Laptop I have refused to Boot it entirely, all I kept getting was an alternate Gray and Black screen as if the video driver wasn't working correctly, my system has a intel GMA950 listed , but uphucks release, wouldn't work unless I used the GMA900 Driver.

Strange how this release states the drivers are from UpHuck, but again, both GMA900 and 950 is a No Go on my system....

I decided to try this install again, this time I ignored putting any video driver for my laptop, to my amazement, it booted up, and displays 1280x800 for not having a native video driver, I also have No Sound, unless I use an external digital speaker via USB, my onboard wirless isn't working, but a usb wireless device via Ralink drivers contained on the DVD gives me access to wireless Internet, as a matter of fact, I am writing this message from the Sony Vaio running Leopard.

I also notice when I click on "About this Mac", the screen resets/refreshes(obviously because I don't have my video driver in place), but than again, this is a hacked BETA maybe with time, someone will come out with some drivers if/when another version to this one comes out.

link to my computer website at sony ---- http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNFE550G

picture1xo6.th.png

Just did some updates on this release, updates installed and didn't affect the system, am still booting without any problems. Still have No Native Sound and Wireless Ethernet, tried everything that can be found on the site, hope someone will help me out on these issues....

The only thing I had to select to get the install to work was the one for non hpet cpu's, don't recall exactly which package it was. Then after install the azalea audio, NIC worked out of the box because I had a PCI Realtek installed (the one on the motherboard isn't supported at all), and I didn't have to install any video driver, the onboard intel was completely supported natively.

Davejb

Q: on my Sony Laptop when I select "About This Mac", My display refreshes not showing any of the specs, do you happen to get the specs of your machine on your end; or is this a bug, since Leopard is beta ??

I gave it a shot, but the Vaio Laptop I have refused to Boot it entirely, all I kept getting was an alternate Gray and Black screen as if the video driver wasn't working correctly, my system has a intel GMA950 listed , but uphucks release, wouldn't work unless I used the GMA900 Driver.

Strange how this release states the drivers are from UpHuck, but again, both GMA900 and 950 is a No Go on my system....

Hey I had the same problem as you!!

In tiger the 950 driver wouldn't work for mij 945 display card, and the 900 works perfect. Video playback and all is working great.

But in leopard setup I made the same choices for drivers, but the screen flickered black / grey.

So I reinstalled, but this time with 950 driver and no 900 !... it booted up to the welcome video, this showed great.

Then into the gui, everything works. but sometimes de dvd playback wont start, haven't watched a video yet but I think it will stutter... don't know why , but the drivers are not working correctly... also the animation of the dock is not as smooth as in tiger with the 900 drivers.

alt/ctrl - escape doesn't show me the mediaplayer like gui anymore.. it just goes to a black screen.

Besides that almost everything works but my internal wifi (also not in tiger).

I have been screwing around a little with the drivers, and still no luck.... Hope some good 950 drivers come out real soon...

Also in the installation, the 900 drivers are 12megabytes, and the 950 only 600kbytes or so... why is this big difference?

Looks like the 950 cards only got some pointing in the good direction for the os in the drivers? to bad! tigers runs very well.. ah well leopard still beta so probably have to wait for goed drivers releases as the problems start flowing when more and more users wil install this x86 version:)

And if you found a solution, please share it with me... I'll keep you posted on my work also!

Cheers:)

Ps: Also my cpu only get's recognized as a 800mhz core duo... in tiger also but speedstep reports it as a 1729mhz.. weird!

EDIT:

My dvd playback worked for a little while when i installed the 900 drivers also in leopard itself. but after reboot, it won't boot anymore cause of 2 video drivers both installed.

So maybe a mix of both can work ? also quartz extreme is unsupported with these 950 drivers.

is there anybody that maybe has a working driver compilation ? Sure do hope so.... ;)

Hi everybody,

I´ve tryed several times to install kalyways 10.5 9a527, everything went fine, but: it doesen´t start! It boots and then it stops with a "no parking" symbol on the grey apple :-( I´ve also tryed to make an upgrade from uphuck´s 1.4r3 and the installer said at least...."your installation went wrong"....or something...??My system: badaxe2, corsair 2x1gb, e6600, nvidia 7900gs; all settings almost default, no oc, hpt enabled.Does anybody experienced something similar? Is the install dvd corrupt? I´ve downloaded it 2x

any help is apreciated, apoo

Hello! I've a very big problem with my notebook ACER TravelMate 6292 (santa rosa platform).

I've updated my bios to the last version that enable the selection of AHCI-IDEmode but the problem persist:

When I try to install the KalyWay distro, it doesn't recognize my sata hard disk. I' try befor with the AHCI option enabled, after with the IDE-mode enabled but the result doesn't change...

The all other 'distro' of tiger, from JAS 10.4.8 to Kalyway 10.4.10, recognize my disk and install correct in ahci mode!!!

I want try leopard becouse with tiger my network card, my webcam ecc ecc doesn't function... I hope yes in Leopard.

Can someone help me??? :'(

Hello! I've a very big problem with my notebook ACER TravelMate 6292 (santa rosa platform).

I've updated my bios to the last version that enable the selection of AHCI-IDEmode but the problem persist:

When I try to install the KalyWay distro, it doesn't recognize my sata hard disk. I' try befor with the AHCI option enabled, after with the IDE-mode enabled but the result doesn't change...

The all other 'distro' of tiger, from JAS 10.4.8 to Kalyway 10.4.10, recognize my disk and install correct in ahci mode!!!

I want try leopard becouse with tiger my network card, my webcam ecc ecc doesn't function... I hope yes in Leopard.

Can someone help me??? :'(

Condor,

Did you ever find a solution? Would love to give this a shot on my Dell 630, but having the same issue where it does not see the hard drive. Have tried both AHCI and ATA mode.