Mac OSx86 10.4.10 koolkal version for INTEL only

fireedo

92 posts in this topic

After installing on a spare drive was unable to get to desktop after selecting gma950 graphics option just getting a blue screen after the initial apple logo.

Finally got working install after selecting both gma915 & gma950 but unable to get CI & QE. No display detected and monitor locked to 1024 x 768 resolution.

Deleted the gma915 kexts but this didn't have any affect.

Installed gma950 pkg from previous koolkal 10.4.10 update and this also had no effect.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

...monitor locked to 1024 x 768 resolution....

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Same thing here. Udated from JaS 10.4.9 on an Asrock 945G-DVI board and everything seems to work except screen resolution (my displays native resolution is 1600x1200).

thanks in advance

pilsator

Tokra heres what worked for me.

In bios set the following.

Sata mode: AHCI ( top most entry in Intergrated peripherals)

Sata port 0-3: Enabled

Onboard sata/IDE control mode: IDE

I also installed using a usb dvd drive. Have not tried with the dvd on the ide port.

Connect OSX boot drive on first orange Sata port.

Hope that helps. Mine worked at the first try.

I believe that the DVD drive has to be connected to the orange SATA port on the 965P-DS3. I had to buy an SATA DVD drive to install OSX onto my PC.

To antic & pilsator

I am not sure, but this( http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...he_boot_options ) may help you.

---------

Browse to

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and open it up in your text editor- You can add some switches in here to make your life a little bit sweeter...

HINT: If you are having difficulty saving changes to com.apple.Boot.plist; Open Terminal and type

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

just copy and paste the text) and press enter. Use the arrow keys to move the cursor. Ctrl+O to save (and then press Enter to save) and Ctrl+X to close.

To automatically use a certain graphics mode

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@85</string>

Note: If your video card is using VESA 2.0 drivers, leave out the '@85' part as it only works on VESA 3.0 will cause the system to reset before getting anywhere.

-------------------------------------------------

Kalyway, thanks.^^

BTW, Kalyway is koolkal ? ( I like koolkal versions.^^ )

-----------

I succeeded in Native Installation over Vmware6. ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11314 )

I installed with 2 default settings, and then installed the 8139.pkg in Kalyway 10.4.10.Intel SSE3 Only.iso for internet.

- Kool MacOSX 10.4.10(main system) (3.4GB)

- Applications : 5 selected things(Little Snitch ...) (66.4MB)

post-14017-1189617996_thumb.jpg

---------

Browse to

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and open it up in your text editor- You can add some switches in here to make your life a little bit sweeter...

HINT: If you are having difficulty saving changes to com.apple.Boot.plist; Open Terminal and type

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

just copy and paste the text) and press enter. Use the arrow keys to move the cursor. Ctrl+O to save (and then press Enter to save) and Ctrl+X to close.

To automatically use a certain graphics mode

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@85</string>

Note: If your video card is using VESA 2.0 drivers, leave out the '@85' part as it only works on VESA 3.0 will cause the system to reset before getting anywhere.

-------------------------------------------------

Already done this and can get a maximum resolution of 1280 x1024 but this doesn't help with CI & QE which we should be able to get with Intel gma950.

One other thing to note when checking System Profile is that Core Image shows as "Software" instead of either "Supported" or "Not Supported" which I find a bit odd.

grab.tiff

is this the latest and most stable realess for intel users? im currently using a 10.4.8 disk.

I am posting my results in another thread in this same forum as I get them. So far, so good. Only needed 1 minor tweak with my setup to this point.

@BJMoose

Have u tried a striped raid with 3 or more HDD's?

My bad axe2 have some prob's.

I can buide the RAID set but when when transfering a big amount of data to work With it crashes.

I've tested SATA2 HDD's and tried too with Raptors 74mb that are 10.000rpm SATA1 type and both fail.

Found that RAID sets buid with only 2 HDD's work normaly.

Any idea / sugestion?

@kaly.. thanks

Installed on a P35C. Had problems trying to install this one, said heck with it and booted an older OS X and installed that way. Tossed in Nat file ONLY for my ATI and worked great, better than any other for me so far.

One question. I know how to add, mod files but lol I have sbin, usr folders on the drive that are not hidden and the change finder does nothing. Noob here.. how can I REhide some of these folders? tia

K - I have managed to make-it work by disabl;ing the Jmicron controller on the bios, and moving my windows HDD on the 3-th yellow sata connector, now osx install fine, nio panic or so on , but ... I cannot see my windows hdd on the desktop .. (as I have say - the first sata conector is for the dvd, the second for the osx hdd, and the third for the windows hdd). Can be something done for fixing this - on the bios all are set-up as ahci

I performed a clean install of 10.4.10 with this CD. But it doesn't boot. After the Apple screen, the screen turns blue and nothing happens. I have a GMA 950, so I tried to install the GMA 950 driver from my 10.4.8 (JaS) DVD, but that didn't work? Any suggestions? Like I said, I have a 10.4.8 install DVD, so I can try the 10.4.10 updater...

I performed a clean install of 10.4.10 with this CD. But it doesn't boot. After the Apple screen, the screen turns blue and nothing happens. I have a GMA 950, so I tried to install the GMA 950 driver from my 10.4.8 (JaS) DVD, but that didn't work? Any suggestions? Like I said, I have a 10.4.8 install DVD, so I can try the 10.4.10 updater...

For some reason gma950 doesn't appear to work with this instal. If you want to get to the desktop do a fresh install using both gma900 & gma950. Unfortunatly there is no CI and QE and you will be locked to 1028 x 786 res though this can be changed in com.apple.boot.plist.

If my memory serves me right then Kaly made this instal from an a new imac installation disc with HD2000 drivers. It might be that the opengl drivers are different and don't work with gma950. There is definitely something different because System profiler shows Core Image as Software instead of Not Supported And Quartz Extreme as Not Supported. I read in another thread that if they are supported they now show as Hardware Accelerated. Perhaps someone with a new imac can confirm this.

@ Kalyway

found this issue:

instaling Office2004 or Spyder2 display calibration tool it returns the following erro message

The application "Spyder2_Installer" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<BaseInstaller Carbon><BaseInstaller Carbon><CarbonLib><>"

is there any fix for this?

tks

carlos

UPDATE

working now thanks to swag01

See this thread to fix the rosetta:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20

copy the /System/Library/CFMSupport (the whole directory) from a 10.4.10 system I confirmed office worked and replace it with the one on this install.

unquote

I got everything up and running, the CD worked GREAT!! Only one problem... the wireless cardd....

Does anybody know a fix for the Netgear WG311T??? It wont even show up in my system profiler... tried a lot of diff tricks people said about it on here but doesnt seem to work.... and it worked previously on my Uphuck 10.4.9

FYI

If you're getting keychain popups asking for your password, but your normal password doesnt work (when you start safari for example) do the following:

Delete the "login.keychain" from your user keychains folder. It will be re-created and work properly the next time you log in.

For some reason gma950 doesn't appear to work with this instal. If you want to get to the desktop do a fresh install using both gma900 & gma950. Unfortunatly there is no CI and QE and you will be locked to 1028 x 786 res though this can be changed in com.apple.boot.plist.

If my memory serves me right then Kaly made this instal from an a new imac installation disc with HD2000 drivers. It might be that the opengl drivers are different and don't work with gma950. There is definitely something different because System profiler shows Core Image as Software instead of Not Supported And Quartz Extreme as Not Supported. I read in another thread that if they are supported they now show as Hardware Accelerated. Perhaps someone with a new imac can confirm this.

On my board (Asrock 945G-DVI) CI and QE are supported, only issue is the locked resolution.

cheers, pilsator

On my board (Asrock 945G-DVI) CI and QE are supported, only issue is the locked resolution.

This has been a common problem since 10.4.9. Just replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with a copy from Jas' 10.4.8 and the problem should dissapear.