[Development]-Broadcom 4311 Fix

Achilleus

348 posts in this topic

dang it, I want the ORIGINAL TO WORK! kext or no kext, it will WORK!

I simply cant belive its JUST this kind of laptop. It is a MAJOR hold back for me on OS X

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just want wifi...................... is that too much ask from my laptop and OS X?

maybe its a punishment from the OS X gods...... :P

I have compaq c500 it work perfect all natively no wireless.

I want to resolve this problem, I tried all over the web and

the only solutions are changing wi-fi card and then hack the

BIOS.

I have insulted the hp because I can not change wi-fi card with that I want but i can put only hp card.

Someone has already done a bios without whitelist that can give me?

and someone has already changed card and everything worked? if that brand?

Thanks.

i have a C555nr laptop and did the dell1390 wifi card with sprom hack, and sorry to say bud its not a wireless card problem. its a pci-express issue. so dont waste your money on a new wifi card. all in allthough hacking the sprom isnt all that hard there is a writeup on these forums about how to do it.

i think alot of us with problems can only wait for snow leopard to come out and hopefully it work then

on a side note i wouldnt be complaining about HP not allowing anything other then HP products. when your trying to load a operating system that is by far more notorious about only allowing apple hardware in their computers. ha!

COMPAQ PRESARIO C500

I have imagined that the problem was the mini-pci , because 4311 is

supported by mac osx, I hope that chun-nan solve the problem.

Under Windows i see this

ID-Hardware 14e4 subsys 1364103c rev 01

BCM43XX

GUID 4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE-10318

BUS PCI 6 Disp 0 Func 0

N°BUS 00000006

VER 4.102.15.56

Under Mac i see:

ioreg -l

| | | +-o PXS3@0 <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 8>

| | | {

| | | "IOPCIResourced" = Yes

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0","IOPCIMessagedInterruptController")

| | | "IOName" = "pci14e4,4311"

| | | "subsystem-id" = <64130000>

| | | "IOPCIExpressLinkCapabilities" = 222225

| | | "class-code" = <00800200>

| | | "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=2}

| | | "revision-id" = <01000000>

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1200000007000000>,<0500000000000100>)

| | | "assigned-addresses" = <1000018200000000000000d00000000000400000>

| | | "IOChildIndex" = 1

| | | "built-in" = <00>

| | | "device-id" = <11430000>

| | | "vendor-id" = <e4140000>

| | | "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/RP03@1c0002/PXS3@0"

| | | "subsystem-vendor-id" = <3c100000>

| | | "name" = "pci14e4,4311"

| | | "IOPCIExpressLinkStatus" = 4113

| | | "reg" = <00000100000000000000000000000000000000001000010200000000000000000000000000400

00>

| | | "compatible" = <"pci103c,1364","pci14e4,4311","pciclass,028000">

sudo dmesg

BUS 8 STATE 3

BUS 2 STATE 3

BUS 1 STATE 3

i think IOPCCardFamily patched from chun-nan open pci 8 ,2 and 1 but my wi-fi card is into bus 6, you can see log.

Maybe the problem is here.

I have tried to boot first windows and make soft reboot,in this case the blue light of wireless is on but i don't see into networkinterfaces.plist and preference.plist i able to see it only into ioreg or DPCIManager

14e4:4311 Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI

or

lspci

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI (rev 01)

but into dmesg i not see it.

Into IO80211Family.kext.....AppleAirportBrcm4311.kext......info.plist i see:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci106b,4e</string>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4313</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

<string>pci14e4,4319</string>

<string>pci14e4,431a</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

<string>pci14e4,4325</string>

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>

<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

<string>pci14e4,432c</string>

<string>pci14e4,432d</string>

</array>

I hope this information can help me and other compaq c500 user.

Bye.

^^ i've tried the chan-nun patch with the -f flag still didnt work. as stated before i found it absolutely baffling it could see it through dcpi manager....but couldnt use it....

i did notice that even with the 1390 in ubuntu i still had the same problem with it showing up but not working properly even though its a natively supported card...go figure but it looks like you went through alot of the same stuff i did before i just gave up and decided its probably time for a new lappy anywho lol

ok so my laptop (compaq c700) has a intel wifi pcie

so today i got a dell 1390

i plug it in and i keep getting error 104 system halted

i heard this card should work no problems

my mac everyth7ng works except the wifi

i want this working damn it ;)

if your getting the unsupported error then you have to flash the sprom use these instructions http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75242 on a side note in my C555nr i put in a dell 1390 pci-e card.....didnt make a lick of difference still had the same problem....in the end i think its really a pci-express port/bus problem keeping it in constant sleep mode/power saving mode......to bad cause everything else works great other then the damn wifi card

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to say this guys, but my Compaq's LCD screen has bitten the dust. :rolleyes:. Which obviously means that I can't work on this project anymore. Sorry about this but I just can't see spending money on a new LCD screen for a computer that won't last much longer. Good excuse for a nice new Sony VAIO. :)

EDIT: Actually, I was able to fix the LCD with a few pieces of tape to the tiny ribbon cables on the screen. Works like it did when it was brand new. So once I get my hinges in the mail, I will be back in the game. :)

EDIT #2: Nevermind. This computer is shot. I'm out. Also looks like this topic is dead. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

if they got it to work in ubuntu though, why can't the problem be fixed in mac as well? i just don't understand how to "translate" or recreate similar steps for mac.

proof on c300:

http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showpost.php?p=...p;postcount=527

the thread:

http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=475963

the how:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/...Feisty_No-Fluff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
oh well. I guess this story will never be solved. sorry for casting "revive" on this thread, and sorry for casting "death" on this project.......

:):):):):):blowup::(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi applehacker,

I know it has been a while but if you still have your compaq notebook, you can try the IOPCIfamily posted on the following link to see if your WLAN works.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119291

Chun-Nan

Hi applehacker,

I know it has been a while but if you still have your compaq notebook, you can try the IOPCIfamily posted on the following link to see if your WLAN works.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119291

Chun-Nan

chun-nan

i have tried that ioPCIfamily.kext before and that didnt seem to help me on my c500 at all. (did a search for your kext and found the thread about it) its something strange with like the pci-e bus not getting powered on. because i did try the dell 1390/sprom hack and that didnt fix it either. but it would work in ubuntu/vista(barf!) so i've kind of given up on this

• 3 weeks later...

The only fix i needed was to cover pin 20 on my card, that seemed to do the trick - OSX recognised my card but i was unable to switch it on in the OS due to a soft-switch, now i can turn in on and off in the OS.

Thanks guys for info.

• 1 month later...

about Dell 1490 on HP nx9420

i patch 1490

./ssb-sprom -i check_sprom -P

SPROM(0x04, Subsytem product ID) = 0x1363

SPROM(0x06, Subsystem vendor ID) = 0x103C

but still get 104 error !!!!

What device id in white list on nx9420 ????

• 4 weeks later...

hi all!

i am in desperate need for some help.

I turned my aspire one to a hackintosh with dual boot to xp. knowing the aspire one's wifi card is not supported in os x i took apart a diffrent acer i had which had a broadcom 4311 card in it swaped the two cards installed drivers on the other acer ran like a charm with the aspire one card finished installing os x and right off the bat airport was working. now i booted into xp on the aspire one and of course it needs drivers for the new card... attempted to instale some and i am having no luck after 5 diffrent drivers it finaly took to one but still has the explanation point by the card in hardware profile and is not working.... anyone have a solutoin to a broadcom 4311 wireless driver for xp?

the actual card model is bcm94311mcg

Solved!!!! after hours of searching i ran accross a site with someone showing people how to downgrade their vista and a link to the xp driver was posted!!! hell freaking yeah.... so incase anyone else has the same issue i found the solution at http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/installing-...15-2153-laptop/

and the link to the download page for the driver is... http://www.acerpanam.com/synap…211bg_Broadcom_v4.2.2.7.zip

for some strange reason it is 75mb... but fock it it works...

once again the broadcom bcm94311mcg card works on osx86 without any kext editing

after

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

hi guys, I have one problem when trying to change the prom string of my dell 1390 mini pci card..

when I run the command:

"sudo iwpriv eth1 read_sprom > card_sprom"

I get:

"Invalid command : read_sprom"

and nothing happens.. do you know why? Please help me I desperately need the wifi to work :)

thanks anyway in advance bye