Xbox 360 on iMac?

icanic

13 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Not to my knowledge, no.

I searched fruitlessly for ages trying to figure out how to do what you're describing, except with a PowerBook G4.

Elgato do do a program which allows you to do this, but after contacting the tech guys at elgato, it seems the lag is too great for it to work properly.

I just bit the bullet and decided to by a new TV (my old one wouldn't work at 60Hz).

Luckily for me a family member gave me one that they never used!

Hope this is some help!

• 2 weeks later...

I think apple should really do something about it.

I mean...having such a great monitor with no inputs at all is really bad :(

I guess they wanna make us buy cinema.

btw, hey Icanic! long time no see friend :D

I took this directly from their website.

Can I connect my PlayStation/Wii/XBox 360 to EyeTV 200?

You can, but playing on the EyeTV display won’t be much fun since the MPEG decoding mechanism currently employed by EyeTV introduces a delay of about 1.5 seconds. In other words, it always takes about 1.5 seconds before the results of a game controller command are displayed in the EyeTV window. EyeTV is a great solution to record your gameplay though.

EyeTV Wonder and EyeTV EZ have a very small delay (a fraction of a second), and therefore are suitable for video game play.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, as you can tell Im new here, just got my iMac 24" the other day, so sick, but this topic touches on what Ive been trying to do for a long time. To be able to connect my 360 to my iMac would be the greatest, but do you HAVE TO use the eyetv, or can you just use a mini-DVI to VGA adaptor? Or even, mini-DVI to DVI-I, then to a DVI-I to VGA adaptor?

If you have an old iMac around (Rev C.) you can do some easy modding to do this. I turned my iMac G3 into a new computer monitor, and I can say, it looks pleasingly good! There's nothing much to do anyway, just swap the D-Sub cables! :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

I mean...having such a great monitor with no inputs at all is really bad :blink:

Thats the only reason I built my hackintosh instead of buying a new 24" iMac when they came out last year, makes no sense to spend on such a nice screen that you can't plug anything else into, I got a Benq FP241w instead, bloody glad I did as well.