Mac OSx86 10.4.10 koolkal version for INTEL only

fireedo

92 posts in this topic

I am having some major trouble getting the 10.4.10 update loaded. I have a fully functional 10.4.8 w/ NVInject 009 and I've tried 3 different methods (several attempts w/each updater) of updating to 10.4.10 and all of them are failing.

MacOSXUpd10.4.10Intel.mpkg - Completes the install then crashes upon startup

koolkal 10.4.10 - Completes the install then automatically reboots just after I select 'Mac' from my bootloader

and most recently:

XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disc: After a clean install, it crashes upon next reboot.

I've tried 4 different install configurations and none of them boot.

Someone, somewhere, with similar hardware MUST have 10.4.10 working... I need to know your secrets.

Kalyway 10.4.10 version 1.1

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard

Sata HD plugged into first ICH9 (orange port)

SATA AHCI mode

SATA Native mode enabled

I'm booting from a USB CD, but when I run disk utility I see no SATA HD. With JaS 10.4.8 boot disk I can see the SATA HD fine.

For god sakes, will somebody help me?

I have a Gigabyte 965P DS3 motherboard and Intel Core2 Duo.I install 10.4.8, DVD very easily and update to 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 without any problem. but now that I have downloaded this version of 10.4.10 Kalyway, DVD won't boot and keeps waiting on "Still waiting for root device". does anybody know how i can fix this problem?

Thanks

GOD DAMNIT.

I'VE HAD IT.

This God damned disc keeps failing to install and tells me to check for smudges/scratches on the disc! Then after I do, I go to install again and it can't even VERIFY THE DISC.

WTF

wow...

anyhow, have you tried to skip disk verification ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this version on my desktop (P4P800E|3.2Ghz SSE3|2Gb DDR Ram|Leadtek 7600GT 256mb). Installation went fine except when trying to boot after installing the video card drivers (Titan, natit, NVinject). It'd get stuck just before the GUI screen comes up if booting in verbose mode.

Finally got it working with natit 0.2 dual. Had to add the dev id into these kext (natit.kext, NVDANV40HAL.kext, NVDARES.kext). Got full QE/CI at 1680x1050 :blink:

Will play around with it some more and see.

Hello, I downloaded a file called [Kalyway 10.4.10 (IntelSSE3 + V1.1_AMD&SSE2_Patch+fixes).zip] its approx 2GB

When I install, It says Welcome 10.4.10 v1.0 Intel SSE3 ONLY ??

I dunno if its already patched, but there was no other file in the zip so I assumed its already patched.

Im installing it right now [hope it works] *I think I have a SSE2 proccessor*

if it didn't work, how do I add the V1.1_AMD&SSE2_Patch+fixes?

EDIT: it didn't work, how do I add the v1.1 SSE2 patch?

EDIT: I cant believe that i didnt' see the patch.zip i've just wasted a dvd and 2 hours of installtion :@

EDIT: I burned the patched version, it goes through the black screens, after that I just get a blue screen with no mouse no installation window ?????

• 3 weeks later...
Just information for INTEL user thereis a new release from koolkal

Just hoping for AMD release ......

oo...btw you can find this release on the green demon

Just installed this on Shuttle sd31p (945g motherboard, pentium d). When I select RESTART from the menu (or when I enter: shutdown -r now

from a terminal window) the OS appears to stop, the screen goes blank, but the machine never reboots. Halt does work and the machine powers off. Only restart does not work.

I have tried several options including power management (included and not included) BIOS patch, power bundle, but no luck.

I have also search google and cannot find any solutions (or even suggestions).

In prior release (uphuck 1.3), on same machine. restart works as it should.

Any suggestions?

COME ON FOLKS!!! HASN'T ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH RESTART?

Hi,I am new to this forum and new to Macworld and need some help . I have installed Kalyway 10.4.10 v1.1 which I have upgraded from Uphuck 10.4.9v1.4 in my Compaq V2375tu Notebook. This is dual boot with vista. I am unable to boot to mac on the first try, but the system boots after 3rd or 4th try.

Message displayed during booting 

Display driver matching fails

GFx0 matching fails 

I am unable to connect my Huawei EC321 card The PCMCIA card is not detected. I tried Qualcomm CDMA 1x Usb modem this modem is recognized but I am unable to find modem driver. The dial up connection is inactive. 

Broadcom 802.11g network adapter is not recognized

Once the system boots it works fine. I am able to connect to the internet through RTL8139 .The sound card and display works great. Usb and firewire working perfectly. 

My system specs are

Processor : Celeron M (Dothan) 1.4 Ghz ( Over clocked 1.86Ghz ), SSE2

Mainboard : Quanta 308F

Display : Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS/910GML

Need help to solve the boot problem & to connect through either EC321 or Qualcomm Usb Modem 

I tried to glitchman kext but don't know where to change the device ID8031 & Vendor ID 104