leopard welcome wallpaper and Leopard into movie HI-Quality

vitti

24 posts in this topic

Hmmm. My video is not 1200x800... It's 960x540.

This is Apple's "Large" preset in iMovie (an area, it's a quarter of 1080p)

Maybe it's not the right one, but your screenshot appears stretched, and mine is pristine at the smaller size.

http://www.hazkid.com/leo/leo.htm

On that page is a rapidshare link.

Hmmm. My video is not 1200x800... It's 960x540.

This is Apple's "Large" preset in iMovie (an area, it's a quarter of 1080p)

Maybe it's not the right one, but your screenshot appears stretched, and mine is pristine at the smaller size.

http://www.hazkid.com/leo/leo.htm

On that page is a rapidshare link.

Crud. That's the size I used except I had it full screen and stretched it to fit the screen. Unless I unlock quicktime and save it as a mpeg 4 maybe it will have better quality.

Vitti-I compared your screenshot with my video scaled up. with at the right frame, they were exactly the same. I am 98% sure that this is the actual 527 video (not re-encoded).

We'll find out for sure soon, (I hope!).

here is a edited one. I reduced the noise a bit (blotches) and sharpened it. but until i unlock quicktime. thats the best I can do, unless someone has better photo editing skills than me...

and where is "here"?

No, now I'm certain that 960x540 is the full resolution video. And if you really want QT pro, get the code from an Apple Store (it's in system prefernces on any of the computers). Though I'm pround to say I bought it. It was the best $30 I've ever spent.

I can't confirm this, as I don't have 527, but in Tiger, it was located in

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro.mov

No, now I'm certain that 960x540 is the full resolution video. And if you really want QT pro, get the code from an Apple Store (it's in system prefernces on any of the computers). Though I'm pround to say I bought it. It was the best $30 I've ever spent.
Actually the video is 1008x630.

960x540 = 16:9 = 1.66666

1008x630 = 16:10 = 1.6

Modern computer screens: 16:10

iMovie preset: 960x540 (1/4 of 1080p)

If the video is designed to play in fullscreen, 16:10 is infinitely more likely. But 1008x630 is just such a weird size to encode the video in. I would have thought the best would be 1680x1050, as that's the resolution of a 20" monitor (the most common resolution on a Mac).

I can't confirm this, as I don't have 527, but in Tiger, it was located in

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro.mov

Its the same in 9a527. the audio and video are seperate thou.