Universal GeForce Driver package

Prawker

172 posts in this topic

Ok, I ran the installer through in hopes of getting better 3D performance after a successful 10.4.10 upgrade via the koolkal installer. (From this post.)

The only complaint I had after the 10.4.10 update was that 3D performance in World of Warcraft seemed a little sluggish, hence the attempt at new video drivers as I had been using Titan by itself for quite a while with no issues.

It turns out it (I think) updates to WoW itself has caused the drop in FPS because after doing a few XBench tests the system is indeed performing marginally better in all aspects, (Quartz / OpenGL included) since my initial 10.4.8 tests after installing this driver pack.

So, I can confrim that yes on my setup, (Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Asus P5B (standard), Nvidia 7600GT | Mac Os X 10.4.8 Jas SSE3 Intel Only - Koolkal 10.4.10 Combo Update SSE3 Only | Titan / RTL1xxx_1.02 / AppleAzaliaAudio (2ch)) the installer works and I still have full Quartz/3D though no real change performance wise.

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:

Chipset Model:	NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0391
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
L1919S:
 Resolution:	1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
 Rotation:	Supported
Display:

Now, I'm assuming that's because this installer comes with Titan anyway and since I was already running Titan basically not much has changed. Except that now if I take a look at the system log, where before was only Titan I've noticed that NVDA is failing and Titan looks like it's being loaded twice even though there is definitely only one copy of the kext in Sys../Lib../Extensions

Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::probe(display)
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: By omni, built November 4, 2006
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: Testing for NVidia card...
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: Found NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: All set, cross your fingers!
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1>
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1> failed
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::probe(display)
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: By omni, built November 4, 2006
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: Testing for NVidia card...
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: Found NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: Titan: All set, cross your fingers!
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1>
Oct 23 15:06:46 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

Any idea what is going on? Or is this expected for this card, faling back on Titan?

I'm guessing that the Nvidia kexts the installer added arn't quite setup for this card? I'm not too sure where I'd start with that and have no idea why Titan is referenced twice. That never used to happen and dual screen which never worked before still doesn't work (Second monitor never get's picked up once the gui starts.).

If I can give any extra info that would help just let me know and I'd be happy to give what I can. Would be nice to get this working without errors and perhaps dual screen :D

Appreciated.

Mediafire seems to be having some issues tonight... It should be back up in a day or two, meanwhile, if someone has the file (i dont :)) feel free to upload it and host it elsewhere, or send it to xownagex and they will host it as stated above.

feel free to email it to xownagex@gmail.com, afterwards I'll post a perm linkI have a 256mb 7300le pcie card...every time I install natit, or titan I get no video at all, and without any of them I get awful res on my vg2230wmDidn't you create this prawker?

I installed the files (by dumping them onto the Extensions folder) and rebooted my Dell Inspiron 5160 with the nVidia FX Go 5200 64vram video hardware, and instantly be able to increase the screen back to the full resolution (1400x12xx), which also solved the problems of weird ghosting of dragging and scrolling windows. However, the performance became very sluggish, especially in mouse/cursor movements, moving stuff around, etc, the overall performance dropped dramatically. I lowered the resolution back to 1024x768, still the same. I wonder if it has to do with C.I. and Q.E... Does anyone (who has the same nVidia hardware) have the same issues?

Mostly importantly, is there a way to gain back performance, I am willing to loose the resolution?

Thanks in advance!!

and heres the perm link I said I'd put up for it :blink:Perm DL Link

ok it didn't work for me....got the gray apple screen, then no signal...I wonder if my devid is different or something, and if anyone can help me out, I don't remember how to get my device id in osx, I remember how for linux and doze, but not osx...

and heres the perm link I said I'd put up for it :)Perm DL Link

ok it didn't work for me....got the gray apple screen, then no signal...I wonder if my devid is different or something, and if anyone can help me out, I don't remember how to get my device id in osx, I remember how for linux and doze, but not osx...

I read somewhere that you could use Property List Editor to retrieve it, but exactly how, I still don't know.

If you can boot into -s, try and remove the kexts that this installed, this will drop you back down to vesa mode.

use these commands:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf GeForce*

rm -rf NV*

reboot with -f (only have to do this once)

OK This is odd, I installed it, and after the gray apple screen, I got no video signal, so I booted to single user mode..and deleted the GeForce files and the NV files, now it recognizes my video card as a 7300le it actualls says that's what it is, but when I try to set my resolution to 1680x1050x32 it still wont display in that resolution...anyone have any ideas?

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x01d1

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

I have a ViewSonic vg2230wm and I want to display in the native resolution, I think I just need to turn on QE/CI how do I do it

Here's what I have for my Device id in Info.plist for NVDANV40Hal.kext

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x004010de&0xfff0ffff 0x00f010de&0xfff0ffff 0x022010de&0xfff0ffff 0x014010de&0xfff0ffff 0x016010de&0xfff0ffff 0x009010de&0xfff0ffff 0x01d010de&0xfff0ffff 0x039010de&0xfff0ffff 0x029010de&0xfff0ffff 0x02e010de&0xfff0ffff 0x032610de&0xfff0ffff 0x016710de&0xfff0ffff 0x016110de&0xfff0ffff 0x039110de&0xfff0ffff 0x032210de&0xfff0fff 0x032210de 0x039210de 0x004110de 0x039110de 0x016710de 0x00c310de 0x01df10de 0x004510de 0x00F610de 0x032610de 0x02e010de 0x014010de 0x02e110de 0x004010de&0xfff0ffff 0x00f010de&0xfff0ffff 0x022010de&0xfff0ffff 0x014010de&0xfff0ffff 0x016010de&0xfff0ffff 0x009010de&0xfff0ffff 0x01d010de&0xfff0ffff 0x039010de&0xfff0ffff 0x029010de&0xfff0ffff 0x01d110de</string>

I edit the file after the install before the restart...what am I doing wrong here? are there other files I should be editing?

If you can boot into -s, try and remove the kexts that this installed, this will drop you back down to vesa mode.

use these commands:

rm -rf GeForce*

rm -rf NV*

Thanks, that fixed it, but is there any way to get my 6600go(TE) to work with quartz extreme? I am on 10.4.7 as 10.4.8 has a display problem.. when I scroll the text gets messed up and corrupt looking and it smears. < anyway to fix that also?

Thanks, that fixed it, but is there any way to get my 6600go(TE) to work with quartz extreme? I am on 10.4.7 as 10.4.8 has a display problem.. when I scroll the text gets messed up and corrupt looking and it smears. < anyway to fix that also?

You may want to try the TITAN 2 package, but that's what happened to my lap, Dell Inspiron 5160 (FX Go 5200), with the smearing and tearing whenever I drag something or scroll. After I installed this GeForce package, I was able to change resolution, and all the smearing disappreared, however the machine became very sluggish and the cursor would jump randomly when I moved the mouse, as if something messed up the timing or something... So I uninstalled and actually reinstalled the machine again from scratch with JaS 10.4.8 SSE 2. Installed a TITAN 2 package, it worked, with resolution changes, and no smearing, but the cursor jump and slow responsiveness returned.

You may want to try the TITAN 2 package, but that's what happened to my lap, Dell Inspiron 5160 (FX Go 5200), with the smearing and tearing whenever I drag something or scroll. After I installed this GeForce package, I was able to change resolution, and all the smearing disappreared, however the machine became very sluggish and the cursor would jump randomly when I moved the mouse, as if something messed up the timing or something... So I uninstalled and actually reinstalled the machine again from scratch with JaS 10.4.8 SSE 2. Installed a TITAN 2 package, it worked, with resolution changes, and no smearing, but the cursor jump and slow responsiveness returned.

Where can I find the TITAN 2 package? Natit 0.1 and 0.2 and the regular TITAN all produce a messed up screen after the grey apple loading screen. It goes black and then multicolors.

Not working after changing the device id (0x00c8) get that error after the gray apple screen when loading the loginwindow app. However as mentioned before System profiler labels the full name of the card (NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800) .... ohhh what a pitty... would be nice to get this working.

I tried to install G80Installer on my 10.4.10 AMD tubgirl, but after i installed it, my system doesn't go... It don't found my GFX card (XFX 8800GTX 768mb) and after line in the shell about login window application, it write something like hardware not supported... I tried to install it with and without the nividia fix present in the G80Installer

ABIT KN8 Ultra

AMD Opteron Dual Core

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 758Mb

Any ideas to install it?

Where can I find the TITAN 2 package? Natit 0.1 and 0.2 and the regular TITAN all produce a messed up screen after the grey apple loading screen. It goes black and then multicolors.

I made a mistake in naming the TITAN package with a 2, it turned out that I actually unzipped two copies of the same package, and the folder was automatically renamed with a 2 at the end. My apologies.

I don't know much about your machine but when I disabled 1 CPU, it fixed my problem of the mouse stuttering and jumping, and I am not sure if you could do the same and it could fix your problem. Perhaps its worth a try.

Have you heard of the package "Alllaptop.zip" ? There are only 3 files in the zip archive, and only 1 of the file is needed to make my video hardware to get its full resolution with no smearing, tearing when you drag and scroll stuffs, and that's what I am using on my machine. If you need me to post the file, let me know, it may be worth the try.

After all, I had reinstalled my Macspiron with the JaS 10.4.8 more than 15 times in order to get it working properly.

use these commands:

rm -rf GeForce*

rm -rf NV*

Ive tried this but I keep getting "file is read only"

how I get past this?