Mac OSx86 10.4.10 koolkal version for INTEL only

fireedo

92 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, one question/problem here...

Maybe a kernel related problem, i really don't know but... when i choose Restart, my machine don't restart, the spinning wheel appears, and i need to use my machine power button to make the process. I put my old kernel back, and everything works, if someone knows how to fix this, please, give me the tip.

And the Gma problem, i solve here with the pkg from JaS 10.4.8.

Thanx a lot, and great work Kaly!

@ Kalyway

found this issue:

instaling Office2004 or Spyder2 display calibration tool it returns the following erro message

The application "Spyder2_Installer" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<BaseInstaller Carbon><BaseInstaller Carbon><CarbonLib><>"

is there any fix for this?

tks

carlos

I noticed the same problem with all power pc applications. It seems that rosetta is not working here.

I had to make a 10.4.9 install in other partition to run rosetta apps.

Finally Koolkal has been released an AMD version support, thanx a lot :)

THIS ppf patch add AMD & SSE2 support (experimenta need beta tester!!:l) to 10.4.10 kalyway iso !

NEW PPF patch !!!!! UPDATE TO V1.1 ADDED AMD & SSE2 SUPPORT AND SOME FIXES!!!

gma950 support

safari keychain problem

and nohpet support !

(ppf o matic for mac & win) zipped

i have joined a read me for explain how patch the iso file wit ppf O Matic

enjoy !

:)

I installed the 1.0 version a few days ago and it works like a charm, thanks! A couple questions though, how can I restore the default icons? And does that Rosetta fix make all ppc apps work or just office?

EDIT: Well, I restored all the icons with IconRestore 2.0 except the System Preferences icon. Another problem I have is in Safari I get weird text overlapping inside text-boxes and when I highlight text it gets half blanked. It's really noticeable and annoying when editing a wiki page. Also, I just noticed when trying to open wikipedia in Firefox and Camino they both crash before the site could open. Anyone else have these problems?

Kalyway V1.1 install success on:

Core2Duo E6750, Asus P5WDH (bios 2206), 7300GT, SATA HDD, PATA DVD, Keyboard&mouse USB

Options:

Drivers VGA: Natit 0.2

System: AppleSMBIOS, SATA Support, Azalia Audio, IONetworking

Others by default

Tested Ok:

ALC882 Audio OUT (needs Taruga's ALC882 Sound Fix v0.4b for AUDIO IN), LAN, Firewire, QE CI, Ok

Final Cut Studio 2: Ok

Sleep: doesn't resume

Not experienced this problem: "in Safari I get weird text overlapping inside text-boxes and when I highlight text it gets half blanked"

Safari: Can't access to secure webs FIXED with:

Dune31:

i found where is the problem :

in the folder /System/Library/Keychains there are 2 files :

-X509Anchors

-X509Certificates

they are truncated. i replaced them with those from my 10.4.9 and everything works again : messenger, https in safari and maybe Itunes store( but i have not tested this one).

http://dune31.free.fr/Mac/Keychains.zip

Thanks Kaly! looks great! :thumbsdown_anim:

I too patched the 1.0 disk to create a 1.1 installer. It did cure the problems it lists. I still can't register my software suites like FCS2 and CS3 Production Premium. I keep getting the same error message that it will try again later. It does take all the updates, and I know this isn't a major concern, except it makes me wonder what it's tied to and if I'll experience other problems down the road that I'm not aware of yet.

EDIT: I should also add that I still have to replace the CFMSupport folder if I want Rosetta dependent software like MS Office and Eudora Email to install. Other than that, this is a pretty nice install from Koolkal.

I installed the 1.0 version a few days ago and it works like a charm, thanks! A couple questions though, how can I restore the default icons? And does that Rosetta fix make all ppc apps work or just office?

EDIT: Well, I restored all the icons with IconRestore 2.0 except the System Preferences icon. Another problem I have is in Safari I get weird text overlapping inside text-boxes and when I highlight text it gets half blanked. It's really noticeable and annoying when editing a wiki page. Also, I just noticed when trying to open wikipedia in Firefox and Camino they both crash before the site could open. Anyone else have these problems?

I also just noticed the text overlapping in Facebook, here's an screenshot:

textoverlappinghu6.png

Could it be because I have Safari 3?

I don't have "TEXT OVERLAPPING" on Kalyway V1.1 and Safari 2.0.4

(I tried to reproduce your error doing some edit in wiki, etc)

But can't access to secure webs, I'm using Firefox meanwhile

I build another computer using Kalyway V1.1:

Core2Duo E6750, Asus P5WDH (bios 2206), 7600GT, 160 SATA HDD, PATA DVD, Keyboard&mouse USB

2x500Gb SATA RAID 0 on EZ_RAID connectors and setup in BIOS

I choose:

Drivers VGA: Natit 0.2

System: AppleSMBIOS, SATA Support, Azalia Audio, IONetworking

Others by default (nice selection of appz!)

Works fine, needs Taruga's ALC882 Sound Fix v0.4b for AUDIO IN:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6168

Thanks Kaly!

PD: JMicron and WiFi not tested (ASUS P5WDH)

I use p5wdh (bios 2004) , e6600 , sapphire 2600xt ..

i downloaded ur 10.4.10 version 1.0

but did not choose any vga driver since it did not provide me with 2600xt driver .. once done installing i restarted and was met with patterns of black and whites everywhere on the screen ...

with jas 10.4.8 i was able to run osx without choosing any vga driver ...

anyway netkas already came out with 2600xt driver but i cant install it unless i can enter osx ..

help !!

please

thanx

p.s just sold my x1600... regretting ..