[How to] Asus P5K-VM guide

delish

1,244 posts in this topic

I have a quick FireWire question to any who might be using it. I'm on 10.6.4 and I've got a DSDT and setup mainly based off of the P5K-VM InstallPack. I did some modifications to the DSDT to support a GeForce GTX260 & also speedstep and all that seems to work. The one strange thing I'm experiencing is that FireWire works for devices plugged in a boot, but ones that are plugged in later power up but don't seem to get enumerated. I've seen a few more recent FireWire related posts, but I'm not sure if these are related to similar issues to what I'm having or if I'm noticing a different issue. If anyone has experienced similar, I'd be happy to know of a way to enable it to hotplug.

Thanks!

(I think I may have posted on this thread a long time ago, but I've been appreciating the work various contributors have been making for some time... you've made this an easy platform to run OS X on with a fairly clean profile in terms of needed hacks and modifications)

I have exactly the same problem with the firewire.. if I plug in my camera during boot it is working, but if I disconnect and connect again it is not recognized. Any Idea why? I am with 10.6.5.

also I have strange problem with the sound. every time I play something I heal a loud POP in my amplifier. it feel likes the SB goes to sleep. If I play something and I don't play anything else, I hear 1 POP few seconds the music stops, and then another POP after I play something new. it's very annoying especially for event sounds. I will fix this maybe will try some kext's. but the firewire is really strange.

Backup applehda.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

Do update.... if you get a blue screen with no mouse after the restart let it until no hdd activity (or at least 1 min) then do manual restart. You should have a normal restart now, but no sound. Delete AppheHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and replace with the one you backed up. Use Kext Utility and restart. This is all.

Alternatively, you can still use BlackCH's hex code trick, or better yet, use his installer to fix the audio problem. That way, you will have AppleHDA.kext 1.9.9f12 (from 10.6.5). See post 1083.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

firstly i wana thanx all of you who wrote on this forum, it helped me a lot in getting my hackintosh work... almost :)

my problem is that i succesfully install it on this mobo and it worked really well for 2 days. but in this morning when I powered on the pc it gave me this message :

insa.jpg

and after that just shuts down.

Please, if you be so kind to give me a point, i'll be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

this is the message if you can't understand from the poor quality image:

USBF: 29.678 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing

done

CPU halted

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys. i have a problem with an external bluetooth dongle. the trust bt-2400p dongle will not be recognized. this dongle should be compatible with mac and work out of the box. but in systempreferences i dont have an option for bluetooth. any idea? perhaps a missing bluetooth kext? i'm runnig 10.6.7.

hey guys. i have a problem with an external bluetooth dongle. the trust bt-2400p dongle will not be recognized. this dongle should be compatible with mac and work out of the box. but in systempreferences i dont have an option for bluetooth. any idea? perhaps a missing bluetooth kext? i'm runnig 10.6.7.

Try different dsdt's

Hey p5k-vm-ers! Is someone who tried to install Lion on this MoBo? Any success? Let us know.

Try different dsdt's

Hey p5k-vm-ers! Is someone who tried to install Lion on this MoBo? Any success? Let us know.

Audio works with vodoo HDA. Somebody have nVidia 9500 GT 1 Giga working with acceleration? if yes, please share.

I have this video card, but I'm still afraid to install Lion on it. I did install it on my Macbook Pro and the DP4 has serious issues with showing the icons in Launchpad. I wait for a final Lion version and I hope, BlackCH will make a new boot CD ;)

But try to add NVEnabler 64.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If you get KP, just reboot in Save Mode (-x) and remove the kext. NVedabler will not work with other nVidia injector, so make sure to remove other injectors from /Extra/Extensions or from /System/Library/Extensions first, don't remove the Apple kexts for Nvidia.

Audio works with vodoo HDA. Somebody have nVidia 9500 GT 1 Giga working with acceleration? if yes, please share.

I did install it. It works like a charm with NVEnabler 64.kext in /Extra/Extensions. I have another problem. I have no network in Lion. I cannot use any dsdt I have. With dsdt, Lion not boots, it gets stuck at:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System state [s0 s3 s4 s5] (s3)

PFM64 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000

[ PCI configuration begin ]

I don't know how to patch a DSDT, this is mine (see attachment)

dsdt.aml.zip

I installed Lion DP4 on the other harddisk, by updating Snow Leopard. I think it is the easiest installation ever.

1 I prepared an 8 G USB Flashdrive using this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

2 I installed the last Chameleon RC5 on the Snow Leopard volume, rebooted to make sure it works

3 I removed the dsdt from my /Extra folder (no damn dsdt needed!)

4 I installed the Lion DP4 from the USB stick

5 Rebooted from the new installed volume (not from the USB stick) and it worked, without changed any kext from my /Extra (BlackCH's p5k-vm.kext still working great)

6 Installed voodoHDA.kext for ALC882 and all work great.

I hope the final verision of Lion to work as easy as this one.

I can confirm that Lion DP4 works great on this board. The only thing I'm having problems with so far is Sound - VoodooHDA always has a weird crackling in the background and it seems like Lion does not have AppleHDA anymore, so no binpatching... or am I missing something?

I can confirm that Lion DP4 works great on this board. The only thing I'm having problems with so far is Sound - VoodooHDA always has a weird crackling in the background and it seems like Lion does not have AppleHDA anymore, so no binpatching... or am I missing something?

Lion have AppleHDA and you can patch it, the problem is in the Legacy kext, the one we have now don't work anymore, I expect the devs come with a new one soon.

Lion have AppleHDA and you can patch it, the problem is in the Legacy kext, the one we have now don't work anymore, I expect the devs come with a new one soon.

I really need a good AppleHDA patched. The Voodoo HDA causes SnowTape (radio streaming application) to constantly crash at every 3-4 minutes.

Does the Macapp store working for you?

Does the Macapp store working for you?

Yep. At the beginning I had a "No GUID available" error. That was fixed by adding

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>yes</string>

to com.apple.Boot.plist and doing the normal instructions that you find around the internet regarding this error: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254476

It's kind of weird, the Lion installer doesn't seem to have copied AppleHDA to my newly installed system. I now copied the kext manually from the installation partition, but I'm still not having any luck. I tried patching the binary, but I still can't seem to get sound - maybe somebody smarter than me can figure this out at some point, but at the moment I'm just too lazy :rolleyes:

I followed the instructions step by step adding the ethernet build in the com.apple.Boot.plis and renewing the ethernet settings by deleting the Networkinterfaces.plist but I got no success with Mac App Store. I hope to get another fix.

I followed the instructions step by step adding the ethernet build and renewing the ethernet settings by deleting the plist but I got no success with Mac App Store.

I, also, have no success

Ok, finally I managed to solve the App Store problem, first edit the IONetworking family kext as follow:

Network:

Modify entries in:

IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Change:

<key>Yukon-88E8053</key> to <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>

<string>0x436211AB</string> to <string>0x436411AB</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053</string> to <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>

next, apply the IONetworkingFamily Fix package, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist on /Library/Preferences/System Configuration, delete all the network interfaces in System Preferences/Network, restart the computer and recreate the network interfaces in System Preferences/Network. Oh, when recreating the network interfaces be sure to set ethernet first.

Disclaimer: all this is already posted on this treat by another users, so all credit go to them, I only put everything together.IONetworkingFamily_Fix.pkg.zip

Good, really good news, people, a 100% working Lion D4, here is how:

After installing Lion use the attached Extra folder in root, replace AppleHDA. kekt with the one attached ( remember to replace DSDT.aml with the one you have working on Snow Leopard, DON'T USE MINE!!! at least if you have the same CPU that mine ). Replace IONetworkingFamily with the one supplied. Repair permissions and restart. Good luck. :(

Sorry because of upload size the files must be on different chunks and I have to left out extensions.mkekt, try to make it.Kexts.zip

Extra.zip

Good, really good news, people, a 100% working Lion D4, here is how:

After installing Lion use the attached Extra folder in root, replace AppleHDA. kekt with the one attached ( remember to replace DSDT.aml with the one you have working on Snow Leopard, DON'T USE MINE!!! at least if you have the same CPU that mine ). Replace IONetworkingFamily with the one supplied. Repair permissions and restart. Good luck. :)

Sorry because of upload size the files must be on different chunks and I have to left out extensions.mkekt, try to make it.Kexts.zip

All are working for me, but I can't have any dsdt. If have dsdt, the system not finishes the boot sequence, getting stuck at "[ PCI configuration begin ]" line. It is about the dsdt that is working on my SL.

In another hand, the Appstore keeps to no working for me, even I did all tricks in my network settings.