1236 replies to this topic

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Hi gurus,

I updated to 10.6.2 from 10.6.1.
On start up, after the wheel, teh screen becomes blanc with the arrow that can be moved using the mouse.

When the display goes in "display sleep", moving the mouse it wakes up again and the screen in finaly OK!

My card is 8500gt 1G.

any hint?

tks a lot!

Seems like the graphics are not quite right. How are you doing your graphics? dsdt? kexts? via com.apple.Boot.plist? You need to gives a bit more information to have chance of helping you. It would be a good idea to create your signature as well so we no your hardware and setup.

Hassan Rai

Hassan Rai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Guys... just wanted to check if I can use the DSDT 3.2 (latest one) compiled for Bikinifarm? I have the same processor... I'm asking to check if the there are parts in that DSDT that i need to remove/replace based on my configuration (in my signature).

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Hi Guys... just wanted to check if I can use the DSDT 3.2 (latest one) compiled for Bikinifarm? I have the same processor... I'm asking to check if the there are parts in that DSDT that i need to remove/replace based on my configuration (in my signature).

Should be ok but you need to check that the "OperationRegion (BIOS.....)" line matches what you have in a dsdt extracted from your machine.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
The other day I had some free time and I made a P5K-VM boot cd. It includes the lastest dsdt and all the files needed for retail installation. Comes also with a readme. I thought I share it here as it should simplify the Snow Leopard Retail DVD install process to a few clicks.
Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ju4xdlhnzy

theyoung

theyoung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

The other day I had some free time and I made a P5K-VM boot cd. It includes the lastest dsdt and all the files needed for retail installation. Comes also with a readme. I thought I share it here as it should simplify the Snow Leopard Retail DVD install process to a few clicks.
Here is the link:

WOW! i can't wait to use this... Especially on a rainy day as today in Amsterdam. MANY thanx.

EDIT: You'r a genius! Everything is described perfectly; noob proof!

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Especially on a rainy day as today in Amsterdam

Tell me about it!! I lived there for 4 years!

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Here is the link:

Nice work BlackCH - will be really helpful for noobs and reinstalls.

Hassan Rai

Hassan Rai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Many thanks BlackCH... as always an invaluable contribution from you...

I have a question that is unrelated to this release... can someone tell me or point me to how to backup a good/stable Leopard install? I want to back up my current 10.5.7 install before I try this. Kindly tell me in steps... I knopw this much that I need to take back-up using Carbon Copy Cloner... ok but with what settings... and how do i restore it?

Thanks...

mala-zaba

mala-zaba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Photography and computer

Here is the link:

Cool, is appreciated. Thank BlackCH.

Eric

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Here is the link:

Simply Awesome....!!!!!

Well... BlackCH does it again!

Thanks a zillion BlackCH.

I had really been waiting for this since the day Snow Leopard Arrived!!!

Coz.. Honestly... I have been using your XxX 10.5.6 install disk as my main OS since quite a long time...

And since 10.6.x... as the install OS for running OSInstall.mpkg of Snow Leopard till date ... on my PC as well as a couple of other enthusiast pals of mine.

Trust me... without your invaluable 10.5.6 Disk... we wouldn't have been virus- and worm- shielded.

I'll give it a try... if I again happened to need to re-install Snow Leopard.

-Thanks a Zillion once again.

-Regards,

Freaky Chokra

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Here is the link:

Thank you BlachCH and everyone who participated.

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Ok guys & gals, MasterChief has been weaving his magic again on the P5K Pro dsdt and released v3.3.

I've migrated those changes into P5K VM v3.3 dsdt and tested everythings working for me.

BlackCH normally tests before I release but the lucky devil has just left for a 6 week holiday in Argentina, so if someone else can confirm I'd be grateful. What do we gain well not much other than unneeded code removal, a code reduction (replacement code in certain areas), and a slightly faster boot + stability.

Attached File  P5K_VM_3.3_dsdt.dsl.zip   12.03KB   225 downloads
Usual things need checking or changing to suit your mobo / CPU:

For your speed stepping set the correct values in PSS (get this wrong and you could fry your cpu) - read BlackCH excellent howto in recent post.

06) // equals number of p-states your CPU has
{
// This needs to match your CPU (use the P-State Calculator for it)
Package (0x06) {2915, 64946, 10, 10, 0xB28, 0xB28},
Package (0x06) {2650, 63453, 10, 10, 0xA27, 0xA27},
Package (0x06) {2385, 59906, 10, 10, 0x925, 0x925},
Package (0x06) {2120, 57359, 10, 10, 0x823, 0x823},
Package (0x06) {1855, 54812, 10, 10, 0x721, 0x721},
Package (0x06) {1590, 52318, 10, 10, 0x61F, 0x61F}
})
_linenums:0'>Name (PSS, Package (0x06) // equals number of p-states your CPU has { // This needs to match your CPU (use the P-State Calculator for it) Package (0x06) {2915, 64946, 10, 10, 0xB28, 0xB28}, Package (0x06) {2650, 63453, 10, 10, 0xA27, 0xA27}, Package (0x06) {2385, 59906, 10, 10, 0x925, 0x925}, Package (0x06) {2120, 57359, 10, 10, 0x823, 0x823}, Package (0x06) {1855, 54812, 10, 10, 0x721, 0x721}, Package (0x06) {1590, 52318, 10, 10, 0x61F, 0x61F} })

Check you have the right code in this section - IMPORTANT:

0x7FF8E064, 0xFF) // This code needs to match the one from your original dsdt extract. _linenums:0'>OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x7FF8E064, 0xFF) // This code needs to match the one from your original dsdt extract.

If you don't have any IDE / ATA devices you can remove (Take out the red):

Device (IDE) // Only needed if ATA devices attached
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001C0004)
}
Device (JMB0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
}
} // end of ATA section - leave this bracket in if you remove the section.
_linenums:0'> Device (IDE) // Only needed if ATA devices attached { Name (_ADR, 0x001C0004) } Device (JMB0) { Name (_ADR, Zero) } <strong class='bbc'>}</strong> // end of ATA section - leave this bracket in if you remove the section.

And finally if you do your GFX in dsdt it goes here (remove the blue highlighted if you do):

/* Placeholder for graphics card. 
Device (GFX0) // Newly added device (PXS1 on a MacPro4,1)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x18) <- change this value accordantly!
{
// Add the data you need here, or keep using com.apple.Boot.plist
}
}, Local0)
MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
} */ // end of GFX0 section - leave the parentheses if you remove section.
_linenums:0'>/* Placeholder for graphics card. Device (GFX0) // Newly added device (PXS1 on a MacPro4,1) { Name (_ADR, Zero) Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) { Store (Package (0x18) <- change this value accordantly! { // Add the data you need here, or keep using com.apple.Boot.plist } }, Local0) MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } <strong class='bbc'>}</strong> */ // end of GFX0 section - leave the parentheses if you remove section.

Compile with iaslme and your good to go.

bikinifarm

bikinifarm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

I've migrated those changes into P5K VM v3.3 dsdt and tested everythings working for me.

Also running here with no issues. Attaching for anyone else who might need Q6600 v3.3. Thanks DB1!

Attached Files

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Also running here with no issues. Attaching for anyone else who might need Q6600 v3.3. Thanks DB1!

Thanks for the confirmation.

sndlogic

sndlogic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Having a problem with no sound...tried all 6 ports.

Clean install using BlackCH new bootdisc method with SL DVD. Installed the package.

All line-ins/line-outs show up in Audio under System Profiler. Any suggestions?

P.S. 8400GS video works great with Lizard injector option. Got the cool graphics intro at 1st boot too!
P.S.S. I know it's not speakers...boot from Windows USB stick and sound works fine.

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Having a problem with no sound...tried all 6 ports.

Clean install using BlackCH new bootdisc method with SL DVD. Installed the package.

All line-ins/line-outs show up in Audio under System Profiler. Any suggestions?

P.S. 8400GS video works great with Lizard injector option. Got the cool graphics intro at 1st boot too!
P.S.S. I know it's not speakers...boot from Windows USB stick and sound works fine.

What type of speaker set up do you have?

If it's a single plug in you need to set to Internal Speakers in System Preferences/Sound/output tab and use the green out port.

sndlogic

sndlogic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What type of speaker set up do you have?

If it's a single plug in you need to set to Internal Speakers in System Preferences/Sound/output tab and use the green out port.

2.0 speakers, single plug.

That was it! I guess the BlackCH package now defaults to Headphones. It didn't used to (used prior on 10.5.6 and 10.5.7). The sound is now crystal clear! Never could get anything other than VoodooHD working on 10.5.8.

Thanks!

crucky

crucky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hello DB1 and BlackCH first thank you so much to make our P5K-VM work like it is today :D
Second i have a little question to you.Can you make the new DSDT witouth speed step an GFX string included ? I would spend you a beer or something :P

Best Regards
Firas

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Hello DB1 and BlackCH first thank you so much to make our P5K-VM work like it is today :D
Second i have a little question to you.Can you make the new DSDT witouth speed step an GFX string included ? I would spend you a beer or something :(

Best Regards
Firas

Taking out speed stepping is easy just remove PSS section and the alias PSS lines. GFX you could do by EFIstring in com.apple.Boot.plist. probably better than doing it in dsdt. If you have Chameleon r3 (or 4 now released) it might work with GraphicsEnabler flag in Boot.plist.

Joe 90

Joe 90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
@Joe 90
Replace in your graphics code
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
with
MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
and it should compile.
[/quote]

It works nicely with that, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy