Official Dell Inspiron 1501 Guide

aross6

227 posts in this topic

Still cant get past Grey Screen. Anyone know??
Sorry... like I said, I have no experience w/ triple or quad boot! Weird it's not giving you any kind of recognizable error though!

See if you can boot Mac OSX in VMWare (possibly w/ the OsX86 disc in the DVD Drive), and then go from there...

I'm getting "diskarb" errors when I boot. It's a loop of messages that can occur for up to a minute. It should show in verbose mode on boot. Is anyone else getting these messages?
Sure am... I just disregard them tho!

But because of those errors, it's taking up to a minute longer to boot. I think it might be due to ezmo's kext...

Check out this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32299

jacksont123, you should be truly happy our PCs boot natively in the first place! The diskarb errors don't affect system performance so if I were you I'd just leave it be... 60 seconds is only 60 seconds, meaning it's not worth the time exploring this problem to uncover a fix just to obtain a 60 second bump in boot time...

The diskarb problem probably is inherant to Tuxxer/Emzo's kext, but there is now way I'm going to alter that thing in the least bit (seeing how it's the key to getting our systems to boot natively and all!)

more importantly we need to find solutions for:

-sleeping

-QE/CI

-builtin sd card reader functionality

Sleeping would be nice but it's not a big deal for me...

QE/CI would be SWEET, that should be the real focus!

Built-in SD Card Reader would be really really really nice!

Output for headphones working would be rockin' as well!

Output for headphones working would be rockin' as well!

My headphone output works.

I'm guessing sleeping goes hand in hand with the QE problem.

Does anyone else's 10.4.10 seem to be running too hot? I might try installing the heat fix kext, but I'm not really sure if it's running that much hotter than in windows.

My headphone output works.

How did you fix the problem? Mine works, but there's still sound coming out of the speakers.

Does anyone else's 10.4.10 seem to be running too hot? I might try installing the heat fix kext, but I'm not really sure if it's running that much hotter than in windows.

It's somewhat hot, but more warm than Windows®.

Yea thats what he's saying,

that is what is suppose to happen btw =) , guess you got a problem there :X

Yea that's what's supposed to happen, but on our systems it doesn't.... what is he doing to make the difference .javi???

Oh wow, you're right about the sound. I swear it didn't do that when I had 10.4.9 installed though. The first night I insalled OS X I fell asleep with my head phones and checked to make sure that it wasn't happening because I'd heard about it. {censored}. I guess I haven't noticed since because I use an M-Audio USB card regularly.

Did I also understand it right that after step 17 I should shutdown Mac OSX within VMWare first and then shutdown XP?
Yes, you are understanding that correctly

What are your system specs?

Are you repairing permissions on your Mac OSX partition?