Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

I tried the same. It appears that we're broken if we want to run office. I'm wondering if Kalyway optimized the dvd to not include older components. At least I saw a hint that maybe we're missing some files for rosetta from the release which might be causing the problem.

It's a nice install, but if this doesn't get fixed, I'm looking for alternatives since I really need office.

Thanks

-Greg

Uphuck's latest for intel, v1.4iR3 works great with Office and other Rosetta dependent software. He had removed Rosetta in v1.4i and only partially repaired it in Rev.2. Revision 3 works great. Kalyway's installer really is a terrific version and after I got familiar with some of the stuff he had pre-installed (though I'd really prefer the option to install extras myself), I really enjoyed it. It's just that he apparantly went the route of eliminating Rosetta (or borrowing material from uphucks first 2 v1.4's) and I too would like the option to use MS Office outside of Parallels. But the real kicker for me is Eudora. I've been using that for over 10 years and my address book is just too big to re-copy manually. I've found an easy way to transfer all my Eudora address files from Windows to my Mac Pro and it works for my hack too.

I finally got rosetta to work (at least for office).

What I did was copy the /System/Library/CFMSupport (the whole directory) from a 10.4.10 system I confirmed office worked and replace it with the one on this install.

Oh, don't forget to repair permissions too...

Everything seems to be working.

I'll tinker around some more and see if there are other issues, but office seems to be working.

Thanks

-Greg

What I did was copy the /System/Library/CFMSupport (the whole directory) from a 10.4.10 system I confirmed office worked and replace it with the one on this install.

I'll tinker around some more and see if there are other issues, but office seems to be working.

Thanks

-Greg

Hi Greg, Thanks for the tip. Your temporary fix seems to work for both MS Office and Eudora. MS Office took the update from Microsoft and still works. I had already erased that spare drive and was using it to play around with Kalyway's Leopard installer, but decided to give it one more try because this 10.4.10 installer of his is really a good one overall.

Now if only I can figure out this keychain thing. I've copied all the preferences from a working setup and it still doesn't work. When I access a network drive and put in the network password, the keychain request comes up. I just click okay and all is fine. But the next time I try to access that same network drive, the keychain window pops up again. This repeats each time I restart the system.

If Kalyway came out with another version update of this and fixed those 2 things, it would be a winner.

Thanks to Colby in another thread for solving the keychain problem. It's just a matter of deleting the login.keychains file in /user/"username"/library/keychain. It will create another file upon reboot and all will be okay. Thanks again.

antic my dvd is made for clean install ! i haven't test it with upgrade ! so it's maybe the reason why your gma don't work ! perhaps something

go wrong during upgrade !

I've found kalyway_Leopard_DVD_intelSSE3_9a527

is this the topic dvd?

thanks

Thanks

-Greg

Think Kalyway /developers have to have a look at this.

Replacing CFMSuport not only solved Office and Spyder2 installation probems it solved CS3 stuff install trouble also probably.

I say probably because i've not tested to instal CS3 before replacing CFMSuport.

I did a clean install and did NOT installed CS3 fix then installed full Adobe CS3 very fast.

Would be great if sameone try to instal kalyway 10.4.10 without cs3 fix and before replacing CFMSuport try to install Adobe CS3 leting us know if succed.

:)

carlos

For me the Jas 10.4.8 release is the most stable, most 'close to Mac' experience both on my P4P800Deluxe SSE3 3.4Ghz Nvidia 6600GT desktop as on my Acer Laptop. I have tried the others but found them to have Rosetta or Java issues.

Upto now nothing beats Jas when it comes to PPC and Java compatibility on the intel platform, I run iWorks06 from my Intel Mac on the Acer-Hack without any problems. Of course a lot of the fresh-non-mac-hack users probably don't have any legacy PPC applications but I as a G4 and macmini user do have quite a few PPC programs that I still use with Rosetta despite the fact that they run slower.

Alas the Acer only has a sse2 pentiumM and there still is no 10.4.10 Jas-like DVD out there.

I love this distribution, but I have 2 problems with applications.

1. Windows Messenger 6.03 does not work. Can`t log on (it worked in uphuck 10.4.9i 1.4r3)

2. iTunes 7.4.1 does not allow me to log on to iTunes Store anymore. Got an error 0x80011109 when trying to log on.

Anyone else having this problem ?

1. Windows Messenger 6.03 does not work. Can`t log on (it worked in uphuck 10.4.9i 1.4r3)

2. iTunes 7.4.1 does not allow me to log on to iTunes Store anymore. Got an error 0x80011109 when trying to log on.

Did you apply the two fixes:

1. Copy CarbonLib from a healthy 10.4.10 (someone did the same from a 10.4.9 install if you don't have 10.4.10 available).

2. remove the keychain per Colby's instructions?

Both those issues appear to be caused by the two problems. I don't use Windows Messenger, but all the other office apps are working for me.

Thanks

-Greg

Did you apply the two fixes:

1. Copy CarbonLib from a healthy 10.4.10 (someone did the same from a 10.4.9 install if you don't have 10.4.10 available).

2. remove the keychain per Colby's instructions?

Both those issues appear to be caused by the two problems. I don't use Windows Messenger, but all the other office apps are working for me.

Thanks

-Greg

Yes, I have applied those fixes but it does not help. I can live without Windows Messenger, but not being denied to log on to the iTunes Store.

In uphuck 10.4.9i 1.4r3 it all works.

Can anyone verifiy that they are able to log on to iTunes store, please?

/heikland

I tried the Kalyway DVD. Installation was successful but when I booted up in Verbose, it loaded the extensions (Loading...Extensions.mkext, etc.) and then the computer just reboots. I figured out that it was a problem with the 8.10.3 kernel.

Hej,

i´d try out this distro 4 times ( on S-ATA II HDD, and on 2 different Samsung P-ATA HDDs )

It installs flawlessly, but on first boot i got an " Shut down and reboot message "

No way, i tried out different kernels and everything is the same.

My System: Asrock Conroe 1333, P4 Mod.511, 1GB DDDR II Elixir, Geforce 7300 LE with 256 MB Ram. With Uphuck 1.4 everthing works fine, where is the mistake ???

I want to upgrade to 10.4.10 and nothing works.

sincerly Amanoth

Tried this on my ASRock ConRoe DVI board. Generally worked well. Very snappy.

However, wake from sleep (display) used to work with Natit 1.0 and JaS 10.4.8 It wakes with Kalyway (makes all the sounds, wakes up the iSight Camera) , but the display doesn't wake up with my ASUS 7300GT Silent.

Thanks for all the hard work, Kaly.

I install this version and some problem:

1.Synergy can't start(Both synergys & synergyc),by doing some reserch,I found the answer:replace /system/library/coreservices/charactersets/"CFCharacterSetBitmaps.bitmap" & "CFUnicodeData-L.mapping" from a 10.4.9(uphuk v1.3) which synergy is working,repair prermissions by Diskutility.Than synergy works again.

2.realplayer(the newest version) can't play normal.....when I open some rm files,system looks dead,All windows can't be move....I don't know why,hope someone can help me.

BTW:when copy uphuck V1.3 /System/Library/CFMSupport/ to my 10.4.10 and repair prermissions by Diskutility(thanks swag01),Office 2004 works,and Adobe CS3 don't need patch AppleSMBIOS.kext anymore.

sorry about my english.

EDIT: Sorry,I fix it by my self:),it's a HD2600 Driver problem(no kalway 10.4.10 Problem),see here for the detail: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread...48711#post48711 ( # 40)

I tried the Kalyway DVD. Installation was successful but when I booted up in Verbose, it loaded the extensions (Loading...Extensions.mkext, etc.) and then the computer just reboots. I figured out that it was a problem with the 8.10.3 kernel.

Same here, it reboots forever and ever just before showing the apple. I've exchanged the included mach_kernel with the 8.8.1 one an it works, but then some bugs appear like the one that doens't allow you to install dmg's anymore. Would like to know why 8.10.3 isn't working on my system.

Personally, i dont see why everyone thinks rosetta has been removed. there is no gain in removing it (and im sure you cant even remove the rosetta binaries without {censored} up your system)

I dont use any of these new dvd's as it is my opinion that they are all sh it (especially uphuck, i mean, modifying the About This Mac window to show disk versions is just plain lame). It is much easier imo to install clean 10.4.4 then do a nice update to 10.4.x or whatever version i feel like running.

I am having the exact same problem with iTunes, although the error is 11333 when I try to authorize my computer. It worked just fine in 10.4.9, but now it doesn't work. I also have a problem where some settings don't get saved (like keyboard preferences) occasionally and have to be reconfigured every couple restarts. I have deleted all the keychains so the system would recreate them, but I'm not sure what else to try.

I have same problem.....try to delete all messenger setting...and still same.

BTW,it's not just Microsoft Messenger & iTunes,Every connection use SSL have the same problem,for exemple:visit Gmail by Safari.

My hackintosh use Intel 82573 Giga Ethernet,try every IONetworkingFamily.kext and still can't fix this problem.

I have no idea now....hope some one can help me