Hangs at ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

niket_304

23 posts in this topic

My hardware configuration is:

Intel 946GZ motherboard

SATA 160 GB Seagate HDD

or

40 GB IDE HDD (tried both but both doesnt work)

Intel P4 3.0GHz SSE2/SSE3/EM64T Processor

1GB RAM

Problem is that system hangs during the boot. Everything freezes on the "ACPI:System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

tried both.........JAS and Uphuck.....

tried "platform=ACPI:x86pc" and all...

plz help me........

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy im facing the same problem..... after booting from the installation DVD .....

my config is intel DG965RY, core2duo, 1gd ram, 80gb sata hdd...... i also tried updating the bios from intels website but nothing happened.......

you try updating your bios....... if you find any help please let me know and ill let you know

My comp gets stuck as shown in the image.....

post-131104-1188663289_thumb.jpg

hey i too face same problem

with jas 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3

intel d33bu m/b,core2duo e6750 2.66ghz em64t, 2gbram

sata dvdwriter,250gbseagatesata

i feel the em64t or satadvdwriter must be the cause

please reply soon

i miss my mac

• 2 weeks later...

Hey can anybody tell me how do i replace .kext files and make an installable DVD??

the file mentioned above contains five .kext files.....which one do i have to replace?? and how do i read existing 10.4.9 Jas DVD?? how do i replace files and make installable dvd?

any link for existing threads????

err...

get AppleAPIC.kext for 10.4.8 from here

http://www.mediafire.com/?fg30wsscs43

I really didn't want to say, but:

niket_304: copy 'AppleAPIC.kext' to /System/Library/Extensions

s.sajit: copy 'AppleSMBIOS.kext' to /System/Library/Extensions

the kext needs to replace the one already inside /System/Library/Extensions, then you need to change ownership & permissions on it.

to replace stuff: drag & drop, when the computers tells you 'hey, there's already one of these inside this directory, do you want me to replace it?' say yes...

If you know what you're doing you can modify a disk image, burn & see if it works... Myself, I prefer installing to a partition using VMWare, then work my way up from there...

Hope this helps :(

Thank you sooo much for all of your help, I would've NEVER been able to solve this. Now, to make sure I understand correctly:

- Open 10.4.8.dmg with Pacifist and get the "AppleAPIC.kext" and "AppleSMBIOS.kext"

- Open 10.4.9.dmg with Pacifist and replace the kexts with the 10.4.8 version

- Burn 10.4.9

- Install with the modified DVD and pray that it will work :)

Thanks again for such great help

OSX86MX, you've said it soo much better than I ever could! :P

on windows you might want to use shareware like ultraiso, magiciso or blazeiso, & in linux ISO Master is pretty good!

I've no idea if these programs actually work ok with the mac filesystem inside the iso, though. OSX86MX's method should be the safest one.

Might also want to burn the new iso to a DVD-RW instead of DVD-R, so you can reuse the disc for a new project afterwards...

Thanks OSX86MX! -_-

Edited by ceetooo

hey thanks for the tip, i have the same problem and i ill give it a try.

By the way, i have 3 different releases of macosx86 but none of them has the folder /System/Library/Extensions, should i create it or what?

i got uphuck 10.4.9 1.3, uphuck 10.4.9 1.4r3 and jas 10.4.8

thanks

Hey I'm getting the same error. This is the first time I'm trying OSx86 or rather OS X. I've never seen OS X before, I downloaded Uphuck 1.3. Now since I'm on Windows, how do I replace the kext files on the OS X DVD. In Windows Explorer, the OS X contents do not show.

Hi All,

I got the same problem with my Intel D945GCNL mainboard. It freezes exactly at the

"ACPI:System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)".

After strugling all night, I left it alone and tried to install it at the next day morning. It worked..... :)

I don't know what it made work.....!

Even after installation, it stop right at the same point if I restart it from Windows. If I want to boot Mac, I have to shutdown windows and switch off my UPS (Yes it is the the UPS, basically disconnecting power to the computer). Then it starts normally.

I don't know whether is there a way to make this permanantly fixed.

But when i restart from Mac OS it self, I do not need to switch off power.

Really don't know why this happens....!

• 5 months later...

hey MaxSx,

i have the same board. upon the initial installation my ethernet worked right off the bat and then it magically stopped. did you install a kext or something? does your system show an ethernet (e0) and an Airport although i dont have any wireless card? also a quick question to anyone, my system is a core 2 duo but shows up as core 2 solo, what up with that?

• 2 months later...
hey MaxSx,

i have the same board. upon the initial installation my ethernet worked right off the bat and then it magically stopped. did you install a kext or something? does your system show an ethernet (e0) and an Airport although i dont have any wireless card? also a quick question to anyone, my system is a core 2 duo but shows up as core 2 solo, what up with that?

My ethernet is working but it does not show any Airport. But normal PCI cards such as my modem is not detected. I think its a problem with PCI bridge itself.

• 1 year later...