Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.4.10 on my SiS 661GX chipset Celeron D (Acer SA-80).

I needed to install it separately onto its own Hard Disk on another compatible machine (Dell Optiplex GX260) and then transfer over after patching everything necessary. I got Azalea sound working (stereo), GeForce 7600GT working with Natit Dual 0.2. GL/CI/QE/QE2D all working. SATA working and good transfer rates witnessed. Multi-Card reader not tested (I never use it anyway). Integrated SiS900 NIC not working - tested with Intel Gigabit PCI card, worked beautifully at 100BaseT speeds. I could not boot with USB enabled (KB & Mouse both PS/2), so this is where my testing ended. There was a patch listed to delete OHCI from IOUSBFamily.kext, but didn't get to try this.

Unfortunately, I applied the SSE2 patches, which I fear were still in effect on the Acer (SSE3). This seems to have made it a bit jumpy and less responsive. Also, I need access to the CD/DVD burner, so I am on the lookout for a SATA burner. I'm sure they make them now, just never seen them.

Is there an easy way (without screwing installed apps etc.) of reverting from an SSE2 install with patches and decrypts, to an SSE3 install???

This would be very handy for me to know.

PS. Chain0 multiboot works, but is a bit flakey on the Acer.

• 2 weeks later...

need help pls. used to have osx86 tiger & leopard but when i upgraded my system to core2duo & intel board, i can no longer install kalyway's 10.4.10. the installer can't detect any of my two hdds (sata & pata). pls. advise.

+ + +

nobody was able to provide advice but i need not worry about this problem anymore. already got leopard.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

I am using the Kalyway 10.4.10 release since more than a month now. Everything works great except for two things:

1. When connecting a USB HDD, my photo camera or a webcam (as probably any other USB device), the USB device is not detected. It is quite strange that I am using a USB Keyboard & Mouse and those work without a problem. I had successfully connected the web-cam as well but only if I restart the system while the web-cam is connected. (If I remove and re-plug it while the system is running, it is not detected again until I restart).

2. I would like to watch movies on my TV which is connected to the TV Out of the video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6200), however, I can not figure out how to configure the display settings for this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gep.

I installed this on an extra drive i had but now i want to install it on my real hdd so i went ahead and created a 30gb partition but when i go to install tiger i use the disk utility to format the partition to hfs+ but it tells me its going to erase my other partitions as well. How do i go about formatting that partition without killing everything else on my drive?

@Gep:

I have a geforce 6200 as well. As soon as i get this installed i try and figure it out.

I installed this on an extra drive i had but now i want to install it on my real hdd so i went ahead and created a 30gb partition but when i go to install tiger i use the disk utility to format the partition to hfs+ but it tells me its going to erase my other partitions as well. How do i go about formatting that partition without killing everything else on my drive?

@Gep:

I have a geforce 6200 as well. As soon as i get this installed i try and figure it out.

Hi,

Now that you mentioned, I think I had the same message regarding the erasing of all other partitions... I didn't risk it, instead I used some Linux & JAS install disks to correct the issue, however I can not remember the exact path I followed.... Sorry I can't help more.

It looks like not a lot of people still reply this topic... Let me know if you find anything related to my questions.

Thanks & good luck,

Gep

got an eVGA nforce 650i mobo and i can't for the life of me get my hard drive to show up with this install dvd. although its the first install DVD of any sort i've gotten to actually get to that point. it's a standard IDE hard drive, and the DVD-RW drive shows up naturally in disk utility - but no HD. any ideas? i'm gonna pop my case open and see if i can find the IDE chip, maybe searching the manufacturer will help me out. but i'd imagine if it were the IDE chipset the dvd wouldn't even show up in disk utility let alone boot right?

this is giving me a headache. this is installer #4 or 5 i've tried, others being 10.5 leopard dvds. help!

got an eVGA nforce 650i mobo and i can't for the life of me get my hard drive to show up with this install dvd. although its the first install DVD of any sort i've gotten to actually get to that point. it's a standard IDE hard drive, and the DVD-RW drive shows up naturally in disk utility - but no HD. any ideas? i'm gonna pop my case open and see if i can find the IDE chip, maybe searching the manufacturer will help me out. but i'd imagine if it were the IDE chipset the dvd wouldn't even show up in disk utility let alone boot right?

this is giving me a headache. this is installer #4 or 5 i've tried, others being 10.5 leopard dvds. help!

I'm not sure if looking inside the case would help but looking at the BIOS settings in the IDE area might. I don't know what you should look for, I'm pretty new myself to the subject but I guess you'll now it when you see it...

Sorry I can't help more. Anyway ... keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck,

Gep.

First off, it's the first version of any OSx86 that I've downloaded that is actually booting (tried JaS 10.4.8, JaS with fixes, uphuck 10.9 all failed to boot even with the current HDD set as MBR). However, my main problem is that I don't see anything, seems like the OS X doesn't recognize my 8800GTX... Is there an option that I should/shouldn't have used in the install?

Thanks!

yeah i just tried the mac.nub 10.4.10 dvd, and it booted fine just like the Kalyway one did but it still doesn't detect my hard drive. i get the feeling that this is because my HD is the Slave, and the DVD-RW is the Master. and whuddya know, my board only has 1 IDE jack so the only way to see if that's the problem is to get a SATA dvd-rw and i don't have the cash to spare. im gonna try seeing if i can get another dvdrom to post as slave, this one won't post when i hook it up as slave and the HD as master. HD shows up, no dvdrw.

• 2 weeks later...

By far the best Install I've tried. Most work with some kinks but this one is virtually flawless. Everything works perfectly except the carbonlib problem. Been using daily for almost a month. Thanks

Pentium D 830

D945GNT

USB Audio

nvidia 7300gs

First off, it's the first version of any OSx86 that I've downloaded that is actually booting (tried JaS 10.4.8, JaS with fixes, uphuck 10.9 all failed to boot even with the current HDD set as MBR). However, my main problem is that I don't see anything, seems like the OS X doesn't recognize my 8800GTX... Is there an option that I should/shouldn't have used in the install?

Thanks!

This was also my first verision to actually boot, but I am having the same problem. I have a Dimension 4400 with nVidia GeForce MX 2 (4xAGP) The boot says detected, 4x, cross your fingers, then BAM! screen goes out (I get some squashed image at the bottom of the screen). Music plays, so something must be starting up, but thats all I get. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Kalyway's installation disk is the best I've seen so far for my Bad Axe 2 system. As long as I'm using USB sound, nothing else seems to be needed. One thing that I haven't seen before shows up in System Profiler. Under graphics it shows CI as "hardware accelerated" instead of simply "supported" as it says for QE. All CS3 software works fine, haven't had a chance to try FCS2 yet. Will try later this afternoon. Any ideas about what "hardware accelerated" means?

Dear Kalyway,

i'm newbie on this, i'm trying to install os x 86 to my laptop, but always failed.

i'm using 10.4.8, when i boot from that dvd, then it ask to press enter, then it goes to black screen with white text (like dos), but after that it goes to restart again, and again...

can someone help me??

btw my laptop is Asus A8e, Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo T7500, Harddisk 120GB SATA, memory 2Gb.

Thx,

Handi

• 3 weeks later...
hi ! new package fixes for safari keychain and rosetta ! and this one work for sure !! i have discover an error in the last! kalyway_10.4.10_safari_rosetta_fixes_V2.pkg.zip :( hi riaz i made this DVD installer for clean install! but some people have report sucess upgrate from uphuck 1.4 r3 ! so try at your own risk !!

The link is down, can anoyne re-upload this file so I can fix my problem?

• 5 months later...