way to prevent monitoring on computer?

Soündless

19 posts in this topic

my parrents got some dcma thing from comcast and now they want to put some blocking things on my computer. im sure i could undo the applications effects from the root account, but is there anything i can do to stop such applications from being installed or make them not function properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Quit filesharing. Seriously. You probably know this, but you got the DMCA notice from Comcast because they know you are filesharing. Your mother wants to install blocking software to prevent you from doing it some more. If you don't want the blocking software, agree to stop on your own. You might as well: whether or not she can install it, if you continue filesharing Comcast will know it and you'll get something nastier than a note telling you to stop.

If you won't stop filesharing, at least do so in a smarter manner. Though that's going to be a lot harder now that you've attracted their attention once. Sucks eh?

• 1 month later...

pfft comcast.

I download at least 5gb of stuff per week and I've never gotten anything saying I need to stop.

sounds like you need to move away from comcast's monopolizing grip.

at&t ftw!

although I'm quite jealous of comcast's 12mbps connection against my 8mbps connection.