Apple Tech Support

34 posts in this topic

1108491544_336ffa6aaa_o.png

Our very own PRocker267 (aka 'Prawker' :) ) took it on himself to explore the extent to which Apple's tech support goes. He phoned up the Apple help line for support for his Hackintosh, and then recorded what happened. Apple does make it quite clear that they provide support for OS X, but it seems as though that might be platform dependant...

Read the thread here.

And get the audio file here

Funny thing... I have a friend who works for a Cable Provider's high speed internet tech support... the name of the company rhymes with Wime Warner...

Anyhow, someone called him for tech support regarding their Hackintosh...

I LOVE IT!!!

-- R

While it was nice, I must agree that it was bit...Meeh...

It's basically like calling Microsoft support and asking for help on your pirated copy of windows...

But hey, I did like that:

I have a Compaq...

Wait, what? You mean a Windows PC...

But, meh...Kind of good...

Letsee...

Got a human being on the line in both cases very fast...

Apple tech support clearly spoke English...

Tech support did not lose his cool with the caller....

and was polite throughout the entire insane affair...

Nice plug for Apple. Now try it with Dell, Gateway, Microsoft, GeekSquad, etc. and post that here too.

I feel sorry for the rep, I do technical support myself and stuff like this is a waste of time, good to know there are people out there with nothing better to do than to waste everyone's time.

Keep up the good work guys, maybe with 9 billion more pointless phone calls you can stick it to the corporate man.

I feel sorry for the rep, I do technical support myself and stuff like this is a waste of time, good to know there are people out there with nothing better to do than to waste everyone's time.

Keep up the good work guys, maybe with 9 billion more pointless phone calls you can stick it to the corporate man.

using an iphone against apple doesnt really work does it? :P