Suggestion: Make install routine modular

CrazyLexx

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

since Apple will someday release a version of BootCamp which includes features like the on-screen display feedback or proper support of the light sensor, some functions of your wonderful tool might become obsolete. Wouldn't it be possible to change the way the programm works to support some kind of modular install process? That way we could f.e. just install the fan controll or whatever the user wants to use the tool for...

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 months later...
Hi there,

since Apple will someday release a version of BootCamp which includes features like the on-screen display feedback or proper support of the light sensor, some functions of your wonderful tool might become obsolete. Wouldn't it be possible to change the way the programm works to support some kind of modular install process? That way we could f.e. just install the fan controll or whatever the user wants to use the tool for...

Thanks,

Tom

I will include switches for disabling all SMC communication etc in a future version.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I'd just like to add to the above - I'm really just looking for a Fan Speed control program for XP, and have no need of getting the Keyboard re-mapped. Is it possible to have just the Fan Speed component installed whilst retaining Apple's Kbdmngr.exe? Many thanks.

EDIT - My bad. Sorry I missed your replies to a previous poster below.