[How to] Asus P5K-VM guide

delish

1,244 posts in this topic

Create your signature so we know what hardware variants you have and which bios your running with etc. (What cpu are you trying to find the speed stepping for? what video card? what bios?), it's possible a subscriber has a dsdt already configured to meet your needs without having to become an "expert", that learning curve is achieved with time, experience, research and experimentation after you understand basics. Do you want to get up and running then break into development/experimentation or just get your box running?

Details added.

The long term goal is to understand the entire process and not have to use a premade bootdisc out of necessity. In the interim, going through the steps to get a properly configured machine is a fairly reasonable goal, IMHO. Granted, most of the grunt work had already been done by BlackCH and his bootdisc.

After the process is complete, I plan on cloning the HD, sticking it on a shelf as a "reference/backup". I hope to further experiment after the initial install is complete with vid card injection. I'm currently running on-board video to keep things simple.

Thought I'd going through the steeper learning curve, but I guess you're right. Gotta learn to crawl before I walk.

Installed Windows on a spare drive w/ Everest.

Looking at the DSDT portion of the Everest generated report, can't seem to acquire the necessary 8 digit hex number. Am I looking in the wrong area?

Attached is the Report text

Thats not what I mean. You need to use the 'ACPI Tool' to make a dump (you will get .bin file). Then rename the file to DSDT.aml and decompile it with IASLme. You should end up with a DSDT.dsl that you can open in any text editor

Look at this:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=1343

Also read the whole tread, they explain various ways of getting a DSDT dump

BTW, onboard graphics wont give you any acceleration. IMO Nvidia cards are the most straightforward solution; you can use the graphic enabler from the bootloader; no need to inject any DSDT code

Hello,

I finally got my dsdt.dsl using Fedora Live. It was much easier than installing windows. Just boot the Fedora Live CD (I used Fedora 11), then:

Click on System -> Administration -> Add/Remove Software

Search for iasl and install it

open a terminal window:

cd /proc/acpi

cp dsdt /tmp

cd /tmp

iasl -d dsdt

Then you should have a dsdt.dsl file on /tmp Just grab it and put it on your hackintosh using a USB pen.

Now here's my question. I followed the DSDT patching instructions and replaced the hex number next to BIOS, SystemMemory, but I still can't wake up my hackintosh after putting it to seleep. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Erasmo.

Thats not what I mean. You need to use the 'ACPI Tool' to make a dump (you will get .bin file). Then rename the file to DSDT.aml and decompile it with IASLme. You should end up with a DSDT.dsl that you can open in any text editor

Look at this:

BTW, onboard graphics wont give you any acceleration. IMO Nvidia cards are the most straightforward solution; you can use the graphic enabler from the bootloader; no need to inject any DSDT code

Thanks for the link. I'll play with the machine when I get home after work.

Look at this:

Started re-reading the entire thread. Sorry for being such a noob and missing the obvious reply from another poster. ;)

Now here's my question. I followed the DSDT patching instructions and replaced the hex number next to BIOS, SystemMemory, but I still can't wake up my hackintosh after putting it to seleep. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Erasmo.

First of all you should make a signature so we know what's your setup (BIOS version, CPU, GFX, etc). Then try reading last 25 pages of this thread; all the details are here. Also re-read the guide included in the P5K-VM boot cd; for sure there are some detail you overlooked

More in next post.

Btw, I really need help from you three guys regarding GeekBench. It loads and quits automatically, so I can't benchmark the new results. It began after I;'d applied the 10.6.1 update, and updated the Dyld shared cache using the latest OSX86 tools, and even Cocktail.

The 32bit and 64-Bit intel versions crash. Strangely the PPC version does run and produces results, which are lower than the native Intel versions. I have saved results that I benchmarked before applying the 10.6.1 update.

Ever since, it is that application only which has gone rogue.

Looking forward to answers and more evolutionary inputs from you, me and others.

Regards,

FreakyChokra

Hi All.

Since long, I posted the above error. I finally got the fix.

I fixed my issue with GeekBench crashing since I upgraded from 10.6.0, which was way back!

I read a reply from a Geekbench developer. It was an amazing, and very simple fix.

You got to disable Quartz Extreme (or disable Quartz Debug) using Quartz Debug utility shipped in XCode Developer Tools kit. Though, I don't knwo when it got enabled by default. Coz I don't remember, using OSX86Tools to enable Quartz Extreme. :unsure:

Another thing,

Well, I did speak about the local time fix issue that was bothering certain users till date, even with the RTC fix in the DSDT.aml file. I think it is to fix the time sync problem, right? Or may be I don't know what that code is used for.

However, the fix to time sync problem is our very own BlackCH's LoacalTimeToggle fix, from his xXx 10.5.6 Universal discs. LoacalTimeToggle.pkg.rar

It works fine and has served very well since the past 9 (or 10) months for me.

I'm attaching the extracted .pkg Installer for those who wanna try.

On the other hand, I'm open for feedback and enlightenment on why the Time issue persists, and the use of RTC code block.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra ... psst -> 'the' newbie on C/C++ coding ;)

Using unaltered bikinifarm's v3.3 dsdlt from Post #873. A few things I've found:

1) Sleep doesn't fully work. The hard drive spins down, but cpu fan remains spinning, albeit at a much slower rate. Mouse and keyboard will wake the system. Screen keeps image up on display, but that might simply be due to the fact that I haven't installed a vid card yet. System shuts down and reboots without issues.

2) Processors hover around 58 degress and might spike to about 65, depending on use.

Any thoughts?

Using unaltered bikinifarm's v3.3 dsdlt from Post #873. A few things I've found:

1) Sleep doesn't fully work. The hard drive spins down, but cpu fan remains spinning, albeit at a much slower rate. Mouse and keyboard will wake the system. Screen keeps image up on display, but that might simply be due to the fact that I haven't installed a vid card yet. System shuts down and reboots without issues.

2) Processors hover around 58 degress and might spike to about 65, depending on use.

Any thoughts?

Hi sirchambo.

Fortunately, it is your lucky day!

Because.....

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! SLEEP WORKS! SLEEP WORKS! SLEEP WORKS! :D:dance_24:

Thanx BlackCH, DB1, bikinifarm, and Master Chief! ;)

You are my gods of C programming!

I guess I need to visit your home towns and hold a party where it's just not free beer, but everything included!

I tried this thing, with a thumping heart, should I fry my CPU, I'm not in a position to buy a new one. :gun:

Yet, I treaded carefully and figured out the P-States from the P-State Calculator, using my own values, not the auto-feed

values that P-State calc takes or shows automatically.

post-18224-1272814160_thumb.png

I'll put in the lines of code asap, so DB1 and master chief can study them, and confirm that my CPU won't be fried, like in few days. ;)

I've checked using Voodoo Power and Voodoo Monitor App. It isn't actually much accurate. But it did show me the Speedstep figures. Then, I tried the Mark-i app, it is as good as ASUS PC Probe. It's more real-time than anything else.

There are a couple of more things that need to be done, to enable sleep support. USB Jumpers is definite must/requirement.

I thought I had placed caps on all sets of jumpers, (but I didn't remember!) but I had not switched jumpers on pins 2-3 of all 4 (four) sets of USB +5VSB jumper points. SO?

Well, the system went to sleep, but would not RESUME /WAKE up.

So opened the cabinet, did the switching, and rebooted. Enabled SpeedStep and Enhanced C1E and Set the Multiplier to Auto instead of Maximum value = 11, in the BIOS. My CPU (too) is unlocked.

Booted to Snow Leo. Ran Voodoo monitor. It defaulted to showing me the lowest of the 6 P-States that I have fed into the DSDT.aml file. There was 1 single compilation error, when I used the 3.3 version, later.... I'd to comment out few lines to eliminate that error.

I hope DB1 or BlackCH or Master Chief can help me in sorting out that issue. Coz I've kinda mixed up a lot of DSDT files from across the forum. And, kinda misplaced the minimally modded 3.1 DSDT variant.

Anyways, I re-ran all the above mentioned apps. Opened Terminal. Typed in yes command. I think it is some test loop thing.

I had ran 6 of those in 6 different Terminal instances simultanesouly.

The load increased, shooting the temperature from 36 ℃entigrade to maximum of 58 ℃entigrade.

However, as soon as I quite the last, the CPU speed dropped backt o the lowest of the 6 P-States. 1998 MHz. The Max is 3663 MHz or 3.67 Ghz. You can see in my signature. Core2Duo 2.93 GHz OCed..... etc. etc.

Lastly, the acid test. I closed all running applications. ESET etc. and then clicked on sleep.

Observed the CPU cabinet's light blinking, mouse laser still on (it is on anyways, right?). and the display go off into minimal VESA power saving mode. waited for 2 minutes.

Moved the mouse, clicked one left click, and pressed the Space bar on my Mac Aluminum full sized wired Keyboard.

I think it took about 15 seconds, but the OS resumed! It DID! It DID! It DID! <--- pardon the caps today, please! ;):thumbsup_anim:

Upon resuming, I checked -> most devices were functional. Even the China-make Bluetooth dongle. Sound too, graphics working perfectly... Earlier the glitches in Dashboard as reported in several posts, even I had posted the glitch... Weren't seen anymore.

And, I'm posting all this since it has resumed from sleep mode.

I hope that, it is all working and doesn't lead to any blow ups or fry ups! :whistle:

I'd be happy if you guys could disassemble my DSDT and look at the commented lines that gave a syntax error during compilation. Without those, I have a new SpeedStepping + SleepEnabled DSDT.

Now, I'm last trying to achieve 5.1 audio output. I have Quadrophonic output. Using the Green and Black output jacks.

The Orange Centre out still is not functional. Can it be finally enabled?

Ok.. enough of the joy!

Dear sirchambo, can you post your current Snow Leopard DSDT, and the stock DSDT extracted from Windows?

Then, I'll take it forward from there. And along with that you'd need to post your Ps-state screen shot using Voodoo monitor.

I'll be glad to contribute further.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Hi sirchambo.

Fortunately, it is your lucky day!

Because.....

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! SLEEP WORKS! SLEEP WORKS! SLEEP WORKS! ;);)

Thanx BlackCH, DB1, bikinifarm, and Master Chief! ;)

You are my gods of C programming!

I guess I need to visit your home towns and hold a party where it's just not free beer, but everything included!

I tried this thing, with a thumping heart, should I fry my CPU, I'm not in a position to buy a new one. :gun:

Yet, I treaded carefully and figured out the P-States from the P-State Calculator, using my own values, not the auto-feed

values that P-State calc takes or shows automatically.

post-18224-1272814160_thumb.png

I'll put in the lines of code asap, so DB1 and master chief can study them, and confirm that my CPU won't be fried, like in few days. ;)

I've checked using Voodoo Power and Voodoo Monitor App. It isn't actually much accurate. But it did show me the Speedstep figures. Then, I tried the Mark-i app, it is as good as ASUS PC Probe. It's more real-time than anything else.

There are a couple of more things that need to be done, to enable sleep support. USB Jumpers is definite must/requirement.

I thought I had placed caps on all sets of jumpers, (but I didn't remember!) but I had not switched jumpers on pins 2-3 of all 4 (four) sets of USB +5VSB jumper points. SO?

Well, the system went to sleep, but would not RESUME /WAKE up.

So opened the cabinet, did the switching, and rebooted. Enabled SpeedStep and Enhanced C1E and Set the Multiplier to Auto instead of Maximum value = 11, in the BIOS. My CPU (too) is unlocked.

Booted to Snow Leo. Ran Voodoo monitor. It defaulted to showing me the lowest of the 6 P-States that I have fed into the DSDT.aml file. There was 1 single compilation error, when I used the 3.3 version, later.... I'd to comment out few lines to eliminate that error.

I hope DB1 or BlackCH or Master Chief can help me in sorting out that issue. Coz I've kinda mixed up a lot of DSDT files from across the forum. And, kinda misplaced the minimally modded 3.1 DSDT variant.

Anyways, I re-ran all the above mentioned apps. Opened Terminal. Typed in yes command. I think it is some test loop thing.

I had ran 6 of those in 6 different Terminal instances simultanesouly.

The load increased, shooting the temperature from 36 ℃entigrade to maximum of 58 ℃entigrade.

However, as soon as I quite the last, the CPU speed dropped backt o the lowest of the 6 P-States. 1998 MHz. The Max is 3663 MHz or 3.67 Ghz. You can see in my signature. Core2Duo 2.93 GHz OCed..... etc. etc.

Lastly, the acid test. I closed all running applications. ESET etc. and then clicked on sleep.

Observed the CPU cabinet's light blinking, mouse laser still on (it is on anyways, right?). and the display go off into minimal VESA power saving mode. waited for 2 minutes.

Moved the mouse, clicked one left click, and pressed the Space bar on my Mac Aluminum full sized wired Keyboard.

I think it took about 15 seconds, but the OS resumed! It DID! It DID! It DID! <--- pardon the caps today, please! ;) ;)

Upon resuming, I checked -> most devices were functional. Even the China-make Bluetooth dongle. Sound too, graphics working perfectly... Earlier the glitches in Dashboard as reported in several posts, even I had posted the glitch... Weren't seen anymore.

And, I'm posting all this since it has resumed from sleep mode.

I hope that, it is all working and doesn't lead to any blow ups or fry ups! :whistle:

I'd be happy if you guys could disassemble my DSDT and look at the commented lines that gave a syntax error during compilation. Without those, I have a new SpeedStepping + SleepEnabled DSDT.

Now, I'm last trying to achieve 5.1 audio output. I have Quadrophonic output. Using the Green and Black output jacks.

The Orange Centre out still is not functional. Can it be finally enabled?

Ok.. enough of the joy!

Dear sirchambo, can you post your current Snow Leopard DSDT, and the stock DSDT extracted from Windows?

Then, I'll take it forward from there. And along with that you'd need to post your Ps-state screen shot using Voodoo monitor.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Hey man when i look your screenshot of voodoomonitor i realized that i have same values.... can you please share your dsdt ssdt please?

or write how and where you modified your c and p states? right now i have dumped ssdt tables but i dont know how to modify them... thanks!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Attached are my Windows ACPI dump from Everest and the dsdt from post #873 that's unaltered that I'm using.

Thanks in advance for looking through.

Q6600_v3.3.zip

acpi_dsdt.zip

Attached are my Windows ACPI dump from Everest and the dsdt from post #873 that's unaltered that I'm using.

Thanks in advance for looking through.

I'm pretty certain on board video is causing your sleep problems, you need to get yourself an nVidia card.

Is your "OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)" in the dsdt same as the one extracted via winduz - I cant check from the file.

The temperature problem is strange are you sure you have a Q6600, If you have the speed stepping values should be correct.

I'm pretty certain on board video is causing your sleep problems, you need to get yourself an nVidia card.

Is your "OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)" in the dsdt same as the one extracted via winduz - I cant check from the file.

The temperature problem is strange are you sure you have a Q6600, If you have the speed stepping values should be correct.

Here's the decompiled dump.

"OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)" looks ok.

dsdt.aml.zip

dsdt.dsl.zip

I can take a look into. I've managed to get sleep working without any kext.

Hi valv.

Thanks in advance for helping out. Here is my attached .DSL file.

Importantly, 2 things:

1st]

I've Used P-States calculator and the first SpeedStep line is based on what you seen in this screen shot:

The TDP value is at 75W, as against its default (maybe read or derived) value of 65W

Voltage levels begin from 1.450V decreasing till 1.300V in both the voltage fields.

I hope it doesn't fry the CPU. I did it coz i've extreme OC'ed my rig from 2.93 -> 3.67 GHz.

2nd]

The lines that formed the error during compilation too I'm posting here. They're commented out using C type /* */ brackets. At least that's something I remembered studying for this week's exams. :unsure: LOLZ!

The lines are between line numbers: 2436 -> 2467. AS per TextWrangler.

The code is this:

/*                DWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
                   0x00000000,         // Granularity
                   0x00000000,         // Range Minimum
                   0x00000000,         // Range Maximum
                   0x00000000,         // Translation Offset
                   0x00000000,         // Length
                   ,, _Y12, AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)
*/
           })
           CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MIN, MIN5)
           CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MAX, MAX5)
           CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._LEN, LEN5)
/*            CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y12._MIN, MIN6)
           CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y12._MAX, MAX6)
           CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y12._LEN, LEN6)
*/
           Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Store (MG1L, Local0)
               If (Local0)
               {
                   Store (MG1B, MIN5)
                   Store (MG1L, LEN5)
                   Add (MIN5, Decrement (Local0), MAX5)
               }

/*                Store (MG2B, MIN6)
               Store (MG2L, LEN6)
               Store (MG2L, Local0)
               Add (MIN6, Decrement (Local0), MAX6)
               Return (CRS)
*/

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

PS: I just finished writing the reply and for some strange reason, the forum doesn't allow me to upload the 80KB .DSL file and the 56KB .png screenshot.

I dunno why? How can I post the files here or send them to you, Valv?

Strange thing. I tried uploading. It shows an error. But then, file comes up attached. Strange very Strange.

Both the files:

DSDT: dsdt_FreakyChokra.dsl.zip

1st P-State screenshot: post-18224-1272858920_thumb.png

@freaky chokra and valv

We've sleep working without any kexts for months. Also there has been an extensive work on the P5K-VM DSDT (based on master chief's P5K-pro DSDT).

You guys are posting stuff that has been already discussed here. Better read the whole tread before posting

Dont flood the topic with unnecessary info/post

@freaky chokra and valv

We've sleep working without any kexts for months. Also there has been an extensive work on the P5K-VM DSDT (based on master chief's P5K-pro DSDT).

You guys are posting stuff that has been already discussed here. Better read the whole tread before posting

sorry, was not the goal

Edit: post removed

@freaky chokra and valv

Respected Sir BlackCH.

My apologies for making a flood out of it. Was not the intention. I just tried something new, and very risky (for me) and hence, had posted the results. -_-

Just informing you -> I'd gone through all the 51 pages on Sunday 2nd May, before tinkering with the Sleepenabler and SpeedStep codes in the DSDT. Well, I'd always used the 3.1 version DSDT ever since you made it.

But I'd dare not gone through using the P-States declaration. Just till date, appended you code right beneath my CPU info derived from Everest in Windows. :whistle:

However, I'll be re-editing my DSDT to make it efficient as my SnowLeo is crashing since today morning.

I want to optimize it and make it crash proof. Just as I solved the Geekbench issue. :thumbsup_anim:

Another thing I observed, and learnt in the process. :dance_24:

I tried editing the Stocks.widget -> to get faster updates. Some requirement of an acquaintance. Default is slowest 20 minutes, fastest is 5 minutes.

There is a Stocks.js JScript inside it. If we change "a" particular value such that it gets the fastest updates from Yahoo! Finance servers, (it works btw!), the CPU Usage skyrockets to 80%. And so does the temperature too!

Is that supposed to happen? Even though the retrieval of quote info is Internet packets, Why does CPU usage jump? :whistle:

Nevertheless,

Thanks for all your inputs, yet so far. I'm really obliged, since you came out with xXx 10.5.6 version.

It is my life saver! :pirate2:

I shall keep to not posting unnecessarily, Respected BlackCH.

Sir, but can you please help me out. Please? I've requested several times. And even tried all the HDEF code in DSDT you all have posted, etc. Even using the KEXT files from your pre-install CD image. etc.

But how can I get the centre channel out? Please? The rest output is very nice. But just this. I miss essential audio out which has separate centre channel. I've test the onboard front audio out. It works. So am I supposed to plug-in my centre channel audio cord there to get the 5.1 systems centre speaker working?

Lastly,

Heartfelt Thanks & Regards,

Freaky Chokra

But how can I get the centre channel out? Please? The rest output is very nice. But just this. I miss essential audio out which has separate centre channel. I've test the onboard front audio out. It works. So am I supposed to plug-in my centre channel audio cord there to get the 5.1 systems centre speaker working?

Right, you asked that before a couple of times already. Theres no solution for it. Audio is currently working like that: two outputs on the back, one on the front connector, spdif out. its enough for most on us.

About how to enable speedstep; it has also been explained this thread, in the main "native speedstep" thread (that you should read) and even in the readme that comes with the P5K-VM boot cd.

If you get crashes is very likely you have done things wrong. Read again and follow to the letter Sir.

Right, you asked that before a couple of times already. Theres no solution for it. Audio is currently working like that: two outputs on the back, one on the front connector, spdif out. its enough for most on us.

About how to enable speedstep; it has also been explained this thread, in the main "native speedstep" thread (that you should read) and even in the readme that comes with the P5K-VM boot cd.

If you get crashes is very likely you have done things wrong. Read again and follow to the letter Sir.

Thanks! Thanks BlackCH!

Now, atleast I'll stop fiddling with the DSDT and HDA kexts, coz now I know SL doesn't give centre out! :wacko::D:wallbash: Only VoodooHDA did.

BTW, the VoodooHDA version2.61 is out. 64 bit for SL. But needs some editing by defining codec verbs in its plist file.

I wonder if anyone is up to trying it. It is working for almost all codecs, as per people in projectosx forum.

About:

Is it possible to switch the node or pin ID of the Front headphones Out -> The Rear Orange Centre Out? :wallbash:

I dunno if that's a stupid question, but was wondering, if that could be possible. Or even editing in P5K-VM.kext plist.

Just wondering...... ^_^=Me :jester::tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :

Your second suggestion. -> Yups... It does! that's what I meant, and proceeded to edit the DSDT only after I went through all the 900+ posts. I was reading everything on Sunday. -_-:gun:

Even your PDF file in the boot disc. :angel:

Lastly, when I said my SnowLeo is crashing it was due to:

a] Citrix App's kext

b] Removal of NullCPUPowerManagement -> to try native speedstep and see how it effects any sleep modes/capabilities, etc. Just trying out stuff.

c] modified DSDT to include AnV's new fakeSMC implementation of ALS0 and SMS0 functions.

Which for a desktop are only cosmetic, gets you options in System Preferences for hardware that isn't present and not going to be of any use.

It caused the AppleSMC kext to crash and render my rig unbootable. that was the problem. It is solved. You can probably check out the details in HERE for any future reference.

Post all that several issues on crashing were due to trials and tests on AnV's new booter, from valv's thread.

There's my input on it too, and the situations that caused the crashing.

But, it is solved now.

Anyhow, thanks a million for your precious input, Sir.

Respect & Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Hey man when i look your screenshot of voodoomonitor i realized that i have same values.... can you please share your dsdt ssdt please?

or write how and where you modified your c and p states? right now i have dumped ssdt tables but i dont know how to modify them... thanks!

Hi nomaj. Pardonez moi for the delayed reply. Been caught up with few other things. Here and Work. ;)

I've not yet fiddled with SSDT functions.

But, you can go through my recent DSDT.

HERE: FreakyChokra_DSDT.zip

Regards,

Freaky Chokra ;)

Here's the decompiled dump.

"OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)" looks ok.

Bump. Can I get another set of eyes? Seems like I have this copied properly. Much appreciated.

Hi sirchambo.

While going through your DSDT, I found that the code values as seen above is different from the actual value derived by Everest in Windows.

I'd like to add while I'm working on your DSDT, given that you are using onboard GFX, are you using the floppy disc drive?

What other devices are you using or have enabled in the BIOS. That way I can incorporate such in the DSDT.

And, LAST most IMP thing -> have you switched the USB +5VSB jumpers as guided by DB1?

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :tomato:

Edited by Freaky Chokra

Hi nomaj. Pardonez moi for the delayed reply. Been caught up with few other things. Here and Work. ;)

I've not yet fiddled with SSDT functions.

But, you can go through my recent DSDT.

HERE: FreakyChokra_DSDT.zip

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :whistle:

My DSDT has both the .AML & the .DSL file. It also has the recent implementation of ALS0 and SMS0 functions as specified by AnV (andy).

Hi sirchambo.

While going through your DSDT, I found that the code values as seen above is different from the actual value derived by Everest in Windows.

I'd like to add while I'm working on your DSDT, given that you are using onboard GFX, are you using the floppy disc drive?

What other devices are you using or have enabled in the BIOS. That way I can incorporate such in the DSDT.

And, LAST most IMP thing -> have you switched the USB +5VSB jumpers as guided by DB1?

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :blink:

Dear sirchambo.

Here are your fixed DSDT files with SpeedSteping for your Q6600, based on my DSDT which is a modified/appended DSDT v3.2

DSDT.DSl as well as the DSDT.AML:Sirchambo_DSDT_Edited_FreakyChokra.zip

Hope this works for you.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :robot:

Edited by Freaky Chokra

My DSDT has both the .AML & the .DSL file. It also has the recent implementation of ALS0 and SMS0 functions as specified by AnV (andy).

Dear sirchambo.

Here are your fixed DSDT files with SpeedSteping for your Q6600, based on my DSDT which is a modified/appended DSDT v3.2

DSDT.DSl as well as the DSDT.AML:Sirchambo_DSDT_Edited_FreakyChokra.zip

Hope this works for you.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :(

-USB jumpers have been set as to BlackCH's guide

-downloaded and renamed both .aml .dsl to the proper file names and replaced the version on my machine.

-results have the processor down about 5 degrees to about 53-55, still high compared to when under Windows.

-USB jumpers have been set as to BlackCH's guide

-downloaded and renamed both .aml .dsl to the proper file names and replaced the version on my machine.

-results have the processor down about 5 degrees to about 53-55, still high compared to when under Windows.

How much low temperature does your Windows report? What version of Win?

Well, I've changed the DSDT as per the P-States as already specified there by you.

Nevertheless, you can post a screenshot of P-States using voodoopstates.kext, voodooMonitor and P-States calculator, without the Intel SpeedStep enabled in the BIOS. All CPU settings set "Manually".

Then we could arrive at a improvised DSDT.

Now, Coz even I am going to bit improvise my DSDT today, and implement few SpeedStepping changes.

Attach the said files and let's see what more can be done. :ninja:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :pirate2:

Dear sirchambo.

DSDT.DSl as well as the DSDT.AML:

Hope this works for you.

There are ALREADY some DSDT files customized for Q6600 posted in the thread (that also has been tested).

This two for example:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394989

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1426014