OSX96 + Virtual PC 2007 ?

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

i have read some threads, that is it possibile to install mac os x in vmware, but is it possible to run mac os x under virtual pc 2007 with some tricks?

That would be very very interesting to me...

hope you guys can help me.

regards,

stefan

You can download the VMWare trial and setup up your virtual machine. After that, when the trial period expires, just use the free VM viewer that comes with it.

Stefan,

Yes we know that you don't want to install Virtual PC or VMware on OSX. What the people are saying is:

• Downlad a free trial of VMware Workstation 6 for WINDOWS :)
  • Install it on WINDOWS :D
  • Create an new virtual machine and install OSx86 on it (the virtual machine running on WINDOWS :D )
  • Then when the VMware Workstation WINDOWS :D trial expires:
  • Use the Free VMware Player for WINDOWS :D that came with the VMware Workstation for WINDOWS :D to run and operate your OS X virtual machine as normal

Sorry for all the mentions of WINDOWS :D but I just wanted to make sure that you knew tha VMware runs on WINDOWS :D and it lets you run virtual machines inside WINDOWS :D just like Virtual PC does, except that VMWare for WINDOWS :D has more features.

Post back if you have any more questions about Virtual PC or VMware on WINDOWS :D

hahah, that's many WINDOWS :) being mentioned. Too bad people on forums are blind.

And yes, Virtual PC 2007 works great with Windows OS as guest, but for most other stuff it sucks.

Well.. It's microsoft okay. What would you expect? In their world, everything is Windows or else it simply doesn't exist.

Virtual PC 2007, in my opinion is horrible for even running Windows.

Virtual PC supports 8MB of VRAM MAX, making it no use for anything other than email and basic boring office stuff. VMware supports 128MB making it great for multi-platform gaming.

And besides, why would people go for Virtual PC 2007 when they can get VMware Server for FREE as well, which is 1,000,000 times better.