iTunes Store & Hackintosh

teh.moebius

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I get the Unknown error -50 when I try to authorize my computer which for obvious reasons won't authorize because it isn't a real Mac (getting a MacBook Pro in October anyway because I've fallen in love with Mac OS X as it isn't full of {censored} like Vista). I've tried Parallels but for some reason it crashes when I try to start making an image so is there any other way of sorting this problem out? Many thanks.

I am not sitting on my mac so i can not confirm the exact location but i know it works. find networkpreferences.plist and delete it. I think its in /Library/Preferences/... after deleteing the file reboot computer and go no network panel and add location type in location type(HOME) and then hit apply. the problem is that your ethernet port is set up on En2 rather thatn En0 once you do this you will no longer have this error -50 Did you install with uphuck dvd???? also youtunescontrol will work again.

if you search the forum for "parallels desktop en0 and en1 itunes" you might find it. But here is the problem. itunes uses your internal lan card to keep track of your computer, but if you have a laptop where the internal lan doesn't work (like me) it get's screwed up because en0 is nothing. so to fix this, you install parallels and then set the virtual network device that it istalls to en0, works great after that!

Thanks to hawkeye, he suggested the following and it worked for me too:

Mine works after deleting /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist as suggested by bootsee at hackint0sh.org in a thread titled "Apple TV Won't Authorize." It seems a slightly strange fix to me, but bootsee suggests that iTunes is searching specifically for a network device named "EN0." I guess the uphuck install results in network device names that deviate from the expected.

I've deleted this file before to address other problems and would say that there is probably absolutely no risk in deleting it. Try it. Like I said, mine works now and this is the only thing I changed after my most recent clean install.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new to the Hackintosh world. I got it installed and working well, just need some help with the itunes error. Ive been reading about this for a few hours and just can seem to figure out how to fix. Could someone do a walk thru on fixing the itunes? Thanks so much for your help! Im using Iatkos7

• 1 year later...