Leopard Nearly Finalized

Takuro

62 posts in this topic

Although Leopard has been delayed for several months, sources at AppleInsider claim that Apple is now asking its developer community whether the latest build of Leopard is suitable for a shipping. Using an online survey, developers are asked how the latest Leopard release measures up to the current shipping Tiger build in both performance and stability. They are inquired about user experience in several fields, including Web & Mail, Productivity, Sharing & Device Compatibility, Media & Graphics, and over-all Interface responsiveness.

OS X Leopard is currently set to ship in October 2007. There are only a few weeks left until Leopard will "go gold" and be physically printed on DVDs for shipping, but many testers still complain about bugs and poor performance. Many question whether Apple will do what Microsoft supposedly did with Vista: Release an operating system before performance issues are fixed for the sake of meeting a deadline.

A recent incident has also made matters worse. A guide detailing how to install Leopard on generic PCs have been leaked onto the internet. Although hackers have tried hard to keep their progress secret before Leopard officially debuts, an individual posted a step-by-step guide on his web blog in what may have been a crude attempt to gain site traffic. Apple may scramble to make last-minute changes to Leopard to thwart illegal installations. However, time is short, and such efforts would simply complicate the Cupertino-based company's difficult task of finalizing Leopard.

Many question whether Apple will do what Microsoft supposedly did with Vista: Release an operating system before performance issues are fixed

This is my only fear about Leopard. PLEASE Apple don't be boneheads like Microsoft was, don't release it until it's ready :D

an individual posted a step-by-step guide on his web blog

Anyone with a *cough* URL? :D

This is pathetic. Incase you have forgotton the aim of this webpage was, and still should be running osx on non apple hardware. Good idea huh? perhaps we could code name it osx86, clever right??????

The fact you put someone blogged a method to run leopard on x86 computers and didn't even give a link shows how poor this site has become. All we hear about now are storys stolen from other sources which if we were bothered about we would go to anyway!

Pathetic.

Frist off, we don't post links to that sort of stuff. It's in the site rules. Fair?

Second, this is a forum...

The Wikipedia site is the part of this that is dedicated to OSx86. We here on the "INSANELY MAC" Forum talk about things topics other than just OSx86. If you don't like that....There's the OSx86 place.

wow luke255,

after just four posts you have made it on my ignore list.

great job! ;) !

you might already be on that list, i'm sure you have another

user name. maybe the dumbass who let the file into the wild

and wrote a step by step guide?

lol sounds like vista to me

How can you say that? I have installed Leopard and it is nothing like Windows. The biggest difference between the two systems is the GUI. I mean, Leo is so much slicker. I rather like the new look to Leopard's GUI. A friend asked me to describe it and I said it sort of looks like aerospace, sort of aerodynamic. I am calling it Aero for short. Does Vista have that? The tool bar, it is semi transparent allowing some of the background to filter through. Does Vista have that? And look at the more expanded ways to scroll through folders. Did Vista do that? And Spaces is like a virtual desktop power toy (although linux had this for years). Also Leopard has a nifty programme, Spotlight in the upper right corner, helpful for locating files, folders, etc. What does Vista have? A search box for finding files, folders, etc but it is in the lower LEFT. See, again, not the same thing. And dies Vista offer any way of restoring your system short of having to own an H.G. Wells time machine? See, the differences are quite clear to me.

Boris

ps: next Microsoft will be telling us that they invented the double button mouse!!!

Although hackers have tried hard to keep their progress secret before Leopard officially debuts, an individual posted a step-by-step guide on his web blog in what may have been a crude attempt to gain site traffic.

Well it would be very crude indeed. Someone that really cares about traffic wouldn't block IE browsers. :P Now attention they might crave. So desparate to seem cool that it's painful to observe, sure. Curiously enough they don't list Safari in their browser diatribe but it does work.

As for Apple trying to further block? If they've got it to the point where you need to do all of that to install? That's a pretty decent deterent. They just need their legal hawks to watch the net to keep it down to more of a trickle than it already is.

luke225

1st. read the rules.? ( what's that you ask )

2nd. Remember the site getting shut down, you really want that to happen again.? ( of course you do )

3rd. DON"T write checks that you *ss can't cash, contribute something first. ( any question, course not, you don't get it )

Luke, the guy did credit Insanely Mac at the end of his article. So I can only guess that there is some sort of underground clique going on 'round here that, not being one of the cool kids/not really caring about it much, you/I are not immediately aware of? :) Or maybe there is something on OSx86 matters worth reading buried in the forums other than the front page news?

Eh, whatever I doubt they are gonna make some graY security defense to stop us osx86'ers from installing Leo

We will find a way.....

and to that IDIOT luke, who do you think you are?

I dont see you posting any news......

guys, the profit42 blog guide DOES NOT WORK. they are missing crucial information and file details. if you use that, your leopard install will most likely not work. however, the osx86 site out there that allows osx86 discussion states how to do it :)