NEW UPDATE TO 9A500N

dyemaniac

116 posts in this topic

EDIT

Firefox:

same speed. Crashes if Command>Save is used.

Still get that annoying dialog asking to download the unix file for flashgot.

iPhoto:

still crashes if preferences are accessed ('08).

System prefs crash a lot.

I really have no idea what they purported to have fixed.

that is not a leopard problem, iphoto '08 is very buggy

@Numberz

1. Is your sig a photoshop, or can you actually edit the name of the info bar of your dock apps?

2. Why would apple release a buggy ilife '08? Couldn't they have done more testing and released it with leopard?

1. if you edit the application name from "Numbers" to "numberz" thats what it shows up as in the dock.

2. i have problems with iphoto '08 myself, atm i cannot edit event names, which is very annoying :blink:

like this:

picture1es7pn8.png

Can anyone do a diff between 9A499 and 9A500N to see what files where modified. I assume the package has this new xar format very difficult to read. This would be the simpliest way but of course, you need 2 systems.

TX.

@Matt R:

I've always had problems in 9a499 with the permissions. Same with 9a500n (There are some that it won't repair). I'm also getting the folder image error in Quicklook.

If I go to Get Info> Permissions for any document/folder that tab is all grayed out too, so I think that the permissions haven't been finished yet.

@Numberz: Sorry to hear about your iphoto bugs. Good luck with that.

I cant understand why we cant have the view option that is when browsing a smart folder. Would love to have that iPhoto resizing function in regular folders.

Hoping for an option from apple to support this. such a cool feature, especially with 512x512 icons

iPhone UI for Time Machine

picture1qt796843.png

hi all

i've updated to 9A500n and i wanted to know if this is the new time machine window ? i'm asking this because i don't have the same window. i'm stick with the old one and time machine don't work at all.

is it working for you ?

i've macbook pro "santa rosa"

thank

laurent

Like build 9A499 this one is next to useless for the santa rosa macbook pro's.

Doesn't always go into sleep mode when the lid is closed, so you need to restart the machine. Has a blueish tint to everything, can't calibrate the display as the utility doesn't work. Random hangs when just doing usual things (like browsing with safari).

I have 9A466 currently. I also have an install disk for 9A499. I tried doing an archive+install, but the option wasn't even there. The installer said I must erase my disk. I'd like to install 9A500n, but is there any way to install 9A499 without erasing my disk? I have 400GB of files and nowhere to back them up.

I'm on a 2.16GHz 24" Sept 06 iMac.

I also tried repairing my volume, and it fixed a bunch of problems created by Dw8 (not CS3). After the repair, it still didn't work.

sorry to ask again but can someone tell me if this is the 9A500n ui for time machine or a mockup ?

thanks

laurent

Yes. You should be seeing something that looks like that if you have 9A500n installed. To see what build you have installed, go to "About This Mac" in the apple menu and click "Version 10.5".