NEW UPDATE TO 9A500N

dyemaniac

116 posts in this topic

@Dyemaniac

I love the Pagoda background in your screenshot. Can you tell me where you got it?

Can you also tell me if you must install the 1 MB software update before installing the 500MB update?

Do Little Snitch and Niceplayer work now?

yes, you do have to install a 1.4MB update then restart, then download and install, then restart :)

@Dyemaniac

I love the Pagoda background in your screenshot. Can you tell me where you got it?

Can you also tell me if you must install the 1 MB software update before installing the 500MB update?

Do Little Snitch and Niceplayer work now?

the background came with my 9a499. You have to install the 1mb software and then the 500mb will appear once you update again.

Improvements I found in 9A500n:

- Core Image is finally hardware accelerated again

- Removed bug when changing default app to open a file type

- Fixed up Photo Booth's UI

- Opening a stack doesn't lock the dock anymore. The dock will continue to magnify once a stack is open.

Since I can't run any form of 10.4, I was hoping for an update here soon that would allow me to use Leopard full time.

I don't get the Build number in the window. Just 10.5. Also Office 2004 no longer works. Worked great in 9A499. I get for each application and the installer:

Application Launch Failure

The application "(place Office 2004 App here)" could not be launched because if a shared library error: "<Microsoft (place Office 2004 App here)> <Microsoft (place Office 2004 App here)> <CarbonLib> <>"

Haven't gone much further. I have to have Entourage. Unless what is said in the preview post of features to come from what looks to be last year, but the timeline fits last Spring, of an Apple all inclusive app that will be better than Entourage. That would be so great! Will probably have to revert.

Have noticed that Firefox 2.0.0.6 has gotten slow and Safari faster.

I am hoping that I can find someone in here that has a fix for this, other than reverting.

Will be watching from 9A499.

Click where it says "Version 10.5" and the text will change and show you the build number.

Such magic. Got Build 9A500n. Thanks.

Now how about the Shared Library error I get with Office 2004, CS Suite and Studio MX?

Oh, a good portion of the artifacts in the Dock are gone. Dropping icons in the Dock is smoother. Entering text in the search window of a window makes it crash if you don't type fast.

Enough playing for now have to go to 10.4.10 that crashes to check my mail.

EDIT

Firefox:

same speed. Crashes if Command>Save is used.

Still get that annoying dialog asking to download the unix file for flashgot.

iPhoto:

still crashes if preferences are accessed ('08).

System prefs crash a lot.

I really have no idea what they purported to have fixed.

hello!

So the only way to get 500 is to have 499?

Im having to download 499 now, as I didnt before because it seemed too buggy for me. My internet connection is SOOOO SLOOOOWWWWW so it should be a good few days (possibly a week!) before I get it! (unless some kind soul would be kind enough to send me a dvd with it on, i would pay of course! lol, unless you live near Reading UK... I'll pick it up!)

Now THATS being hopeful! lol

Damn, just last week I went through the process of reverting my iBook G4 back to Tiger. Since everyone's saying it's a lot faster (which was my big problem with Leopard before, the minor stability problems I could live with) I'll give it a shot again. At least now I know there'll be updates through Software Update and I won't need to download 6 gigs every time I want more stability, not to mention wasting a dual layer DVD.

seems a lot more stable on my mac pro, the only problems i've noticed is that airport doesn't switch on and connect automatically when booted up.

the other problem is that a few icons have problems with transparent backgrounds in coverflow mode...blue folders look odd and safari & dvd player have a black background..

anyone else have this problem?