another mac hater site

cringemaster

24 posts in this topic

hecker.. look at http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=faq

More specifically,

What do you do for a living? What languages do you program in?

I'm a programmer for a telemarketing company. I work anywhere from 40-60 hours per week (hence my delayed graduation). I write with Informix 4GL/SQL, Perl (CGI), C, C++, Unix shell (korn, bourne, bash), sed/awk, Java, PHP.

I would venture to guess he has a slight idea of what's happening technologically.

...Not trying to be an ass or anything, I just feel I owe it to Maddox as hes been making me laugh for almost ten years :(

I would venture to guess he has a slight idea of what's happening technologically.
I don't mean to be an ass either, but c'mon, any kid in high school can program Java, PHP and knows how to use the unix shell. That is what you learn during your first year in any science career in the university. He is what we usually refer to as "a script boy".

There is a major difference between knowing how to program and having a deep understanding about computer sciences or anything hardware or OS related. Either that or I have studied six years in vain, my friend.

hecker

PS: If he really knew what he was talking about, then he wouldn't blather such garbage on his site.

Likely age: 16

Job: loser

the fella's been around for ten years, so i doubt it.

As proven especially by that "{censored}" video, which denotes a total lack of arguments and possibly a {censored} person in denial.
it's "Maddox", if you don't like it, or can't take it with a pinch of salt, then i suggest you unplug your modem now.

{censored} me, i can't believe anyone any one is taking it serious. maybe he's got a point :P

{censored} me, i can't believe anyone any one is taking it serious. maybe he's got a point
You're right. I guess the guy just wanted to make us laugh a little in his special way. You know, like carrot top would. :P

I did find the {censored} video really hilarious, though. I love the way the mac guy moans at the end.

Cheers,

hecker

PS: Wow, I kinda feel like an idiot for not realizing that Maddox is the guy that made "The best page in the World" website. I remember stumbling upon that site about 5 years ago but then forgot all about it. :P

My rage slowly subsides...

hecker

OMG I just read his bit on stock corporate ad photos. I just laughed my ass of for about 10 minutes straight ! :P

This is my favourite quote:

"The amount of forced enthusiasm you have for a commercial product is directly proportional to how big of an {censored} you are."

Hell, that's it....It's my new sig :P

I'm The Center of the Universe.

I'm better than everyone. I kick ass at everything. The other day, someone cut me off on the freeway, so I sped up beside him and I rammed him off the road. Nobody is as good as I am.

Some people think I'm conceited. Oh well.

All my friends think I'm better than they are. Sometimes my friends ask "so how come you rule so much?"

One time I decided to play basketball, but I suck at basketball so I lost. Just kidding, I kicked everyone's ass because I'm the best.

I own everyone at everything. There's no use in trying to be as good as me because it's impossible. There aren't enough words to describe how good I am.

THE UNIVERSE REVOLVES AROUND ME.

I AM KING. Everyone wishes they were me. EVERYONE.

If I weren't me, I'd wish I was.

I love me.

421,605 people aren't as good as me.

That's pretty pathetic.

At first I thought this guy was a complete idiot, but I wanted to make an informed response so I read on... now I don't know what to think... He CAN'T be serious... can he? If taken as totaly "tongue-in-cheek" it's actually quite funny. If he is serious he's still funny (but obviously the laughter is AT him)

OMG I just read his bit on stock corporate ad photos. I just laughed my ass of for about 10 minutes straight ! ;)

This is my favourite quote:

Hell, that's it....It's my new sig ;)

I know! Thats the best article on the entire site imo.

I was searching for {censored} telecom companies the other day and Qwest came up as the first result (the 2nd through 6th results linked to Verizon). So I clicked the top link and saw this:

...Finally," I thought to myself, "a site that sells chubby black women." Unfortunately, after hours of searching there were no black women to be found; only DSL and local phone service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bahaha....look at the bottom of the statistics page.

Apparently we've referred over a 160 people to his site. :)

And remember, Maddox = satire. Satire can be humourous, and a way to poke fun at topics others would normally take seriously. So no need to take anything he says personally. ;)