BLUE SCREEN WORKAROUND

FlopSter

9 posts in this topic

OK guys....i figured out how to get around having to have an external monitor hooked up or the system hangs on boot! I built a VGA dummy connector out of an old monitor plug. Solder all the cables togeather and hook it up to the external monitor display. just a few easy steps on boot and yer done:

1. with PC turned off put dongle on

2. turn PC on

3. as soon as apple logo appears in the grey screen to start booting the OS hit your LCD/external monitor button(fn-F8 on dell inspiron 6000) twice

4. remove dongle

OSX will not detect the second display so no losing the mouse on the other display screen.

There is one simple setup that needs to be done in order for the LCD to have the white OS bar at the top and have it be the main display for the system:

1. boot using dual screens(yeah it works sometimes...cant remember how i got it to work)

2. apple->system preferences->displays

3. click on the middle button i think it is up top starts with an A and move the white bar at the top of the external monitor adapters screen to your LCD's screen.

4. save the settings reboot and use your dongle!

Thats it...thats how I got mine to boot just fine every time..no more blue screen blues for me :censored2: I will come up with some pictures of what I have done eventually...i hope...but I hope this helps you guys out!

- FlopSter

#osx86 EFnet

this workaround is very similar to the workaround being implemented by other users with this problem in the GMA 900 topic thread.

It's great to see that you got it working, but I encourage you to visit that thread for possible software solutions to the issue.

OK guys....i figured out how to get around having to have an external monitor hooked up or the system hangs on boot! I built a VGA dummy connector out of an old monitor plug. Solder all the cables togeather and hook it up to the external monitor display. just a few easy steps on boot and yer done:

1. with PC turned off put dongle on

2. turn PC on

3. as soon as apple logo appears in the grey screen to start booting the OS hit your LCD/external monitor button(fn-F8 on dell inspiron 6000) twice

4. remove dongle

OSX will not detect the second display so no losing the mouse on the other display screen.

There is one simple setup that needs to be done in order for the LCD to have the white OS bar at the top and have it be the main display for the system:

1. boot using dual screens(yeah it works sometimes...cant remember how i got it to work)

2. apple->system preferences->displays

3. click on the middle button i think it is up top starts with an A and move the white bar at the top of the external monitor adapters screen to your LCD's screen.

4. save the settings reboot and use your dongle!

Thats it...thats how I got mine to boot just fine every time..no more blue screen blues for me :( I will come up with some pictures of what I have done eventually...i hope...but I hope this helps you guys out!

- FlopSter

#osx86 EFnet

Your solution works for me. :( I got my Dell D610 laptop working with both QE & CI enabled. Had to play around with swapping monitor. Changed external monitor to higher resolution and now I got QE & CI. Also I tried to copy the DVD Player.app from the new 10.4.3 to 10.4.1 but can't seem to copy it over. The DVD Player.app on 10.4.3 can be run on both Intel & PPC. The old one does not run on Intel. Any ideas?

this workaround is very similar to the workaround being implemented by other users with this problem in the GMA 900 topic thread.

It's great to see that you got it working, but I encourage you to visit that thread for possible software solutions to the issue.

Can you link please? I can't seem to find that thread.

• 2 weeks later...