XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

blackchungo,after i install the bulid,i found it can not mount any dmg files,is that a bug or i did something wrong?

and i found my Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller cannot recognized :censored2:

I've seen the dmg problem when the System.kext didn't match the kernel.

Look at the versions in all the files and if they say 8.10.1 and you have the 8.10.3 kernel then that is your problem.

How I fixed this was change all the 8.10.1 to 8.10.3. There's a lot of files within the System.kext which need to change.

This also might be why your ethernet controller wasn't found. I found several kext's not loading because the System.kext wasn't correct.

Thanks

-Greg

Thanks for your reply :afro:

Do you mean I need to edit System.kext,and change all the 8.10.1 to 8.10.3? Then which kernel should I choose when I install the system? ;-)

Do a uname -a in a terminal and see what kernel you are using.

If this number doesn't match what is in the system.kext then dmg's won't mount.

Thanks

-Greg

The kernel 8.10.3 does not include the roboot fix and does not support hpet nor AMD cpus. This is inherent to the kernel itself since it has not been patched (and probably it would never be). If you want the reboot to work you have to install other kernel pack.

The kernel 8.10.3 does not include the roboot fix and does not support hpet nor AMD cpus. This is inherent to the kernel itself since it has not been patched (and probably it would never be). If you want the reboot to work you have to install other kernel pack.

when i choose 8.9 kernel,i can't mount any dmg files,and yukon controller cannot install either :D

Am downloading this in the hope I will finally be able to boot and install the DVD on my Asus P5B motherboard, rather than trying to use vmware to native etc.

Uphuck 1.4i R2 and R2 DVD's both don't boot on this motherboard because of jmicron. If anybody with P965/ICH8/Asus P5B motherboard has downloaded this and can boot the DVD please post your success.

Does the guide have recommended patches for particular systems, for instance Asus P5B and Intel p965/ICH8/8R have been giving a lot of problems to boot and install, for somebody not so clued in it will be a great help if one there is a guide to select which patches to use. Is there any way to find out which kernel and patches to use if you have Asus P5B.

Also there are 2 x1950 drivers, which one does one choose? Thanks.

Am downloading this in the hope I will finally be able to boot and install the DVD on my Asus P5B motherboard, rather than trying to use vmware to native etc. Uphuck 1.4i R2 and R2 DVD's both don't boot on this motherboard because of jmicron. If anybody with P965/ICH8/Asus P5B motherboard has downloaded this and can boot the DVD please post your success.Does the guide have recommended patches for particular systems, for instance Asus P5B and Intel p965/ICH8/8R have been giving a lot of problems to boot and install, for somebody not so clued in it will be a great help if one there is a guide to select which patches to use. Is there any way to find out which kernel and patches to use if you have Asus P5B.Also there are 2 x1950 drivers, which one does one choose? Thanks.
Raul, Im currently building a 2nd hackintosh with your mobo asus p5b-deluxe, and i used jas 10.4.8 with external dvd via usb, and set the bios to jmircon disabled and sata as achi. Booted up and runs smoothly, installed the ich8 package and switched back to ide. Give that a try...I'm going to install this on the asus p5b-deluxe and let you know how i do with the results!Has anyone tried our motherboard/combo yet?
Does this work with SATA at all? 10.4.9 recognized my HD but I couldn't format it to the right partition type to install. 3 days of trying I'm going insane here! I have a Compaq F572US laptop.
what are your bios settings configured as? when disk utility doesnt see a hd it usually means you are in ide and should be achi..

Hey Sensimeon, I actually installed using Uphuck 1.4iR2 using the vmware to native method. My bios settings are not AHCI because I didn't install XP with AHCI and now if I change XP will not boot.

Also my motherboard is P5B Vanilla not deluxe so my chipset is ICH8 which does not support AHCI natively on XP (there is a hack floating around though), ICH8R does.

My bios settings are SATA as Enhanced IDE and Jmicron as IDE. APIC ACPI is enabled and ACPI 2.0 is disabled. Uphuck's DVD does not boot on this, however after the Vmware to native install on my 2nd hard drive (external sata usb drive temporarily converted to internal sata drive for OSX install) OSX boots ok on my system and even boots if I connect the drive as an external USB.

Its just that I would prefer a DVD that boots instead of using the warped vmware method, though for whoever discovered it, it is ingenious.