Tips for those that want to have an overclocked system

BrazilMAC

8 posts in this topic

HI,

I am just posting my setup for anyone that is willing to build a top performer system with cheap hardware and still beat the best benchmarks out there.

Here is my setup:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Intel e4300 processor

2GB OCZ Mmemory (OCZ Reaper, great OCers memory)

BFG 7900GTX 512 (or any brand 7900GTX)

I am jsut listing the items above since they are problably the ones that make a diff when overclcocking. Hard drives dont really do much, IMHO.

The P5W is a great overclocker's mobo, and the best of all, everything works under MAC. It has a built-in Wireless Card, 2 Gigabit Ports and Surround Sound. Do you need anything else????

The e4300 is a favorite processor for overclocking. I have mine running at 3.38GHZ, Orthos stable for 24 hours. Coupled with the super-affordable Scythe Ninja Plus and a bit of ARtic Silver, you get 55c on the processor overclocked more than 75%!!!!!

OCZ REaper - This memory runs at DDR950MHZ 4-4-4-13. No errors on orthos. It just flies!!!!! No cooling needed, since it comes with a heatsink. I still think I can prob push some more on it.

7900GTX - Well, Until the 8000 series dont fully work on MAC, this is prob the card to get. REason????? Get a hold of Aquamac and ahve him modify your card's bios. It will make it a Quadro FX5500 out of this card??? Well, the real 5500 costs over 1500 quid, and the only REAL diff is the amount of memory: the real one comes with 1GB. Great for the video enthusiasts.

If anybody needs, I can post my bios settings for you. Thats my 2 cents

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just built mine using a p5k-e. I got everything to work except for the wifi on the board. How did you get the built in wifi to work?

Regards,

Eric

HI,

I am just posting my setup for anyone that is willing to build a top performer system with cheap hardware and still beat the best benchmarks out there.

Here is my setup:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Intel e4300 processor

2GB OCZ Mmemory (OCZ Reaper, great OCers memory)

BFG 7900GTX 512 (or any brand 7900GTX)

I am jsut listing the items above since they are problably the ones that make a diff when overclcocking. Hard drives dont really do much, IMHO.

The P5W is a great overclocker's mobo, and the best of all, everything works under MAC. It has a built-in Wireless Card, 2 Gigabit Ports and Surround Sound. Do you need anything else????

The e4300 is a favorite processor for overclocking. I have mine running at 3.38GHZ, Orthos stable for 24 hours. Coupled with the super-affordable Scythe Ninja Plus and a bit of ARtic Silver, you get 55c on the processor overclocked more than 75%!!!!!

OCZ REaper - This memory runs at DDR950MHZ 4-4-4-13. No errors on orthos. It just flies!!!!! No cooling needed, since it comes with a heatsink. I still think I can prob push some more on it.

7900GTX - Well, Until the 8000 series dont fully work on MAC, this is prob the card to get. REason????? Get a hold of Aquamac and ahve him modify your card's bios. It will make it a Quadro FX5500 out of this card??? Well, the real 5500 costs over 1500 quid, and the only REAL diff is the amount of memory: the real one comes with 1GB. Great for the video enthusiasts.

If anybody needs, I can post my bios settings for you. Thats my 2 cents

I believe the Wifi on your mobo is the same mini-pci card as on mine. To get it to work, use the ralink driver on their web site. Look for the P5W DH thread and there is a link there. Cant find at the moment.