XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

Blackchungo,i think there still has a problem with this bulid:when i after installed Autodesk MAYA 2008,it cannot registed,the liscence dat file works in windows and linux,it seems has a fixed IONetworking file included in uphuck1.4

You could try the included CS3 patch. Is actually a patched IONetworking.... I didnt test it with maya though

I tried this release this weekend and for the most part very good! I just could not get my video card to work (Sapphire X1950XT 512Mb) and the jccool link to the 10.4.10 patch for it is down. :( To bad was looking forward to trying it out.

Blackchungo:

Since the Leoapard is now the most talk about system in all the forums, i would like to think that this is last episode of your release then.

as far as free space in your release is concern, there is no space available to add more updates via PPF.

am i right?

thanks

Well I managed to integrate the dictionary fix and a few more drivers (PPF3-final), and still theres around 20MB left for something else...maybe for a 8.10.1 SSE2 kernel.

about leo I already made a custom ISO for my systems, but I would think in relase something when it comes to 10.5.3/4... besides right now Im very busy...

Blackchungo:

One last thing... i think this will play a big role in your PPF3-Final.

Why not insert/include the PC_EFI. It would be great if it has that features. Coz, most people are having a hard time or issue installing manually from thier system. And it would be easy to upgrade it to Tiger 10.4.11

Great idea huh!!

Thanks!

Hi All....I have not had any luck with any of the instal discs beyond Jas 10.4.8

I tried Uphuck's 1.4i and had no luck at all.....installed then it gave me the com.apple.plist error on reboot.

This one did the same thing untill I tried the Master Boot Record option in partitioning....I did not partition....just used the MBR option in it.

Anyhow it now boots....but I cannot get networking to work. Jas 10.4.8 just worked!

Any ideas on what to try with the ethernet controller?

Lastly, I am having trouble with the sound.....I am able to make output work, but i was hoping that the onboard ALC 883 6 channel audio would work. I tried the Skippy Retard ALC installer in the drivers section.....and had no luck. Installing Azalea gives me sound out. The SkippyRetard HD ALC 883 HD drivers do nothing.

Otherwise this is a great installer! Thanks to whoever made the disc!

I run Windows XP off of an external HD when needed.

My Hackintosh:

E4500 2.2GHz Core2Duo

ECS 945GZT-M Motherboard (GMA950 Video/ALC883 6-Channel HD Audio/RTL8100C 10/100 NIC Card)

1GB DDR2 RAM

160GB IDE HD

Smoke Eater,

If you still have access to the JaS 10.4.8 install then try using that IONetworkingFamily.kext, I believe it is version 1.5.0. As for sound have you tried the ALC882 AppleHDA v0.4b.mpkg? That got everything working for me.

Let me know if you need additional information or help.

Good Luck!

I was able to do a success upgrade to 10.4.11.

the kext i replaced was only AppleSMBios.kext & AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

do i still need to replace the other kext which are: AppleAPIC.kext - IOATAFamily.kext - System.kext & loginwindow.app ?

it seems that replacing only 2 files works..

my only problem is, it crashes in "About Mac".. how can i fix this?

thanks!

OK be gentle with me. I'm very new to this OSx thing but love it so far. I too have a problem loading and dmg's. I read here where there is likely some kernel mis-match. I need some instructions on a few things.

1. How do I find out if I have a mis match system kernel?
  2. How do I fix it?
  3. Where do I find all these kernals?

I don't even know if I asked the question right, but I think you get the idea. I'm not too familar with unix/linux at all so examples of what to type and where would be helpful. I hope someone has time to help me. :)

Hi there,

I successfully installed this release on my computer (Intel P4, 1GB RAM, FX5200) so I was trying to install this version of Tiger on my notebook as well. But setup won't start at all. It just restarts at the point when it says " loading file from Systems/library/extensions.mkext from 4230450". Since I'm kind of new to OSx86 I think I need some help on that.

These are the specs of my Notebook (Acer Apsire 1300):

CPU: AMD Athlon XP Mobile (1,6 GHz)

RAM: 512 MB

Graphics: S3 twisterK

I just want to give it a try, even if I can't work with Tiger on this notebook.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the latest security update (v2 - the original installed fine), on my GUID XxX 10.4.11 MBR EFI v8 install, and it caused a kernel panic on boot.

Instead of deciphering the core reason, I just re-installed the XxX 10.4.11 with all my options and it booted fine again, all applications, etc.. still working.

No big deal.. wonder what it was, though...

-Dan

PS: Yeah, a Leopard disc would rock!

• 8 months later...