dv5000 installation problems

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, new user and i have been trying to dual boot Mac OSX with my current Windows XP on my dv5000 laptop using "Mac OS X 10.4.6 Install DVD (JaS)".

Specs:

Intel Core Duo @1.66ghz

1 gb RAM

Nvidia geforce go 7400

Anyway ive set up settings as found in the Vmware to Dual Boot guide i found on this website (which was very clear might i add) and have stumbled upon this error:

"Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device."

I searched through dozens of topics, yet have never been able to determind a straight answer as to what is wrong!

Is there another method or settings which can help fix this error message or is there something wrong with my OSX version.

I have managed to get to the gray apple screen with the spinning loading sign but to no avail.

Any help would be great!

EDIT: might i also add that the last lines in my log from the installion are:

Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88, trying/sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 88

Anyone?