Install on Toshiba A100-208

jjduro

8 posts in this topic

Hi you guys,

I've been through this forum but haven't got the answer for this question:

Has anyone managed to install OSX on a Toshiba Satellite A100-208?

I've been trying for days and only with uphuck's v 1.4. r3 DVD I've had some sucess. Before that, I got the: Still waiting for root device error.

Even so, After the instalation, which takes about 6 hours, I can't boot. The gray screen with the apple keeps turning and nothing happens. If I try in verbose mode, I get a blue screen with the psychadelic mouse wheel.. and nothing happens.

What can I do?

What am I doing wrong? What should I install? Please help! Thanks.

The Toshiba Satellite A100-208 specs are:

Processor: Intel Celeron M 380 / 1.6 GHz

Data Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Chipset Type: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

RAM- 512 MB

Serial ATA-150

Hard Drive: 80 GB

Graphics Processor: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

Video Memory: Shared Video Memory (UMA)

Audio Codec: Realtek ALC861

• 2 weeks later...
Hi you guys,

I've been trying for days and only with uphuck's v 1.4. r3 DVD I've had some sucess. Before that, I got the: Still waiting for root device error.

Even so, After the instalation, which takes about 6 hours, I can't boot. The gray screen with the apple keeps turning and nothing happens. If I try in verbose mode, I get a blue screen with the psychadelic mouse wheel.. and nothing happens.

What can I do?

RAM- 512 MB

Serial ATA-150

A friend of mine has the same problem. I think that is a problem with low end hardware. Very uncompatable!

Maybe you can find an answer on uphuck's forum

• 3 weeks later...
Hi you guys,

What can I do?

RAM- 512 MB

Serial ATA-150

since no one did help... come on you guys... we are supposed to help each other!

Here's the solution:

To install on this model we need uphuck's DVD v.1.4 r3 - others won't work - and the x200 driver's found on insanelly mac for Video and ATA support. just search for it here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7350

before begining instalation, one has to go to the BIOS and disable Legacy USB support. that was the main problem. So... It only took me about 4 months to find this out. Thanks for the help everybody!! NOT!

What does disabeling USB legacy support do? Also how and do I install these drivers?

I am trying to install the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i on a Toshiba A135-S2326. I can get to the grey mac screen the cursor stops spinning but I can hear music. I am figuering that the drivers are incorrect.

I am a newbie to this process and your help is really appreciated.

What does disabeling USB legacy support do? Also how and do I install these drivers?

I am trying to install the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i on a Toshiba A135-S2326. I can get to the grey mac screen the cursor stops spinning but I can hear music. I am figuering that the drivers are incorrect.

I am a newbie to this process and your help is really appreciated.

In my case, the OSX installation, before disabeling USB legacy, took about 6 hours! And I was never able to boot the PC. After, it took about 15 minutes and it was able to boot.

You have the ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, which means that the graphics support will always be very poor. Even with Katana.

To install the ATA drivers simply go to this link http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=13413 and download them. Usually, to install you just need to drag and drop the kext file onto the extensions folder on /System/Library/, remove the extensions kext cache and mkext - which are also in that folder -, repair permissions and reboot.

Try using uphuck's DVD v.1.4 r3 release, install the ATI SATA Support for SB400 and loginwindow, and DON'T install any graphics driver. For graphics, Use Katana ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7350 ) - just install the ATI Graphic pkg, and after that, on the terminal, use the command: sudo -s and drag and drop the file named post install that is inside the Katana dmg. Follow the instructions, Reboot and then you can change your screen resolution on System Preferences.

I don't known all of your computer specs, like the network card and wifi.. so you'd better check them out through Windows, and then select all the apropriate drivers on uphuck's DVD.

Be aware that some drivers on that DVD do not work and you have to get them from somewhere else or on Insanely Mac through the search option.

For instance, I had to use the rtl8139 network driver from Kalyway's install DVD....

The Kantana drivers work fine. They are not the best but get the jod done. I have a slight problem with Uphuck 1.3 it will not recognize my hard drive on boot. I have no place to install it to.. is there a way to book the DVD with SATA support (I think that is the problem). How can I install SATA support if there is no Hard drive to install to?

Regards.

The Kantana drivers work fine. They are not the best but get the jod done. I have a slight problem with Uphuck 1.3 it will not recognize my hard drive on boot. I have no place to install it to.. is there a way to book the DVD with SATA support (I think that is the problem). How can I install SATA support if there is no Hard drive to install to?

Regards.

Dude, you are not reading what I'm writting. You need Uphuck 1.4 revision 3, and not Uphuck 1.3. That one doesn't recognize my HD also, but 1.4 r3 does. Mail me to maildoduro at gmail dot com and I'll help you with the Uphuck v1.4 r3. OK?

• 6 years later...