How to install OSX on Inspiron 1420 and 1520

cyberslice

78 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I am new here and was wondering if anyone has ever gotten the wireless card and audio to work on a 1420? I know my cousin and I have been trying to get this to work on my laptop for a couple days and will try this when I get home. But see that it is so old, is there a better or newer way to try?

Thanks,

Jack

• 1 year later...

uphuck what's that?

Well,

I've managed to install osx from up uphuck 10.4.9

I have a Dell inspiron 1520 with a geforce 8600gt 256mb, apparently i have the 9205 sigmatel integrated audio chipset and... the basic wireless card that comes with it. as far as i can tell, bluetooth is working, so is wireless, but no sound or video recognition. Now, as far as I can tell, NO ONE has yet solved these issues, but it is on their to do list... apparently. Nevertheless, despite the few bugs and visual glitches, it seems that i get better performance and less lag and or latency is this hacked OSX thatn in VISTA! (geez, what's that say about vista!).

Anyhoot, I had a big problem while installing, I could not see a partition to install on during the OSX install, if you have the same problem, just go to disk utility, and erase your MAX OSX partition you created in Vista or XP and give it a new name. VOILA!

can you please help me install this on my inspiron 1420 my problem is i don't know where to start. my question is what is a uphuck 10.1.9 is that the mac osx install disk? I have the original disk but it's not reading in my dvd rom drive even when I made a copy with the mac osx is their any way you can send my a copy of that disk please thanks Joseph

joseph6836@sbcglobal.net

Anyone got any Info on Dell 1420 WiFi and Audio patches...??????????????????????

• 2 months later...

Dont try anymore leopard on inspiron 1420.

Now you can install snow leopard there.

And it's easy, just download snowleopard by hazard,

burn it, remove the laptop battery, and plug in AC power.

Boot for CD, with command: -v cpus=2

After that installation comes. Dont select 10.6.1 or 10.6.2.

Installation should be finisheb for about 15minutes (yeah its true)

After that try to boot the HD with these commands:

busratio=9

or

-v cpus=2

If with these commands you get kernel panics, then try these command:

cpus=2 -v -x

With the first two commands I got kernel panics,

but with the last one it worked.

Just fill some info,

and here you are,

you have Snow Leopard 10.6 on inspiron 1420!!!!!!

And you can dual boot with any other OS,

thanks to bootloader!!!!