iWork08 and iLife08 require 10.4.10 - which upgrade works best?

rhalls

60 posts in this topic

I didn't know iLife '08 requires 10.4.10, so I just installed it on my system! (10.4.9) I can't explain why, but it didn't checked my system, and it installed just fine. Everything works as it should. So the advice is, try it before upgrade, if you don't want to!

post-6945-1187187288_thumb.jpg

I didn't know iLife '08 requires 10.4.10, so I just installed it on my system! (10.4.9) I can't explain why, but it didn't checked my system, and it installed just fine. Everything works as it should. So the advice is, try it before upgrade, if you don't want to!

iLife'08 only require 10.4.9. iWork'08 require 10.4.10.

Does anyone know what update will work with uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r3? I tried pascalw and it gave me that kernel panic screen where it says "you must restart" but it just does it over and over.

What are the differences between 4.9 and 4.10? is it worth upgrade?

Hi, ive installed iwork after editing it so it suits my system and quicktime version (10.4.8 and 7.1), but whn i want to open any of the three iwork apps, they just ... appear "jumping" in the dock and then disappear, thats all. Any ideas?

Well, I did a fresh install of uphuck's 1.4iR3 on a new hard drive yesterday. I used Koolkal's updater and installed iWork and iLife 08. Previously I upgraded from 06, but this time loaded 08 directly. I did briefly test each of the modules and all seems to work well.

Well, I did a fresh install of uphuck's 1.4iR3 on a new hard drive yesterday. I used Koolkal's updater and installed iWork and iLife 08. Previously I upgraded from 06, but this time loaded 08 directly. I did briefly test each of the modules and all seems to work well.

will try Koolkal update and post results.

Hi!

I have 10.4.8 (AMD Tubgirl) and I've installed iLife'08 editing with pacifist. It installs with no errors, but I cant start iPhoto and iMovie because get an error: this is no 10.4.9 os version or such.

Is there any files for editing in installed files? Or I make a mistake when I edited before install?

THere are serveral ways to upgrade to 10.4.10 at the moment, which ones are the moset stable and reliable ones? Many of us will want to upgrade cause of the new iWork and iLife things.....

Maybe u are lucky with THIS.i dont know wheter this works

Does anyone know what update will work with uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r3? I tried pascalw and it gave me that kernel panic screen where it says "you must restart" but it just does it over and over.

What are the differences between 4.9 and 4.10? is it worth upgrade?

10.4.10 support more raw formats (that's if you have a digital SLR) and fixes security issues.

you can probably find more on the apple website

My copy of iLife '08 is on DVD. When I tried to perform the text edit updates to the distribution.dist file in the Contents folder if the iLife08 package install file, the permissions were set to read only and I could not update the text file. To alleviate this, I created a folder called Temp in my home directory, giving myself complete read & write access to it. Then I copied the iLife08 install file into the Temp folder. Because permissions trickle down from the main folder to its subfolders, voila, I am able to modify distribution.dist. I updated distribution.dist to reflect that my system runs 10.4.8. The installation completed successfully.

HOWEVER, iMovie and iPhoto will not load (Note: iWeb, Garage Band, and iDVD work okay). The error message I get is "You cannot use the application 'iMovie' with this version of OSX." Not to be denied joy, I modified the info.plist file in the Contents folder of the iMovie package. I changed the statement

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>

<string>10.4.9</string>

to reflect that I was running 10.4.8. After a system restart, no joy. :( iPhoto does not have such a statement in info.plist. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions so I can make iLife 08 run in a 10.4.8 environment? It's all loaded up, it just won't run.

MacWeenie :blink:

My system:

Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop (Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz supporting SSE2)

LCD: Samsung SyncMaster 151s (1024x768 @ 60Hz)

Video: ATI X800XL (QE & CI Support using phoenix3200 procedure and Callisto b006)

Audio: C-Media CMI8738 (used driver provided by dogbert)

LAN: Intel Pro V integrated network adapter

DVD: Sony DVD RW DRU-810A (burns great using Liquid CD and Disk Utility)

Try what AntarcticP did in post 8 of this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry431117

If it works, please let us know, because I've tried to update to 10.4.10 with both Koolkal and PascalW but both killed my JaS 10.4.8 installation on my HP dv1000 SSE2 Intel GMA900.

So im stuck with 10.4.8. Got quicktime 7.2 to work (and i heard iWork '08 also works the same way) but iLife requires a bit more work...

I just installed koolkat 10.4.10 and it works fine after replacing some new extensions with the old ones (audio, ethernet)... iWorks and iLife working.... much faster than before but when i go to slide show in keynote... i get kernel panic.

Anyone had the same problem??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...