The recent craziness

erbic

93 posts in this topic

So, let's review what's happened in the last couple of days.

• Discussion about Leopard x86 repeatedly censored.
  • Ramm left, purportedly due to the aforementioned censorship.
  • New logo.
  • PRocker left, due to the "horrible administration" here.
  • If we believe Ramm, some interesting details about the hack are emerging. I don't know if anybody else caught what he put up on the front page, but I did. (thank you Google)

I understand there are some things that rightfully should be kept from the general member populace... however, some of the things Ramm wrote have me thinking... a lot.

I'm not going to abandon InsanelyMac yet, as so many people have, but it really seems like the administration is... if not breaking down, at least faltering a bit. Things are coming out that, until recently, I didn't want to think could happen here. I supported Swad when he chose to sell the site, but it's hard to deny it's been going downhill since then.

To those of us with no insight as to the inner happenings of this forum, it's quite annoying to know what's going on, and yet to know nothing.

If I am risking my account with this, so be it. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

-E.

I've talked with Ramm and have found out why he did what he did. It was a miscommunication with him being moderated for the wrong reasons by PRocker267.

The rules will be updated shortly to make it clearer for staff and members alike.

Not bad for my 1st proper day back with no knowledge what happened in the past few weeks :P

So, let's review what's happened in the last couple of days.
  • Discussion about Leopard x86 repeatedly censored.
  • Ramm left, purportedly due to the aforementioned censorship.
  • New logo.
  • PRocker left, due to the "horrible administration" here.
  • If we believe Ramm, some interesting details about the hack are emerging. I don't know if anybody else caught what he put up on the front page, but I did. (thank you Google)

I understand there are some things that rightfully should be kept from the general member populace... however, some of the things Ramm wrote have me thinking... a lot.

I'm not going to abandon InsanelyMac yet, as so many people have, but it really seems like the administration is... if not breaking down, at least faltering a bit. Things are coming out that, until recently, I didn't want to think could happen here. I supported Swad when he chose to sell the site, but it's hard to deny it's been going downhill since then.

To those of us with no insight as to the inner happenings of this forum, it's quite annoying to know what's going on, and yet to know nothing.

If I am risking my account with this, so be it. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

-E.

PRocker left? and ive been on the forum everyday for the past week, sheesh....

I've talked with Ramm and have found out why he did what he did. It was a miscommunication with him being moderated for the wrong reasons by PRocker267.

The rules will be updated shortly to make it clearer for staff and members alike.

Not bad for my 1st proper day back with no knowledge what happened in the past few weeks :P

That's all well and good, but the question remains: Was what Ramm said true?

He seemed pretty damn sincere about what he posted. Granted, I haven't talked to him and you have.

The whole "moderation for the wrong reasons" bit also explains why Prawker left.

Only questions I have left regard the sincerity of Ramm's claims about the ACP passwords, and the new logo. Did Ramm put that up too?

EDIT: Other answered the crossed-out bits while I was posting. :P

Oh, and Colonel... if you want a lolcat fight, it's on.

If we believe Ramm, some interesting details about the hack are emerging. I don't know if anybody else caught what he put up on the front page, but I did.

I seen it and i dont know why it need to be deleted :P is it just another incident of IM censoring???

I just saw this. This is where things are just screwed up here, imo. People feel that anything they say that may not make the administration happy, is going to get them banned, or censored in some way. Idn, I just think that's a bad perception most users are viewing from these days.

Lol, are you insinuating that Ramm has access to that kind of stuff. ie hacking it or having the passes?

Well, he claimed that passwords to the ACP were floating around.

It also seems oddly coincidental that the Front Page News forum got mysteriously unlocked. I know it's a stretch, but whoever did that could have changed the logo. And since Ramm's the only one who posted in the unlocked forum....

Like I said, it's a stretch.

Oh, and...

robinamused.jpg

We need a new topic for the lolcat war... there's no more "not amused" pics on ICHC.

the way i see it, procker moved ramm's thread to front page (or ramm posted there), why would procker do such a thing? well he and ramm are butt buddies now.

ramm has absolutely no position of power (unless his butt buddy sabr is in on this as well)

all this editing and censoring is lame...

Everything Ramm stated is the truth, if Other or different admins/mods dont agree they should discuss it rather then deleting it.

This is one of the main resons IM is lossing members and people are chossing to not post here :(

sht like this is why sites like osx86scene will prevail!

DO NOT WANT EDIT PLZKTHXBAI. You guys are paranoid, its a forum account, iz is not scared :P.

Anyway, as i dont trust Ramm :(, I wont make any accusations until the Forum Admins all make a formal announcement.

EDIT: I have just released 1337 posts and would like to take this time to say I will not be posting any more. I R L33t.

Wow, Im gone 12 hours and everything starts going insane... oy, I hate when people miscommunicate {censored}.

I can understand censoring certain words (its annoying, but the average age here is kinda low), but topics? C'mon.

Instead of censoring post by post, in addition, an admin should do its routine announcement of getting everyone up to date, whether it be Other or another admin.

lol, an erbic, ramm does not have the passes. They have all been changed now since they were obtained by non-staff members.