Error installing in VMware

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

when i try to install osx in vmware. it hangs and gives me a error.

here is a screenshot:

errorvmwareai5.jpg

can someone help me with this?

I have tried it with the settings freeBSD and Windows xp settings in VMware

with both settings i get the same error.

greetings,

rene

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly why this is happening. Its the old "launchd' failure. This happens when you mount the ISO in VMware's own ISo emulation. Either mount the ISO using a different virtual CD emulator like Alcohol 120%, Nero ImageDrive, or Virtual Clone Drive. However, the best option is to burn the ISO to DVD.

What about Daemon-Tools? I used that as I did last time I installed to physical partition via VMWare (that time it worked). Looks like this uphuck version has a regression (introducing old bugs) so it fails under VMWare.

Get it fixed people! VMWare is just as important as the real thing (meaning a real x86 PC this time).

uphuck: You're doing a great job, don't misunderstand. It's just that it frustrates people when they can't get stuff working.

Oh damn. 10.4.9 will be so great. If I could just get it running. My computer has a GeForce 8800GTS card so I can't install it natively either.

When can we expect support for 8800 series (and Radeon HD series too)?

What about Daemon-Tools? I used that as I did last time I installed to physical partition via VMWare (that time it worked). Looks like this uphuck version has a regression (introducing old bugs) so it fails under VMWare.

Get it fixed people! VMWare is just as important as the real thing (meaning a real x86 PC this time).

uphuck: You're doing a great job, don't misunderstand. It's just that it frustrates people when they can't get stuff working.

Oh damn. 10.4.9 will be so great. If I could just get it running. My computer has a GeForce 8800GTS card so I can't install it natively either.

When can we expect support for 8800 series (and Radeon HD series too)?

Saviert,

I no longer mention Daemon Tools as a choice for virtual drive emulation because the new versions install When-U/U-Control Spyware on your computer. I've confirmed this by testing. If you have a new version of Daemon Tools, run the trusted online spyware scanner X-Cleaner Micro Edition (requires Internet Explorer). I bet it will pick up When-U spyware on your machine if you have a new version of Daemon Tools installed.

Also, are you saying that the launchd failure error is caused by a bad Uphuck image? If you are, for your information the launchd error is a well known error that appears when the OS X ISO is mounted on VMware.

You can choose not to install the WhenU SaveNow stuff when you install Daemon-Tools. It has been discussed to death on Daemon-Tools forums. I am running Daemon-Tools now and I have no adware installed because I choose not to install the WhenU component. Sometimes people decide to make money on the software they write. It's not a bad thing to bundle adware if people can opt-out during installation.

Okay enough about that. Just think it deserves some explanation.

And yes, you're right the Built-in ISO emulation in VMWare sucks, but I did use Daemon-Tools previously (now I'm repeating myself here) when installing a JaS distribution of Mac OS X and then it worked. With this 10.4.9 uphuck version, it fails no matter what I tried (out of the obvious of course as I'm only a mere mortal).

I hope we can be on the same wavelength now.

Told you Uphuck is useless and error-full. As for Daemon Tools with spyware, just in case I got something wrong I want you to know that when I installed Daemon Tools 4.09 I was given no choice to not install the WhenU stuff. I scanned with the scanner I linked above and it found the WhenU software, when I didn't even say that I wanted it.

But no matter how different our opinions are, we're still friends right? :)

As for Daemon Tools with spyware, just in case I got something wrong I want you to know that when I installed Daemon Tools 4.09 I was given no choice to not install the WhenU stuff. I scanned with the scanner I linked above and it found the WhenU software, when I didn't even say that I wanted it.

But no matter how different our opinions are, we're still friends right? :gathering:

Actually only the Daemon Tools PRO - in the basic free edition has the AdVantage/WhenU {censored}.

Normal 4.10 still works like a charm, and i really see no point in using the PRO Basic version, since

the important improvments are included only in the more advanced commercial packages.

BTW... one great guide you've made, gratz!

Actually only the Daemon Tools PRO - in the basic free edition has the AdVantage/WhenU {censored}.

Normal 4.10 still works like a charm, and i really see no point in using the PRO Basic version, since

the important improvments are included only in the more advanced commercial packages.

I hate the stupid spyware that people bundle with apps....Daemon Tools has gotten a big hit to its reputation...Used to be a great program all around but now new users don't even want to touch it. I use Nero ImageDrive as an alternative

BTW... one great guide you've made, gratz!