This is why the 2.66 Pentium D 805 is the best choice.

Guest pcharles25

53 posts in this topic

Guest pcharles25

Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

1) OSX Loves it, Multi-Threaded apps are Instantaneous!

Spec:

Core: Smithfield

Multi-Core: Dual-Core

Name: Pentium D 805

Operating Frequency: 2.66GHz

L2 Cache: 2 x 1MB

64 bit Support: Yes

Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Voltage: 1.25-1.4V

2) Pricing

$52.99

3 Business Day Shipping $4.99

(Not available in HI, AK and PR)

In Stock

3) Picture, Link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16819116249R

post-15936-1187189585_thumb.png

post-15936-1187189847_thumb.png

post-15936-1187189885_thumb.png

post-15936-1187202276_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's insane...

Did you just woke up from a cryogenic sleep ? Or are you smoking crack ?

He's been posting posts like this for months now - trying to say the Pentium D is the best thing since sliced bread. He doesn't listen to anything anyone else says, and he ignores all evidence against his claim.

Guest pcharles25

None of you are listing to me. It is the best thing since sliced bread and swiss cheese.

Make a mac do what i can do for the same price. (under 300)

With that being said... Try and do 1080p like fluid for under 300

Your not going to be able to and i will tell you why... I have been

doing this for ever and a day... and i love the CORE 2 only because

it Dropped the price of the OEM Pentium D to 59 Bucks and that my friend

is the whole point.

A screaming fast mac that runs anything instantaneously, Here is the thing.

this is what i tell my customers. What is faster then instant?

Well if it opened before you clicked on it that would just be freaky!

Video Editing, Sound, Graphics - - - All these people Absolutly love

what i have put together here. They are using it and saving a -{censored} TON-

of money. and Loving their amazingly fast mac all at the same time!

I borrowed -{censored} ton- from kevin rose.

Opening something instant isn't a valid speed measurement if you ask me... pretty sure things like encoding video etc. will be faster on a Core 2 Duo (in other words, will take less time). Sorry, but Pentium D 805 (Low FSB+NetBurst is a bad combination) is {censored} and (almost?) every Core 2 Duo will destroy it.

You got a nice "Mac" for $300, but don't say that the Pentium D 805 is faster than a Core 2 Duo: it isn't, period.

PC Charles,

for a budget hackintosh that runs faster than a core duo mac, I agree the d805 and gma950

is a great combo, and in conjunction with 2gb of ram or more is a very usable system at a very low price.

But It cannot beat a core 2 duo , even lower end core 2 duo's just work faster , physical clock speed

has nothing to do with it the core 2 duo is just a more advanced processor.

I find my core 2 duo E6600 (2.4ghz) just wipes the floor with my old Pentium d805's benchmarks.

It just crunches up the windows benchmarks like a trooper and scores a good 50-65% higher

across the board in sisoft sandra at the standard 2.4ghz

Add to the fact that overclocking on a Abit IP35-E motherboard is childs play

and I have easily overclocked to 378x9 = 3.40ghz without changing any system, cpu, or ram

voltages, I have a sytem that beats the d805 by over 125% in benchmarks.

I understand that you are very excited to get a dual core pc that runs osx very well for a budget price

but please wake up and smell the coffee, core 2 duo is simply better and no amount of spamming

these forums about the d805 is going to change that.

I agree that maybe on a price vs performance ratio maybe the d805 comes out on top,

but for pure performance the core 2 duo beats it hands down even when both are overclocked.

Core 2 duo uses less power, produces less heat (even when overclocked) than a d805 on stock settings.

My electricity usage has decreased by a fair amount, being that my pc is on 24/7 because it hosts

my ftp server as well as being my main machine, the difference in power consumption is at least

£4 - £6 a week.

So what you save in building a machine with the d805, you spend on buying electricity.

Regards

Niteman1969

;)

The 805 is ancient!

Seriously, look at the benchmarks. Compare a E4400 to the 805 and the E4400 out performs it by at least 10%. And, it is going to save you more in the long run by electrical costs.

Also, you can built a quiet, small PC with the E4400 (my dad tried that with a P4D, needed to get a fan twice the size, a larger PSU and eventually, a bigger case).

You're better off witha C2D any day.

I am building a new PC next week, with a E4400 for less than £200, I'm sure it'll have no problem doing 1080p

Guest pcharles25

The date code on my Intel Dual core Processor 805 P-D is December 2006

Lets build a complete system with this processor shall we.

$59 = P-D Dual Core Intel Processor SSE3

$44 = MSI 945GM3-F

$11 = HS - Fan

$44 = 1 Gb Corsair DDR-II 675 Memory

$49 = SATA-II 7200 Rpm Hard Drive

$39 = Case

$39 = DVD RW Light scribe

-------------------------------------------------------

$285.00 USD For a 2.66 Ghz complete (Intel Dual-Core) System /w Superdrive

-------------------------------------------------------

How and the god dam hell can any one of you dorks beat this.

This Configuration Screams... 95% of the the people out there

will use this machine and say WOW now that is a Screaming Fast mac!

and that is because it is... Regardless of the stupid ass benchmarks.

:)

The 805 is ancient!

Seriously, look at the benchmarks. Compare a E4400 to the 805 and the E4400 out performs it by at least 10%. And, it is going to save you more in the long run by electrical costs.

Also, you can built a quiet, small PC with the E4400 (my dad tried that with a P4D, needed to get a fan twice the size, a larger PSU and eventually, a bigger case).

You're better off witha C2D any day.

I am building a new PC next week, with a E4400 for less than £200, I'm sure it'll have no problem doing 1080p

good for you PM,you`ll be for 10% faster than me ... i`m just kidding. e4400 is really the best chose after d805 ,but d805 is the cheapest way to get very good performance ... e4400 is faster for about 20-30%.the best way ti find it is to render some movie form dvd->dvix format ...

cheers

~R

edit: p.s. my D works @ 3.2 GHz with default fan ...

What about Pentium E2160 ?

BTW, if you don't pay your power bills... that's only because you are too young ...

Outperforms 95% of people out there ? Hey, I'm laughing to death... don't you hear me, from your childish room filled with 50 cent and Blink posters ? ;)

A pentium D with a GMA 950... what can you do with it ? Mails, surfing the web, MSN, and what ? Maybe you don't need a mac, a dell would perfectly fit... :dev:

No offense though

"BTW, if you don't pay your power bills... that's only because you are too young ..."

I knew someone was gonna say that. Way to make assumptions. I'll have you know, I am overseas serving my country, making jack squat... THANKS!

You serve YOUR country, not mine, so should I care ?

Do you think you serve the world ?

Have you brought your Pentium D ? So you work in an office, with your hackintosh ? AHAHahhaahha

What an excuse... ;) You should be ashamed...

BTW, I'm not buying it, you are a stupid child. Send a picture of you in your basecamp, with the newspaper of the day in hand, with writen {censored} HACKINTOM on it, and I'll believe you... or you are the worst {censored} moron on earth...

Get a life

• 1 month later...

Pentium D is 64 bit

But its still {censored}, i can fry an egg on my Pentium D 805 PC, it requires a cooling system that makes it sound like a jet during lift off just to stop it burning my house down.

Though I think you're all misunderstanding this pccharles guy, he's saying its a good system for under $300, which it is, but he doesn't seem to be conveying his intended meaning very well, probably due to him being a bit of a fruit.

Though I think you're all misunderstanding this pccharles guy, he's saying its a good system for under $300, which it is, but he doesn't seem to be conveying his intended meaning very well, probably due to him being a bit of a fruit.

If that's what he were saying, I would agree, but it's not. He's said many times that the Pentium D is faster than a Core 2 Duo, and it's not even close. A 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo beats a 2.66GHz Pentium D.