• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I was at a cousin's house over the past weekend, and my pants along with my iPod got thrown in the washing machine and then the dryer. By the time I realized that my iPod was gone, I got back the iPod and the backlight wasn't working. I tried pressing all the buttons, resetting the iPod and restoring it. Now I have no idea how to get the backlight working. I wanted to get advice from this forum before going to Apple.

~NUCLEaR

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Probably your display is water damaged. I would recommend using your nano as a shuffle. I donot think replacing the display is gonna be cheap.

R2k.

R2k.

One minute to midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Music production and sound design
you are right u.c.

~R

NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I don't see any water damage on my screen, my entire iPod looks just like it was before. Isn't the backlight internal?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
The backlight is attached onto the back of the LCD using adhesives. It is normally 4 white LEDs(Video iPod atleast). There are a few more layers of plastic between the LEDs and the back cover of the LCD.

If you know someone who is good at microsoldering/cell phone repair, they may be able to do it. But most likely not.

By cell phone repair I mean people who actually repair the Mobile Boards, rather than Service Centers which just replace them.

NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Might have to bring it in to an Apple repair guy then.

The. Mad. Doc.

The. Mad. Doc.

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Just buy one off ebay and put it in yourself. Its not that hard. I've done it before.

Or try taking it apart and then blow dry it or something...or use it as a shuffle.

vectran

vectran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I run nzipodrepairs.com and just letting you know that you can buy a replacement LCD for about $20 USD form eBay and easily fit it yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy