Xpostfacto issues - iMac 233

jotokun

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger on my Rev. A imac, but XpostFacto doesnt see my install CD as bootable... how can I make it bootable so I can install tiger?

EDIT: I dont know if its relevent, but I had to convert them from DMG to ISO format so I could burn them on my pc. I've had bad luck wiht DMG2ISO, and heard that it had to be converted on a mac. So in 10.2, I did this in the terminal to convert:

hdiutil convert /path/to/filename.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/to/savefile.iso

Does this also mess up the ability to boot? If so, how can I convert them so I CAN burn them w/ nero?

I FINALY got it to start booting. What I did was I formated my drive into two partitions, and coppied my instalation cd's files to the first partion, os9 on the second. I then blessed the first partion, booted into 9, and used xpostfacto. But, it starts to boot into the 10.4 install, when you see the mouse with the blue background, it stays there for a bit, and then it drops back into the terminal-like thing and says,

syncing disks...

continuing
done 
Halting CPU

then it shuts off. In the time that the mouse is up, you can move it, and if you move it fast enough, you get the beachball cursor. Can anyone help me get it to stay up? Nothing I seem to do in xpostfacto helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I've got exactly the same problem with a lime iMac 266 with a Daystar G4 upgrade card.

Did you ever managed to solve your case? Did you quit trying? How large was the memory of your machine?

Thanks a lot for any help!

I FINALY got it to start booting. What I did was I formated my drive into two partitions, and coppied my instalation cd's files to the first partion, os9 on the second. I then blessed the first partion, booted into 9, and used xpostfacto. But, it starts to boot into the 10.4 install, when you see the mouse with the blue background, it stays there for a bit, and then it drops back into the terminal-like thing and says,

syncing disks...

continuing
done 
Halting CPU

then it shuts off. In the time that the mouse is up, you can move it, and if you move it fast enough, you get the beachball cursor. Can anyone help me get it to stay up? Nothing I seem to do in xpostfacto helps.