iWork '08 on non QE/CI machines, is it possible?

Paulo Greimel

25 posts in this topic

Well peeps, I downloaded iWork '08 Trial last night, activated with the serial and launched Pages first. It was strange, I was unable to click or create documents and etc. So I searched and found out how to make Pages work, just edit the file defaults.plist in the resources folder changing the "SomehingCanvas..." to false, then it works, but keynote and numbers don't have this string in the defaults.plist. Do you know a way o make Keynote (and Numbers, both don't have this string) work (The use will be very basic, not going to use all that beautiful effcts)

Thank you,

Paulo

P.S.: My video card is onboard, 64 mb VRAM and CPU is SSE2

Found a solution for Keynote '08,

Write this in text edit:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</plist>

Save with the extension .plist and put in the resources folder of the application.

Paulo

PS.: If this is not legal, the moderators feel free to delete it.

Thank you for that Iv been trying to get keynotes to work with out QE/CI for a day or two :D

Anyone had any luck with numbers?

Also, cant export to quicktime from inside numbers but can do the rest, is this me or a bug / problem with keynotes?

That means you can use numbers? The Keynote issues I am experiencing are: 1.Can't see the presentation in full screen 2.Can't use the 3D charts (Everytime I try it quits, the same with Pages) 3.Can't export to QuickTime Movie or iPod. 4.The gradient theme is very strange, looks pixelated.

I'm using 10.4.10. I also get the low VRAM message when I play the presentation.
How much VRAM do you have? How did you upgraded do 10.4.10 (Your PC is SSE2, isn't it?)

My machine can juice up a max of 64 MB shared VRAM. But I don't have any idea if hackintosh is using it to full capacity. I upgraded to 10.4.10 from 10.4.9 from a JaS 10.4.7. Everything works fine except my System Profiler crashes. Yes, my machine is SSE2. I got instructions somewhere in the forum where you input some codes in Terminal then download the latest updates using Software Updater then repair disk permissions. Viola! My hackintosh is updated to 10.4.10. :( I also updated the kernels from the same post.

I'm using Pages '08 using a trick I also found in the forum without any problems. However, I would really like to try Keynote but I guess I have to wait till a hack has been found or if it will even be found at all. :D

• 2 weeks later...

To make the inspector show up, remove the file from the resources folder. Then open Keynote, go to "Window" menu and minimize. Click on the window that show up in the dock. Open the inspector, don't close it. Quit Keynote, put the .plist in the resources folder again and launch Keynote. Voila! There is your inspector. Just don't click in the animations tab, it crashes the inspector window.PauloThis trick also work for iWeb '08. No iDVD or iMovie yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Copy/pasted modified (SFRAcceleratedCanvas set to NO) Defaults.plist from Pages into Resources folder of Keynote and it works on a totally unsupported video card (no QE/CI, running at VESA 1024x768).

Didn´t work with Numbers, still freezes at startup.