uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3 vmWARE problem

4 posts in this topic

hi, i have

uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3

vmware 5.5.3

deamon tools

i made new machine :  FREEBSD (NOT 64bit!!)

512 MB RAM

6GB DISK allocated now

i have notebook HP510

so when i try install it write mi a note about DMA access i click OK but then it say error in instalation (but not text, but nice blue apple menu - i can shut down, restart, see install note)

so how to configure to successfully install thankx a lot

• 2 weeks later...
hi, i have

uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3

vmware 5.5.3

deamon tools

i made new machine : FREEBSD (NOT 64bit!!)

512 MB RAM

6GB DISK allocated now

i have notebook HP510

so when i try install it write mi a note about DMA access i click OK but then it say error in instalation (but not text, but nice blue apple menu - i can shut down, restart, see install note)

so how to configure to successfully install thankx a lot

Hmmm.. Just clicking OK on the DMA notice works most of the time. Does the message come up in Mac OS X itself or just in the VMware program?

If its the VMware program, Try this:

When the DMA message comes up, click the Don't show me this tip again (something like that) checkbox and click OK.

Post back if you have any problems.

@pcwiz: WOuld be cool if you also mentioned this:

Guest Operating system type: Windows NT (so VMWare disables ACPI mode I assume)

OS X Boot option: -legacy (press a key during boot to enter this)

then you should get here successfully:

th_uphuck_1049_v1.4i_r3_on_vmware.png

Truth to be told: Both these suggestions have been mentioned multiple times but NOT TOGETHER!! You need to set both Guest OS type and do the boot option thing. Not one or the other. Sometimes people (including me) need to be spoonfed. I'm no Mac OS X systems engineer (or whatever).

Also, why does the uphuck distro require Windows NT and -legacy boot option in the first place? JaS' distro didn't require this. Guess it's the new 10.4.9 kernel that messes up things.

Yup, like I've told you many times saivert (no offense though of course, we're all friends :D) the newer Uphuck images are way more trouble than they're worth. The 10.4.8 release was the last stable one and like you said, the 10.4.9 kernel probably messed it (update to 10.4.10, anyone?). For now, I'm sticking with JaS 10.4.8 but right now I am in the process of installing the Delta 10.4.10 update (pascalW edition :D). I tried installing it WITH the Intel graphics kexts but then my VM wouldn't even boot...Luckily I had a snapshot. Now I am installing it without the Intel graphics kexts. Hope it works.

EDIT: Nice Royale Noir theme saivert B)

Regards,

PCWiz